Who most deserves the title Dark Lord?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

I can't think of anyone quite as evil as Melkor. Sauron is a sissy by comarison, if you ask me.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Dont forget Dr.Robotnik and Shredder.

Maybe we should have a tournament with all of them, after all there will be one for their minions anyway so why not them?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

Unicron ate an entire universe, took a nap, and then started munching his way through ours. He created Galvatron. He created the Quintessons, both of which are guilty of genocide and mass murder. He enslaved the entire junkion race and then when his body was finally destroyed, he took possession of the matrix and turned Rodimus Prime against his own troops. Dark Lord, thy name is Unicron.

All hail, Unicron! The devourer! The chaos-bringer! The dark lord of destruction!
...and knowing is half the battle
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

To quote from here:

"Vigo the Carpathian. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy."

"Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505. Died 1610. He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn and quartered."

His last words, before he died, were "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back."

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is an evil Carpathian who lived to be 105 years old. He died a horribly gruesome death and swore vengeance. What isn't there to like about Vigo the Carpathian.

He was the evil archnemesis of the Ghostbusters in their sequel, or as he's known to many of you, one of the creepiest bastards alive. Especially in that scene where he starts to morph into the baby or the scene where he grows horns.

He was a tyrant, sorcerer, psychotic autocrat, lunatic, the sorrow of Moldovia and a genocidal madman. They don't get much more dark lordy.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Dont forget Dr.Robotnik and Shredder.

Maybe we should have a tournament with all of them, after all there will be one for their minions anyway so why not them?
In that case, being that he's one-level below God himself, Melkor wins easily :D
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Without the true dark lord, maybe he sends Sauron (before being strong enough to create the ring) to do the dirty work. Or even Gothmog ar Angaraon the black (Captain of the Balrogs and fire winged dragons respectively)

Any way Aku would still beat him, Aku is the evolution of a creature that was a near match for 4 gods at the same time. :twisted: (Note the Y :wink: )
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Any way Aku would still beat him, Aku is the evolution of a creature that was a near match for 4 gods at the same time. (Note the Y
I'm not sure if this was meant as a joke or not, but Aku was essentially that being's pinky, not an "evolution" of it.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Technically both, each time Aku was destroyed he did become stronger and becomes stronger with time anyway (based on him still holding out against Jack despite the laterer's increasing in prowess during the series), and he was a pinkie that could have possibly regrown the being but would require a factor more of time to reach anything like that creatures uber-ness.

Yes, it was a joke. But Aku was an improved mini-me version of the great darkness.
Photography
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

David the first supermod

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"Let the Galaxy Burn!"

Horus, Warmaster of Chaos

When you get a reputation in Warhammer 40,000 as a monsterous, brutal, and twisted son of a bitch that really means something. He damn near killed a god in single combat, ripped a galaxy apart and left it permanently shattered in his wake.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Wouldnt the Chaos gods be the dark lord/s in Horus's case? (Tzeentech in particular)

They did corrupt him and posess him after he took the initiation as well as control him (until the end) and pump him full of "juice".
Photography
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

the .303 bookworm wrote:Wouldnt the Chaos gods be the dark lord/s in Horus's case? (Tzeentech in particular)

They did corrupt him and posess him after he took the initiation as well as control him (until the end) and pump him full of "juice".
Some what and some what not. Horus was incredibly formidable all on his own, and while they twisted him to their purposes, it was he that actually brought the Horus Heresy into being. In the end, I would give it to him. Had he not been killed, he probably would have become a Warp God all on his own.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Who most deserves the title Dark Lord?

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Ender wrote:Simple enough question - which character, through acts and abilities, is most deserving of the title of being the Dark Lord? We see the title tossed about in a number of series, to a number of characters. But who is the truely vile creature who deserves it the most?
His Divine Shadow
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Rye wrote:He was a tyrant, sorcerer, psychotic autocrat, lunatic, the sorrow of Moldovia and a genocidal madman. They don't get much more dark lordy.
He was so cool.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.