DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Less than three months away now :mrgreen:
IDahaka
Redshirt

Re: DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE

Post by IDahaka »

This movie would be a banger for sure. The comedy brought by Deadpool and the nostalgia from Wolverine would attract lots of fans
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

As the only MCU film that's going to be out this year thanks to the bullshit strikes last summer I imagine a LOT of fans will be seeing this to get their fix.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Any guesses on what the popcorn bucket will be ?

Thought the Dune popcorn bucket was obscene? Deadpool 3 has an even cruder tie-in planned
By Amy West published 13 April 2024
According to Marvel boss Kevin Feige, it's "intentionally crude and lewd"

Deadpool's whole thing is poking fun at pop culture, from the 2018 movie's post-credits scene where he went back in time to stop Ryan Reynolds from signing up for Green Lantern, to what looks like a jibe at the Disney/Fox merger in the Deadpool 3 trailer.

So it's hardly surprising, then, that Marvel is planning the ultimate meta gag for the threequel's cinema release: a deliberately questionable popcorn bucket that'll rival this year's Dune: Part Two butthole-looking monstrosity.

"Deadpool & Wolverine is getting a popcorn bucket which will be intentionally crude and lewd," wrote ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis out of CinemaCon 2024 recently.

"While some are unintentionally gross, this one will be intentionally gross," added Gizmodo and io9's Germain Lussier on Twitter, as he relayed Feige's announcement during the event.

While it's been confirmed now, Ryan Reynolds teased the Deadpool 3 popcorn bucket back in early February, when the comic book movie's first teaser trailer emerged online. Sharing the poster for the flick, he joked on Twitter: "Wait till you see the Deadpool popcorn bucket." We can only imagine the horror in store...

Also starring the likes of Emma Corrin, Morena Baccarin, Matthew Macfadyen, and Hugh Jackman, Deadpool 3, or Deadpool and Wolverine as it's officially titled, sees Wade Wilson (Reynolds) brought in by the Time Variance Authority and tasked with saving the Sacred Timeline.

It's set to land in UK cinemas on July 25, and in the US a day later. For more, check out all the upcoming Marvel movies and shows on the way, as well as our guide to how to watch the Marvel movies in order.
Oh and don't misake the fanmade one that went viral for the real one.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-05-24 08:44pm As the only MCU film that's going to be out this year thanks to the bullshit strikes last summer I imagine a LOT of fans will be seeing this to get their fix.
Working people advocating to get a wage they can live on is not "bullshit". Retaining the rights to your own image and voice is not "bullshit". Preventing exploitation of human beings by large corporations is not "bullshit". Preventing exploitation and abuse of human beings by other human beings is not "bullshit".

Yes, I'll miss out on some entertainment I otherwise would have gotten. I'm OK with that, because I want justice and a living wage for the people making my entertainment.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I hope he means it's more bullshit that they had to go on strike, not that they did.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Seen it. Everyone else seems to love it. I was pretty meh on it.
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-08-03 03:59pm Seen it. Everyone else seems to love it. I was pretty meh on it.
I also was pretty neutral on it. I will have to watch it again to see if I like it more.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I wouldn't say it is a film you want to watch for the storytelling. Deadpool being involved with the TVA doesn't offer much room on where the plot can go and pretty much only act to serve as the vehicle to bring us a different Wolverine. It also suffers as many other movies do by having a villain that is too powerful in which then Wolverine and Deadpool have to figure out a different way to defeat her. It's like asking John Wick to think outside the box and not use guns against the final boss. Nobody's paying to watch that. Also, after what happened in the second movie, Vanessa should have played a larger role in the film, but instead somehow gets relegated to a presence that's darker than Peter's.

In the end, it served a full platter for everyone who's been waiting to see Hugh Jackman in the yellow and blue suit. It took twenty-five years, but we finally got it and then some.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Bedlam
Jedi Council Member

Post by Bedlam »

While it was fun the level of 4th wall breaking ruined the immersion for me. There was so much which was a joke on superhero / marvel movies in general that I found it hard to actually feel anything about the characters themselves.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then I feel I had a good grasp of what it was before I went.

I would no more expect a Deadpool movie to have deep storytelling or character development any more than I'd expect a Monty Python movie to have that. That's not the sort of film it is. It's a lot of satire, crude humor, and two guys who are functionally immortal shooting and knifing each other in multiple fights. I, and the rest of the audience, laughed out loud at several points and I felt a minor frisson of offense at a couple other points.

I thoroughly enjoyed the multiple alternate Wolverines, the blue and yellow suit, and seeing Hugh Jackman again. Also, I enjoyed Ryan Reynolds in the prior two Deadpool movies and enjoyed him again playing that character. I think I got most of the Easter eggs and references, but damn, it's covering about 50 years of comic book history as well as the MCU so I expect I missed a few.

I had fun and I was entertained. YMMV.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

By sheer coincidence I saw this movie at the cinema with my gf and my sister and her husband in the same screening. They asked what we thought of the movie, and thankfully my gf gushed about it, so I didn't have a chance to bring down the mood.
Spoiler
It was a very average movie that I only enjoyed because I got most of the in-jokes. The fight scenes were frankly tedious. Deadpool and Wolverine stabbing each other isn't interesting.

