Civil War #7 - Spoilers

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Punisher would never have shot Captain America, even if he could do it, he wouldn't do it as a sniper.

In Civil War #6, after Punisher Murdered Goldbug and Plunderer, Captain was beating the ever living shit out of Frank, and Castle never even tried to defend himself. He flat out refused, he would not lift a finger against Captain America. He idolized the man more than anything else.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

It wasn't Punisher. The shooters are seen quite clearly, Crossbones fires the first shot that hits him in the shoulder and Sharon Carter then shoots him point blank several times.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Sunstreaker
Padawan Learner

Post by Sunstreaker »

Spoiler: The Death of the Dream

Captain America's death
Autobot-Cybertron's Finest

"I've been through alcohol, marriage, and network television. If you want to kill me, you're gonna need kryptonite." - Sam Donovan, Sports Night
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:It wasn't Punisher. The shooters are seen quite clearly, Crossbones fires the first shot that hits him in the shoulder and Sharon Carter then shoots him point blank several times.
Let me use this to expand on my earlier theorizing on Bucky's motivations for declaring war on Stark as the solicitations have indicated. Carter's shooting is clearly orechestrated by Dr. Faustus and his hypnotic abilities. When the autopsy is performed on Cap's body, they'll find the three rounds in the stomach came from a S.H.I.E.L.D. firearm and likely trace it back to Carter. She wouldn't know Faustus hypnotized her and Bucky might not even care at that point. In his eyes, S.H.I.E.L.D. killed Cap and the forensics would likely also set Bucky off on the warpath.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

JME2 wrote:
Manus Celer Dei wrote:It wasn't Punisher. The shooters are seen quite clearly, Crossbones fires the first shot that hits him in the shoulder and Sharon Carter then shoots him point blank several times.
Let me use this to expand on my earlier theorizing on Bucky's motivations for declaring war on Stark as the solicitations have indicated. Carter's shooting is clearly orechestrated by Dr. Faustus and his hypnotic abilities. When the autopsy is performed on Cap's body, they'll find the three rounds in the stomach came from a S.H.I.E.L.D. firearm and likely trace it back to Carter. She wouldn't know Faustus hypnotized her and Bucky might not even care at that point. In his eyes, S.H.I.E.L.D. killed Cap and the forensics would likely also set Bucky off on the warpath.
Sharon finds out she was hypnotized at the end of the issue, though, but even so, I can see that course of action follow through regardless.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Majin Gojira wrote:
JME2 wrote:
Sharon finds out she was hypnotized at the end of the issue, though, but even so, I can see that course of action follow through regardless.
My bad in regards to the former.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I gotta give credit where credit is due, the scene of the whole assassination is very well done. Very cinematic, i like it. The art is alo quite good.

Now i must pick up said comics, and pray that unlike Civil War which had a cool beginning and good art but dropped the ball, this one pans out to be cool.
Kanye West Saves.

Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:I gotta give credit where credit is due, the scene of the whole assassination is very well done. Very cinematic, i like it. The art is alo quite good.

Now i must pick up said comics, and pray that unlike Civil War which had a cool beginning and good art but dropped the ball, this one pans out to be cool.
"This one" in this case being...?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Edward Yee wrote:
18-Till-I-Die wrote:I gotta give credit where credit is due, the scene of the whole assassination is very well done. Very cinematic, i like it. The art is alo quite good.

"This one" in this case being...?
This story arc. The story following Civil War's conclusion.

You know the assassination of Cap storyline, which i'm sure they'll focus on more than just one issue.
Kanye West Saves.

Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

Maybe Punisher did it so he could martyr Captain America and make him an everlasting symbol of the struggle of freedom and whatnot, and also so then he could be assured to pick up his mantle and become a rampaging force of liberty. Because he believed that Captain America was doing the wrong thing, and he had to save his idol from himself, by becoming his idol. And also so then his idol will become a legend in the eyes of the people, as opposed to a weak surrenderer.

