ASM #544: Iron Man gets pwned.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Did you miss the thread where we saw Spiderman throw a fucking Jeep (with spin, like a football) at a guy, through a brick wall? :P

The dude is strong ok. Not just strong like Cap is strong, but strong like "LOLZ STRONG!!!!" :P

The fact he can pick up and throw a fucking truck without his arms being torn off or his bones shattering shows he also has significant durability.

Though i must admit i'm just happy to see Iron Douche go down like a prison bitch against a teenager. That must be soooo humiliating, a 30+ year old dude choking like that against a frat boy. Good.
Kanye West Saves.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Did you miss the thread where we saw Spiderman throw a fucking Jeep (with spin, like a football) at a guy, through a brick wall? :P
I remember the days where Stark took a big hit from Namor and didn't instantly die. Sure, he almost died, but for fuck's sake, this is Namor. The self-same man who punch Magneto's island and made it quiver. The guy who picked up a tank and threw it at a plane. The man who went up against the Hulk and won. Twice. And cause earthquakes and tidal waves into the bargain.

I remember the days.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Did you miss the thread where we saw Spiderman throw a fucking Jeep (with spin, like a football) at a guy, through a brick wall? :P
Who are you asking?
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Also, Peter Parker is not a fucking teenager.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

**grumblegrumble**

Considering Iron Man is one of the heaviest of the heavy hitters, and also considering how badly he beat Peter using the artificial spider-sense, this doesn't make much sense unless Tony's deliberately trying to stay calm and handle Peter with kid gloves (a definite possibility). As strong as Peter is, he's still not even in Tony's league, and with the Extremis going for him, Tony should kick his ass eight ways from Sunday.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Velthuijsen
Padawan Learner

Post by Velthuijsen »

neoolong wrote:Man, how compressible is that webbing? That should have left no room for his internal organs.
Very. I still have an issue around somewhere (story arc where Spidey gets Cap. Universe powers) in which he uses his webbing to display the formula for the stuff. The end result is a ball of webbing that is Peter high.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I saw the pics and to be honest I don't see at IM being owned rather him being inconvenienced. Come on! That punch broke Peter's skin! As much as I like Spidey, he's way over his head.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

SCRawl wrote:I'm not taking issue with the fact that Cap has done this in the comics -- that much is in black and white. I'm arguing that someone with his nominal capabilities shouldn't be able to do so. Really, what can Cap do? He's really, really strong for a human, and he carries around an indestructible shield. Effectively, a strong guy with a hammer (insofar as his ability to damage IM armour is concerned). I could see him able to exploit the weak points of the armour, but IIRC his blow at the end of "Civil War" was against the chestplate. Such an individual shouldn't be able to do what Cap does, which is why I refer to him being over-wanked.
If anything is being over wanked in that case, it's the shield, not Cap. I recall issues where he did stuff like throw it through multiple metal pillars thicker than the shield is wide. It should act like a hammer, but it acts like a blade when the plot calls for it. Of course it also acts like a blunt object when he wants, like when he catches it, bounces it off a wall or knocks someone out.
jimthegray
Youngling

lol

Post by jimthegray »

Enigma wrote:I saw the pics and to be honest I don't see at IM being owned rather him being inconvenienced. Come on! That punch broke Peter's skin! As much as I like Spidey, he's way over his head.

well peter did beat firelord :P
When we turn away from the darkness of
our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
there is much worth remembering in the darkness..."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah, good...you learned to hit sumbmit. Care to add to the discussion or just make pointless observations?

So Peter beat out Firelord? Your point being? He got his ass handed to him by being surprised by fucking Kraven the Hunter.

