40K Lore Question

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

WillDexter
Padawan Learner

40K Lore Question

Post by WillDexter »

Chalk iy up to failing memory, but do the events in High Lord Of Terra(Gogh Vandyre's power frab) take place before or after the Gothic War?
"For Holy People, however it runs
Endeth always Wholly Slave."
--Rudyard Kipling, "McDonough's Song"

"The enemy is fear. The enemy is ignorance. The enemy is the one who says you must hate that which is different.
For, in the end,that hate will turn on you. And, that same hate will destroy you."
--Reverend Will Dexter, Babylon 5, "And, the Rock Cried Out 'No Hiding Place.'"
Because, in the end, Nex Benedict was one of us.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: 40K Lore Question

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

If the Gothic War is the same one played in Battlefleet Gothic, then Goge Vandire's Reign of Blood (I think that's what it's called) is long before that - Vandire was, IIRC, M36 or so, whereas the Gothic War is solidly in M41.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 2024-06-24 05:28pm If the Gothic War is the same one played in Battlefleet Gothic, then Goge Vandire's Reign of Blood (I think that's what it's called) is long before that - Vandire was, IIRC, M36 or so, whereas the Gothic War is solidly in M41.
Yeah I've not heard of another Gothic War at least so yeah the Reign of Blood would have been Millennia before the Gothic War.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
WillDexter
Padawan Learner

Post by WillDexter »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 2024-06-24 05:28pm If the Gothic War is the same one played in Battlefleet Gothic, then Goge Vandire's Reign of Blood (I think that's what it's called) is long before that - Vandire was, IIRC, M36 or so, whereas the Gothic War is solidly in M41.
Cool. Thanks, bud. Yeah, the Gothic War/12th Black Crusade is the same as from BFG:Armada, in the 1second cenrury of M41.

This helps greatly in establishing the alternate history for my fiction.

"The enemy is fear. The enemy is ignorance. The enemy is the one who says you must hate that which is different.
For, in the end,that hate will turn on you. And, that same hate will destroy you."
WillDexter
Padawan Learner

Post by WillDexter »

Lord Revan wrote: 2024-06-25 12:07am
Yeah I've not heard of another Gothic War at least so yeah the Reign of Blood would have been Millennia before the Gothic War.
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

No worries, glad to be of help.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.