USMC vs Jedi

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

What would be required to kill a Jedi master?

One marine
3%
A Squad (4 men, one with M203)
9%
A Platoon-level force (at least 2 squads, often more, up to 45 men)
48%
A Company-level force (two or more platoons)
24%
A Brigade-level force (about 6,600 men)
3%
A Division-level force (three brigades, about 20,000 men)
No votes
A force larger than a division
12%

Total votes: 33

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Robert Treder wrote: Jedi have pretty good telepathic suggestive power...Obi-Wan was able to influence a squad of stormtroopers to allow him to pass in Mos Eisley. I shouldn't think that the average Marine would be that much less susceptable to this Force-suggestion than stormtroopers.
Marines seem to me to be rather less clueless and lapdog-ish than Stormtroopers.
Jedi also have receptive telepathy. Remember that Palpatine was able to finish Amidala's sentence for her (which could be done by a normal person, but it was clearly a literary device to indicate Palpatine's Force-sensitivity).
It was? How do you figure that? I could have finished that sentance just as easily.
Obi-Wan was also able to sense the destruction of Alderaan through what seemed to be a form of telepathy.
He felt millions of people die. Not quite the same thing as sensing the thoughts of one person.
But even worse for the Marines would be the precognitive spidey-sense. Jedi see and react before things happen, which puts the damper on surprises, unless those surprises are perpetrated by other Force-users who cloud the spidey-sense (e.g. Obi-Wan's execution of Maul).
I dunno, Obi-Wan and Qui-gon seemed pretty surprised to me in Ep1 when they got gassed.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.