Oh wait, you have nothing except pointless one liners.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
jimthegray
Youngling

Post by jimthegray »

i was pointing out that spiderman like all comic hero's has varies levels of wank.. now please remove the rod from your ass
When we turn away from the darkness of
our past to take comfort in our peaceful lives, we
sometimes forget how dearly that peace was bought. But
there is much worth remembering in the darkness..."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

jimthegray wrote:i was pointing out that spiderman like all comic hero's has varies levels of wank.. now please remove the rod from your ass
Learn how to contribute dipshit, and I won't comment on your lack of contribution.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Yaaaa!!!

now peter put thtat chemestry degree of your to use, and give us some molecular acid, or something that will fuck up old fascist rust bucket.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
MadSorcerer
Redshirt

Post by MadSorcerer »

And in the next page Iron Man breaks out and kicks Peter's ass right?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

GuppyShark wrote:I don't think Iron Man 2020 is really relevant to this. The timeline is too divergent.
If you mean Arno Stark, the IRON MAN OF 2020 (lol), he sucks balls. His suit isn't even fucking SEALED. You can hurt him by bashing his helmeted face into a computer console. Machine Man really showed Arno Stark to be quite the suck Iron Man. :)
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Imperial Overlord has some explaining to do. :)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

GuppyShark wrote:Imperial Overlord has some explaining to do. :)
I've only read one issue with the Iron Man of 2020 in it and that's when Peter beats the shit out of him. 2020 was packing a full arsenal of deadly weapons and when glass fragments from a repulser beam near miss on a window take half of a kid's face off, Peter loses it. Up till then Peter was just trying to keep the kid out of harm's way. He goes on the offensive, smashes 2020 in mid air, knocks him about a block through the air and 2020 crashes in a construction site. Peter then continues beating the shit out of him.

I don't know anything about the suit being non-sealed or Machine Man. The Blizzard did him earlier in the issue, with a full power blast from an experimental suit. Some of 2020's defences hadn't come back online from the time jump, so it actually managed to knock him out of the air but he took no damage and then blasted the Blizzard, which was the end of him.

The only noticeable differences in the suit in that issue, except for minor cosmetic ones, is that 2020's weapons were all designed for maximum destruction.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

GuppyShark wrote:Spidey's always been one of Marvel's heavy hitters. People just never seem to believe it for some reason - probably because he doesn't act like it.

My favorite is still Spidey humiliating the X-Men in Secret Wars.
I loved how he swatted Wolverine away like he was nothing.

(I really don't like Wolverine)

Anyway, my reactions to this thread:

1. Yes, Spider-man has always been one of Marvel's heavy hitters.

2. No, this was not a 'pwn' of Iron Man. And god, am I ever sick and tired of reading that made-up word.

3. What the fuck is this 'organic shooters' bullshit?
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Imperial Overlord wrote:
GuppyShark wrote:Imperial Overlord has some explaining to do. :)
The only noticeable differences in the suit in that issue, except for minor cosmetic ones, is that 2020's weapons were all designed for maximum destruction.
Yeah, just the minor detail that it wasn't Iron Man at all, and has zero relevance to Iron Man vs Spider-Man.
Stofsk wrote:Anyway, my reactions to this thread:

1. Yes, Spider-man has always been one of Marvel's heavy hitters.

2. No, this was not a 'pwn' of Iron Man. And god, am I ever sick and tired of reading that made-up word.

3. What the fuck is this 'organic shooters' bullshit?
Having read the issues in question here, I have to say that Iron Man is the guy I'd be putting money on. Which is kind of amusing given that I'm like, the only person in the usual crowd I discuss comics with that thinks Spidey rates as a first-pick.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stofsk wrote: I loved how he swatted Wolverine away like he was nothing.

(I really don't like Wolverine)
He also put Wolverine through a "indestructable" window at the Avengers tower after he hit on Mary Jane. :)

Luke Cage and Jessica Drew were kinda...stunned that he was able to do that.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

anyone got any pics of the Spidey>Wolverine stuff ?

I'd love to see that moron getting his face beaten in by Spidey.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Though not exaclty Spiderman, I would say this is the greatest example of Wolverine getting punked. Ever.

What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Oh, that's embarassing! :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

HA-HA!

That is so...undignified!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

The only thing I don't like is that stupid sound effect 'pinched!', as though pinching someone actually sounds like the word.