I think the best bit was the Chris Evans fakeout. Seeing Chris Evans in the film was pretty much the only thing I did not see coming.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I enjoyed it for being an entertaining movie that gave the fans what it wants, although I can see it's not for anyone
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

At the start they really took the concept of Grievous Harm With a Body to a whole new level by Deadpool using Wolverine's Adamantium-infused bones to kill two dozen TVA agents.

In the end I found myself feeling pretty 'meh' about it. I was like, "I binge-watched season 2 of Loki for this?" I was surprised to see Blade and Elektra show up again, played by their original actors, with Blade getting to repeat the same line he uttered when he killed Frost.

One question which was not answered was how Giant-Man's corpse came to be there, with Cassandra setting up shop inside his skull as well.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-09-06 05:50pm One question which was not answered was how Giant-Man's corpse came to be there, with Cassandra setting up shop inside his skull as well.
The same way everything got there. The TVA pruned it from some rogue timeline or Another.

-

To expand on my thoughts a little more, I think the middle section was strongest with the pruned heroes. The first sections of the film was too much 'I saw all this in the trail' and the end section, well didn't care for the Deadpool Corps, the shots at the multiverse saga or the overwrought sacrifice ending that wasn;t. (Thought it was less drawn out that 2's tbf)

Laura was the best and her scene with Logan was the only one that seemed truly emotional to me.

As to 'it's deadpool it's not supposed to have deep storytelling or character development' well the first two if not deep had character and attempts at an actual story and arc. Fridging vanessa was stupid but the emotional payoff and reaction was there. This one it felt like Reynolds was phoning it in, though it has been pointed out he was hamstrung by the writer's strike. Apparently you can't improvise when it's on because that's writing. So maybe that was it? Need another polish or more freedom for him. Whatever.

The killing of Johnny Storm was the worst Deadpool's everbeen. Like that was a total jerk moment getting him killed and the only reason he gives was meta and it just felt so wrong to me. (and i've seen half of one of the FF films he was in so it's not me being fond of the character).

So there's all my bitching out in the open, lol. $1.2 billion and counting means its not unpopular to say the least. I am greatly pleased by my fellower 'meh'ers though I expect Marvel will be plying Reynols and Jackman with dump trucks of money to come back in Secret Wars, assuming they haven't given it all to RDJ already.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-09-06 07:01pmThe killing of Johnny Storm was the worst Deadpool's everbeen. Like that was a total jerk moment getting him killed and the only reason he gives was meta and it just felt so wrong to me. (and i've seen half of one of the FF films he was in so it's not me being fond of the character).
You mustn't have stayed for the post-credits scene then, where that very thing was addressed :mrgreen:
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Yes I did. It doesn't change Deadpool's culpabillity in the slightest.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

He did say he could quote him :wink:
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-09-06 07:24pm
Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-09-06 07:01pmThe killing of Johnny Storm was the worst Deadpool's everbeen. Like that was a total jerk moment getting him killed and the only reason he gives was meta and it just felt so wrong to me. (and i've seen half of one of the FF films he was in so it's not me being fond of the character).
You mustn't have stayed for the post-credits scene then, where that very thing was addressed :mrgreen:
Yes, Johnny storm was totally blameless, it’s not like he would ever actually say anything remotely like that, right? Pro tip: if you don’t want people repeating what you say, maybe you shouldn’t tell them that they can quote you. :D
Spoiler
Edit: Note that she never questioned what Deadpool said, so she obviously knew Johnny Storm enough to know Deadpool was telling the truth.
The one I actually feel kind of sorry for was Nicepool, definitely didn’t deserve what happened to him… though that didn’t stop me from laughing anyways :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Tribble wrote: 2024-09-06 08:58pm
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2024-09-06 07:24pm
Yes, Johnny storm was totally blameless, it’s not like he would ever actually say anything remotely like that, right? Pro tip: if you don’t want people repeating what you say, maybe you shouldn’t tell them that they can quote you. :D
Spoiler
Edit: Note that she never questioned what Deadpool said, so she obviously knew Johnny Storm enough to know Deadpool was telling the truth.
The one I actually feel kind of sorry for was Nicepool, definitely didn’t deserve what happened to him… though that didn’t stop me from laughing anyways :lol:
Just so there's no confusion: Here's the scene in question :lol:
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Do people not understand bravado? Him actually saying that even with you can quote me does not excuse Deadpool repeating it to Nova and getting him killed and Deadpool has to be either stupid or acticely malicious to think so.

I know Deadpools a dick and it's dark humour but he's not that much a dick in the others doesn't do actions for metareasons previous and it didn't land a joke (for me, it's obviously subjective)
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-09-07 04:49am Do people not understand bravado? Him actually saying that even with you can quote me does not excuse Deadpool repeating it to Nova and getting him killed and Deadpool has to be either stupid or acticely malicious to think so.

I know Deadpools a dick and it's dark humour but he's not that much a dick in the others doesn't do actions for metareasons previous and it didn't land a joke (for me, it's obviously subjective)
Humour’s subjective, but from the moment I saw Chris Evans I knew he was gonna die some needlessly horrible death and I wasn’t disappointed! My audience at least was laughing their asses off during that scene, especially after the post credits :D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Finally saw this last night, my brother took me.

It was exactly what I wanted it to be, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet