SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

As for what's know, anyone with a space-program knows what's going on, it's damn easy to mount a two pound flash-detector on even a GEO bird, a Nuclear weapon is a hard thing to miss going off from space.

So if you have a space-program and 10k laying around you too can know when a nuke goes off anywhere inside the area the land-mass.

As for the BBC/Shroomsat, say hello to my jack-booted stormtroopers. Luckly since Sheppard tried to nuke a convoy instead of a land-target the only people to see are either in the convoy, in SAC or dead. The convoy was to far from land for the initiations to be seen except perhaps in Terra Libertia itself, and at that distance it'd look like nothing that bad.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

I'd like to propose working in "phases"; such as:

Today Initial Discovery Phase, Reactions, Blue Touch Paper being ignited

Tomorrow Retalitation and Counter retalitation, etc

Day After Tomorrow: Aftermath; dig out of shelters, etc.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

In keeping with today I declare that today is December 31st 2010, per the time slow-down we are on Eastern Standard time and that it will resume normal speed on Tuesday. Now we are going 1 to 1.

Today SHOULD have been December 29th-Janurary 10th, but because of the threat of Nuclear war it's now just December 31st.
KRONOS HAS SPOKEN
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-06-01 11:49pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fuck. Bean, can my people receive the satellite readings?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fuck. Bean, can my people receive the satellite readings?
See upcoming jack-booted stormtroopers.
Technically the FUN won't know since Stas used his GLADOS satellites for target practice for SPIRAL but I won't NOT inform Stas and by extension FUN.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Mr Bean wrote:
Technically the FUN won't know since Stas used his GLADOS satellites for target practice for SPIRAL but I won't NOT inform Stas and by extension FUN.
Bean, does the last few years of funding I gave still count for something in that *wink* satellite.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
Bean, does the last few years of funding I gave still count for something in that *wink* satellite.
They were due to go up this coming year(You never said what kind of satellites you wanted in orbit), all my HISCO's, my GPS's and the weather satellites have various detectors built onto them.

I will be informing various people in an upcoming post.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

But we DO have our own people watching the ShroomSats, right? I can't believe that the sat uplinks are manned entirely by Blackadders and Baldricks.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

ProTec's airplanes have been grounded so they don't get shot down. THey are mostly in Alexandria, Indhopal, Western Neverhood, and neutral nations like the FUN in that order. Who knows, they may be very important to any relief effort.

Edit: they are also being dispersed to the smallest airfields possible just in case.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-06-01 10:51am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:I will be informing various people in an upcoming post.
I already told you, Stas, Shroom and PeZook. Obviously everyone in the MESS knows as well. IRT suspects too.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

And us little guys are gonna be the last to know. :cry:
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

DarthShady wrote:And us little guys are gonna be the last to know. :cry:
True, but not by much. I assume our FUN Friends Shroom and PeZook told us as soon as they found out.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

RogueIce wrote:I already told you, Stas, Shroom and PeZook. Obviously everyone in the MESS knows as well. IRT suspects too.
We put nuclear event detectors on every one of the satellites we've launched.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:And us little guys are gonna be the last to know. :cry:
Well no, but we're trying to tell the heads of everyone and let them sort it out.

Which means Phong you can retcon the IRT getting a notice too. I'll edit that in.

Remember, aside from those who were notified and/or have their own means of detection, you don't know exactly what's happened. Now given the obvious signs of civil defense evacuations and military alerts throughout the MESS, IRT, and it looks like the UKB to a degree, people are going to know something big has happened. But exactly what is not known, at least to the general public.

I of course hope the governments will not make a public general announcement at this time, and so far nobody has. Until then though, nobody knows of the nuclear attack on TF-23 (except for informed national leaders and government officials) although everyone knows something big just happened.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:But we DO have our own people watching the ShroomSats, right? I can't believe that the sat uplinks are manned entirely by Blackadders and Baldricks.
Shroom-Sat is a civilian company, I had a Company of Gurkha's in your country to train with the Mushroom marines a few weeks ago(Remember?) They are not guard at all except by rent-a-cops just like the BBC. I took the highly illegal option of using my heavily armed Commando's to simply take the building by force. I don't have time to write up a "storming the building against rent-a-cops" rest assured flash-bangs were used. It's only a temporary thing however.

