Power Rangers (insert theme here)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Naly
Redshirt

Power Rangers (insert theme here)

Post by Naly »

Time to do Saban's job: design your own team of power rangers from the ground up: theme, suit info, zords, mentor/characters, villains...as far as you'd like to go

Here's mine:

Power Rangers Metropolis

Big hyper-urban setting (like a few power levels below Corusant)...maybe a colony after Space/Lost Galaxy
Most of it under construction...by the Power Rangers

Red - Headstrong/Aggresive
Blue - Leader
Green - Intelligent
Yellow - Caring
Purple - Cool-headed
Orange - Strong silent type

G, Y, P - Woman
R, B, O - Men

Their Morphers are their belt buckles: they have to take two seperate parts and slide them together to form a belt buckle in the front (the pose would be very workmen like)

Each Zord is a construction Vehicle:

Red - Bulldozer (leg)
Blue - Steamroller (head)
Green - Crane (arm, wrecking-ball weapon)
Yellow - Excavator (arm)
Purple - Cement truck (leg and the barrel breaks up and becomes skirtarmor)
Orange - Dumptruck (body/shield)

Villian...Maybe someone human for a change that creates monsters, similar to Dr. Wily and surrounded by robots/Creatures
Naly
Redshirt

Re: Power Rangers (insert theme here)

Post by Naly »

I forgot to mention...the style would be primarily art deco with a touch of dirt from construction
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Mighty Morphine Power Trippers

White Ranger - Snorts huge quantities of Peru's finest while constantly hitting on anything with tits. Kind of a dick, but the rest of the group puts up with him because he holds incriminating photographs that could land the rest of the team in a federal penitentiary for the rest of the natural lives.

Blue Ranger - This guy has snorted, drank, shot up, smoked, and eaten every hallucinogenic substance known to man. During the occasional lucid moment he rapidly shows intelligence unmatched by the rest of the team, but mostly he runs around screaming about iguanas trying to eat his testicles.

Green Ranger - If you saw this guy in a room with Tommy Chong, Snoop Dawg, and Jim Brewer in a room you'd immediately know that this guy was the biggest pothead in the room. When he isn't busy watching cartoons or trying to fit his Zord through the drive-thru line of the local Taco Bell he provides the voice of reason in this group of drugged out retards.

Yellow Ranger - This chick is so hilariously strung out on heroin that she can't remember her name half the time, but it doesn't stop her from beating the living shit out of people the White Ranger says stole her stash.

Purple Ranger - By day as silly raver girl whose brain is permanently fried from rolling way to much E, by night she's a silly raver girl whose brain is permanently fried from rolling way to much E.

Orange Ranger - So twitchy the rest of the group doesn't let him have access to firearms, the Orange Ranger is the alertest member of the team. This is because he smokes more crack than a Dave Chappel skit character. Holds the team record for longest duration without sleep.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Naly wrote:Time to do Saban's job: design your own team of power rangers from the ground up: theme, suit info, zords, mentor/characters, villains...as far as you'd like to go
You mean Toei's job? Saban has to work around the footage that they produce originally, after all.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Naly
Redshirt

Post by Naly »

Very true, even later...They did have to craft a story out of it though...but yes you are Toei as well now :P
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Why isn't this in Sci-Fi or Fantasy?
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Darth Tedious wrote:Why isn't this in Sci-Fi or Fantasy?
Because I've just now seen it...
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:You mean Toei's job? Saban has to work around the footage that they produce originally, after all.
To be fair Saban do shoot a fair bit of original footage. Though sometimes their reasoning is utterly baffling, like throwing out all of the cockpit footage from Shinkenger.
Mr. Coffee wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Trippers
I would watch the shit out of this.
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Naly
Redshirt

Post by Naly »

Sorry Mods....I wasn't sure which one they went into, so I went with neutral territory
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:I would watch the shit out of this.
So would I. :)
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Trippers
No Red Ranger?
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 2#p3382772
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 3#p3392963
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 5#p3426945
(And yes I am going to start the next section soon/now)

The above is of course constrained a little based on the SDNW4 Universe but it still works well that way. Once you go space you don't go back, so have the rangers and a proper soft sci-fi setting. Mentor is dead and they have lost one of their own, not revealing any details to the audience. Villains can be more numerous in a larger setting with more differing goals that do not have to line up, with the unifying theme that the Power Rangers will oppose them all. Make them a broken family, not bad but on the come back from a series of tragedies.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton