Godzilla vs Cloverfield

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Godzilla vs Cloverfield

Post by Solauren »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
doan_m wrote:
Solauren wrote: In one movie, he had the ability to 'fly' by leaning back on his tail and lifting his legs up. I think that was the one with Megalon in it. Yes, I even watched that Godzilla movie.
That's not the only way he flew. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjfJKMX11g
Most fans would rather forget about Hedorah *puke*
I never saw that Godzilla movie...

Now I kinda want to....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Plekhanov wrote:
Rye wrote:It probably didn't. It got hit with the "Hammer Down" from the US military (which that soldier dude described as likely to devastate Manhattan, i.e. it's heavily implied it's not the conventional weaponry used so far), and at the end that radio message says it's still alive.
Does that message at the end definitely say 'it's still alive' I couldn't really make it out.
I think it says "It's still moving," only it's reversed or some bullshit.
Anyway it would seem the Cloverfield monster is rather more durable than has been suggested surviving what was quite possibly a nuke or similar. So far as I recall most of the conventional fire it took in the film annoyed it a little and it was floored for a moment by the large conventional bombs the b2 dropped on it.
Not only that, but it didn't even really show any signs of damage. It doesn't bleed at all and its joints all seem to be in full working order at the last point we see it.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Plekhanov wrote:Why would you take a comment in a media interview over the actual film?
Because that thing scares me and I'd prefer knowing it dead instead of wandering under the sea and possibly coming here where I am.
Now, without joking, we just have a radio message affirming it's still alive when played backwards and the producer saying it's dead. If we don't get a sequel or get a sequel that shows the same attack filmed by someone else, the producer's right and the guy with the radio's wrong. If we get a sequel with another attack, the backwards radio message is right (at least I'd hope so, because if we get that sequel and it's not the same monster I'll get nightmares. Godzilla may be capable to kick its ass, but Clover is a lot scarier).
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Solauren wrote: I never saw that Godzilla movie...

Now I kinda want to....
I won't lie, it's the King of the Monsters at his all time lowest. However if you're a real fan of the series or if you love fantastically shitty movies then you'll get some enjoyment. This film was so bad that the director was initially banned from ever making a Godzilla movie again (although almost 40 years later he's getting another crack at it).
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
alexx_2010
Redshirt

Post by alexx_2010 »

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, are the best of the Heisei films.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

^ What about it?
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Serafine666 wrote:I'm with the peanut gallery: Coverfield gets its... uhh... whatever is attached to whatever part of it is the ass... kicked and kicked hard. For the strangest reason, though, the highlight of Cloverfield's debut was seeing it gets bombed by B2s. :D I have no clue why that made my day...
I would guess it's something to do with the fact that proper bombardment (with actual bombers instead of fighters) is up there with flattening tanks on the list of things you'd expect to see more of in kaiju films.

More directly on topic... I did a big list of various feats by which to quantify Godzilla for the Godzilla vs. Star Trek vs. Star Wars thread several years ago (everything from surviving a black hole to the face to the peculiar fact that his meltdown temperature in Godzilla vs. Destroyah was several hundred degrees less than the temperatures he was dealing with during his little dip in the Earth's Mantle a few years prior). I can dig it up if anybody really wants it, though the consensus seems to be on curbstomp already. :P
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!