Get your crazy conspiracy theories! You heard it here first!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

No, it wasn't Castle; Skull's top man, Crossbones, pulled the trigger from what I understand.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

This is still Earth-58163 here, set by Scarlet Witch in House of M. Hulk will return, fuck up EVERYBODY's cookies, and then Penance will time-travel and initiate a reset to Earth-616-normal where shit makes (marginally) more sense, and we can forget all this crap, because it never mattered anyway.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ghost Rider wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*snort* Yeah, and this is the same company that has all but brought back Ben Parker.
What do you mean "all but"? They did. Granted, it was "Ben Parker from another timeline where May died instead", but he is still running around in the main universe
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

you know my theory about Mephisto showing up, is gaining a lot more credance. I mean Iron Prick walks into his office, and someone with wealth and taste is sitting there talking about their bargin. Yup cap's and Goliath's deaths were just part of that blood sacrifice needed to, oh and the nanites are also his dooing too.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Darwin wrote:This is still Earth-58163 here, set by Scarlet Witch in House of M. Hulk will return, fuck up EVERYBODY's cookies, and then Penance will time-travel and initiate a reset to Earth-616-normal where shit makes (marginally) more sense, and we can forget all this crap, because it never mattered anyway.
To quote Warren Ellis:

"They're all Anal Skrulls."
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Majin Gojira wrote: To quote Warren Ellis:

"They're all Anal Skrulls."
Have I mentioned lately that I like Warren Ellis? :D
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

It could be worse, Quinten Terratino and Robert Rodriguez could be given a comic, I can just picture it. a whole year where all the marvel titles will be given over to film directors. yes, billy mumy too.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kittie Rose
Widdle Bunnymuffin

Post by Kittie Rose »

What a shit ending. It's a much better ending if you read Front Line 11 directly after it. In fact, they should have condensed FL11 into an extended CW7. It would have been way better.

In the Initiative; Ms. Marvel flat out says Cap isn't dead, implies it was fake, and that they're trying to save his life on the Raft. Since there is no further authority on this, that's what we should go with.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

That cheesey lettering really ruins the artwork. "WEEOOOWEEEOO." What the fuck? We know what sound an ambulance makes. Jeez.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ender wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*snort* Yeah, and this is the same company that has all but brought back Ben Parker.
What do you mean "all but"? They did. Granted, it was "Ben Parker from another timeline where May died instead", but he is still running around in the main universe
That's what I mean. They didn't make Ben Parker up from the dead, they just circumvented the bit.

EDIT: Still it is sad that of all people, he's back.
Last edited by Ghost Rider on 2007-03-08 10:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Kittie Rose
Widdle Bunnymuffin

Post by Kittie Rose »

VF5SS wrote:That cheesey lettering really ruins the artwork. "WEEOOOWEEEOO." What the fuck? We know what sound an ambulance makes. Jeez.
Are you sure? Some people don't even know how to pronounce it's name.[/url]
Kittie Rose
Widdle Bunnymuffin

Post by Kittie Rose »

Eergh that is embarassi, now used to this forums bbcode.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Ender wrote:
Wait, what?

I saw where they brought back an Uncle Ben from another timeline, but then I missed the next issue and never saw him again so I assumed they got rid of him.

Is he seriously still running around? And if so, where is he? Why isn't he with May and Mary Jane?
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Praxis wrote:Wait, what?

I saw where they brought back an Uncle Ben from another timeline, but then I missed the next issue and never saw him again so I assumed they got rid of him.

Is he seriously still running around? And if so, where is he? Why isn't he with May and Mary Jane?
They brought over a Ben that never died beforehand, so to my knowledge 616-Ben (aka the one behind the now-erstwhile "no permadeath except" line) has never been revived. It's just that this AU Ben Parker, having been transported over without a way to get back.

However, both Aunt May and Peter Parker both thought him to be a malignant imposter; AU Ben ended up coming to blows with Jarvis (dating May at the time) and stormed off, eventually ending up homeless.
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

And once again, I'm glad that I barely give the Spidey books a serious read.