What I've done is shut down most of the world's media for the next two hours for the message to get to all world leaders and a response be crafted.

Rather than "OMG WE'S ALL GONA DIE"
More like "Hey umm.. It's surprise Nuclear fall-out test day!"
Then get em in the bunkers "Oh by the way, this is not test, 4-reals, stay" It's harder to have a panic when your already in your fallout bunker. :wink:

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

So here's a sumination. Purpose built Jammers have shut down regular broadcast media in the Lonestar republic and Tian Xia. Satellite television is unaffected. Only the IRT and Beowulf's News agency's are unaffected, but unless they were dicks they won't break the news story either.

As far as the world knows, Shroom-Sat shut down for a "satellite test" except someone screwed up and all the satellites are testing at once, that's what the BBC is saying and informing people that we are very sorry in LSR but we had to do the test at least once a year. It will be over in two hours, don't worry.

Two hours, two hours two hours.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Not going to do anything right now; just sitting back to let people get a chance to move in and get a chance to get a grip on what's going on. By the way, I'm very disappointed, all the good TV channels on my E-4B are down, even the All Hitler, All the Hitler Time Channel. :evil:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Wait, if this is roughly the end of the year ... yes! OTH Phase I is done :mrgreen:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ok, I started the teleconference. I'll presume everyone I sent a message to is there. Additionally, I'm sure the FUN brought the rest of their national leaders in on it via audiofeeds, but I don't have enough screens to show you all. :)

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Bean, the EAS Transmitters are still blasting over some of your jamming, they were designed to be used in a post-nukular holocaust don't you know.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Hmmm, how long ago was Saddamistan's attack on TL again? That's when I started my crash program of shelter building.

EDIT: Damn, 09 May, less than a year.

So if I were serious about it, which I was, is 2000 reasonable? Underestimating? What?

PeZook, since it's your design I'm calling on you! :P
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-06-01 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mr Bean wrote: Shroom-Sat is a civilian company, I had a Company of Gurkha's in your country to train with the Mushroom marines a few weeks ago(Remember?)
No :P

(seriously, what?)
They are not guard at all except by rent-a-cops just like the BBC. I took the highly illegal option of using my heavily armed Commando's to simply take the building by force. I don't have time to write up a "storming the building against rent-a-cops" rest assured flash-bangs were used. It's only a temporary thing however.
So THAT is your jack-booted stormtroopers thinggy! Good move! :D
What I've done is shut down most of the world's media for the next two hours for the message to get to all world leaders and a response be crafted.

Rather than "OMG WE'S ALL GONA DIE"
More like "Hey umm.. It's surprise Nuclear fall-out test day!"
Then get em in the bunkers "Oh by the way, this is not test, 4-reals, stay" It's harder to have a panic when your already in your fallout bunker. :wink:
Excellent. That is excellent foresight. A good thing that I didn't panic too much while heading for Shroom Force One :P

Good to see that at least one of us has a level head :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Jesus! Goddamn you all!

I decide to have a life this weekend, thinking "Hey, what could happen?"

And now this. JESUS.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lonestar wrote:Bean, the EAS Transmitters are still blasting over some of your jamming, they were designed to be used in a post-nukular holocaust don't you know.
These are SOVIET jammers friend, I have power to spend. (Also Birds flying within fifty meter of this thing will cook themselves) Until you let the EAS start broadcasting on military frequencies(Which I won't touch and cilivan TV's can't pick up) I can modulate and scatter. This is technology which was perfected thirty years ago to block out Voice of America, Radio-Free Israeli and other such programs.

Thats said, cable TV will still work fine, I'm doing this to stifle the civilian media while various governments get their shit togther, and get official statements out to the public. The WMS(Wartime Media Suppression Unit) is going to be monitoring TNS broadcasts and moving jamming around to match.

The last thing we need is a Nova Terra Shawn Hannity break down on air-screaming were all gonna diiie and thus cause a civilian panic.

OAN:RougeIce the Terra Libertia Straits Incident was ten months ago.
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-06-01 11:55am, edited 2 times in total.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote:Jesus! Goddamn you all!

I decide to have a life this weekend, thinking "Hey, what could happen?"

And now this. JESUS.
What is....life?Image
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."