THE OotS Thread, Part V

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part V

Post by Crazedwraith »

I know it won't seem to have taken as long when collected by I do wonder what the point of this fight is/was?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Same as any fight like this.... to wear own the party to make things more challenging when they face the end boss!
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-07-12 01:53pm I know it won't seem to have taken as long when collected by I do wonder what the point of this fight is/was?
Very likely to take Sereni out as a parting shot, leaving the Order at a sudden major disadvantage and also giving her comeuppance for her sins.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1305 up

No particular losses of note yet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Go Team! Get that 1d4 final damage!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-07-20 07:32am Go Team! Get that 1d4 final damage!
1d2-4. Plus whatever animal companion bonuses he has to Strength. So probably something like 1d2-2.
Bedlam
Jedi Council Member

Post by Bedlam »

Ralin wrote: 2024-07-20 08:08am
LadyTevar wrote: 2024-07-20 07:32am Go Team! Get that 1d4 final damage!
1d2-4. Plus whatever animal companion bonuses he has to Strength. So probably something like 1d2-2.
But a minimum of 1 point and that's what matters when kill stealing.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

And considering Mr. Scruffy was a Feudal Lords 'front', and is now a high level Ranger's animal companion

Him landing the killing Blow on a dragon is possible within the rules.

That's without considering the possibility that Mr. Scruffy was magically augmented by the Sapphire Guards wizards and clerics in some way, or that Belkar is using an alternate/house rule animal companion advancement for Mr. Scruffy. (Say one that sacrifices most of the spell related abilities for increased damage by the animal companion)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Poor Haley! It defies the world's gams logic!
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Yeah, reflex is 'I defeated a dragon, where is the Hoard?'

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Well guess he isn't going to take Sereni with him. I'm a bit surprised.

Wonder if Tiamat is pumping him got information on the Order right now?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Ralin wrote: 2024-07-27 11:33am Well guess he isn't going to take Sereni with him. I'm a bit surprised.

Wonder if Tiamat is pumping him got information on the Order right now?
... I can see that.

However, I can't see her acting on it, due to the deal with the I.C.C

Now, once that many good dragons are dead....

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Solauren wrote: 2024-07-27 11:48pm
... I can see that.

However, I can't see her acting on it, due to the deal with the I.C.C

Now, once that many good dragons are dead....
I think she has bigger plans. Tiamat has come up quite a lot in this story to not have a hand in the finale. She's the one backing the Oracle (and therefore was influencing the Order's actions by proxy fairly early on). She's the only deity in her pantheon who has actually met the Dark One, and her peers all think she's running some sort of scheme. And she was just name dropped right as the finale arc takes off to keep her fresh in everyone's minds. Think that's all a coincidence?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who ends up shutting down the IFCC. It's established that the gods have all sorts of restrictions on their ability to fuck with mortals and the mortal world. Guess what the IFCC fiends and whichever lower plane they're on (Hell? Can't remember if it was specified) definitely aren't?
Bedlam
Jedi Council Member

Post by Bedlam »

I assume they're commuting from various lower plains to probably a neutral one, them meeting in Sigil would be a nice touch and would make them largely proof against direct intervention from a god.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Bedlam wrote: 2024-07-28 04:26am I assume they're commuting from various lower plains to probably a neutral one, them meeting in Sigil would be a nice touch and would make them largely proof against direct intervention from a god.
From what I remember the scenery around them always looked appropriately hellish. One strip had a choir of castrated pedophiles. And I don't feel like Sigil or anyplace like it fits in a cosmology that is periodically shredded by the Snarl.

Also, consider. They wipe the memories of all the outsiders with each new world. It's entirely possible that the fiends in charge of the IFCC have tried this shit before.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ralin wrote: 2024-07-28 05:09am
Bedlam wrote: 2024-07-28 04:26am I assume they're commuting from various lower plains to probably a neutral one, them meeting in Sigil would be a nice touch and would make them largely proof against direct intervention from a god.
From what I remember the scenery around them always looked appropriately hellish. One strip had a choir of castrated pedophiles. And I don't feel like Sigil or anyplace like it fits in a cosmology that is periodically shredded by the Snarl.

Also, consider. They wipe the memories of all the outsiders with each new world. It's entirely possible that the fiends in charge of the IFCC have tried this shit before.
The Snarl periodically shreds the Prime Material, not the Outer Planes.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2024-07-28 11:45am
The Snarl periodically shreds the Prime Material, not the Outer Planes.
If nothing else it introduces the possibility of something more powerful than the gods and thus possibly more powerful than the Snarl. It also poses a serious logistical problem to the stated fact that the gods wipe the memories of all the outsiders between worlds, since it implies a location where an outsider can take refuge beyond their reach.

Anyway, it seems like travelling to a neutral plane would make them more vulnerable to attack by hostile entities (by which I mean basically all entities since they are fiends), not less. In Hell or Gehenna they're only at risk from other fiends and the Evil deities that live there.

Which again may include Tiamat.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Burlew's on a roll recently.

1307 is up

Belkar's being quite nice in this one but then the shoe drops.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'd wondered what they'd do with Bloodfeast. I didn't think V would have a way to 'fix' him back to tiny lizard.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

This is what 'Collars of Shrinking' are meant for.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2024-08-13 08:38pm 1308 is up.
Good thing he's a Ranger, not a Rogue

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'm surprised at Roy's reaction tbh, Belkar's initial reaction was what I thought he was going to have to learn to be selfless as well as empathetic to his animal companions. Belkar's developed by is still on the selfish side.

By Roy saying he's right takes things in another direction.

Also Roy's a meat shield and a single stab is basically inconsequential... lol.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-08-14 08:50am I'm surprised at Roy's reaction tbh, Belkar's initial reaction was what I thought he was going to have to learn to be selfless as well as empathetic to his animal companions. Belkar's developed by is still on the selfish side.

By Roy saying he's right takes things in another direction.

Also Roy's a meat shield and a single stab is basically inconsequential... lol.
At their level, a Rogue doing a Sneak Attack, or with the (I believe it's called) Critical Strike feat, that's alot of damage, and potentially a massive damage save, so meat shield could have gotten cleaved.

And Roy is absolutely right on the need to bring Bloodfeast. Would you want to leave that for the Lich to find, Dominate, and use against you after buffing the hell out of it?