CIS- What would you do differently?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

1. I wouldn't fruitlessly toss away strength on missions with dubious value.
2. Start producing better capital ships, rather then the overgunned tin cans that the CIS navy was primarily using.
3. Start equipping droids with a better variety of weapons, like shotguns and flamethrowers. Enough SDBs should be able to shotgun spam a Jedi to death.
4. Build high-altitude bombers equipped to carpet bomb battlefields with cluster munitions and napalm.
5. Build a much more armor heavy force. BD1s are great in mass numbers, but they die in droves when they're up against actual armored vehicles, which the Republic has.
6. Artillery. Not crappy laser artillery with LOS limitations, I'm talking regular projectiles, with a nice mix of gas, high explosive, cluster, and even KT range nukes.

And finally, start fighting really dirty. Best way to clear a landing zone is to nuke it first. Start building drop-ships with vectored thrust engines so they can pour the energy output of their thrusters onto the battlefield below them. Casualties are meaningless as long as the job gets done properly, I can always build more droids. Republic forces landing on a planet? Use artillery to lob nukes onto their LZs, and toss whatever I can afford to lose at them to keep them contained.

And my actual final change, I'd change the damn voices of the battle droids. A weapon of war should not sound like a kid on helium, and it shouldn't even be speaking english except when reporting to an organic superior. When communicating between each other, they should be using wireless transmissions, and if that's not possible, then they should sound like modems screeching at one another or whatever the SW equivalent would be.

EDIT: Oh yes, new battle droid idea. Stop building the regular battledroids. They suck, there's no way to argue that they don't. They're ridiculously complex for something that performs that poorly in battle. Instead, start taking their brain units and software and such, and putting it into a new body, one that replaces the legs with three wheels, and take off one of the arms, replace the shoulder socket with a swiveling mount for a rapid fire blaster. You have something that does the exact same job, with a lower target profile, and less complex moving parts.