SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hey Imperial. You're the Cernans, right? You've got ECR's robot octopi poking you- have you talked to him yet?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...man I really started something with this base didn't I? :lol:

I just need to think up more ideas like this and the game will be more fun! Now then...time to think up a post for it...

EDIT: And maybe we could change the map now since this thing is expanding way more than I thought it would...the question would be what color to make it? Light blue like Arcadia? Rainbow since everyone in the area is using it? Of course thats assuming this justifies changing it...
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

And now even the Bees are joining in.

And maybe just put a symbol there like the one sector micropolities, hmmm, what would be a good symbol for Clusterfuck Station...
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Bee trade ships tend to be wombling around most places. Everyone loves honey.

Also, Clusterfuck Station is now this thing's name. Such has it been decreed.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Why do I suddenly get a bad feeling about this?

Nah...its probably nothing.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm not picking out the symbol for this one.

Also bear in mind that there will be other things in the sector- it's big, there are probably inhabited planets, minor alien races, temporo-spatial anomalies, whatever. A sector can be a big place- think of this as Deep Space Nine and its immediate environs, only with more lunacy and catgirls.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I was already in the process of writing up a space pirate who haunts the sector to give the various delegates something to argue over who gets to shoot them.

And then we've got the Covenant possibly doing stuff....

Let's just hope that Arcadian Sisko is up to the job!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

...Arcadian Sisko? Well, I suppose DS9 is a good analogy for this. Now to think up a symbol...something that shows how bad things could be...I'm sure something will come to mind.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Kierger: "What's this about some base in the middle of who knows where? Should I be worried? ...Maybe not."
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I got a symbol idea...Alliance Starbird.

While the Rebels hardly failed...they did use the same symbol for the New Republic. And I think we can all agree how that government went. And considering the name that seems to be popular...well, I think this symbol works. Any other suggestions?
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Force Lord wrote:Kierger: "What's this about some base in the middle of who knows where? Should I be worried? ...Maybe not."
If only you had some kind of completly reliable stealth ship to send over to keep an eye on people and not make any diploamtic incidents at all by alerting like 2/3's of the anti-CENTERN pact that the Centrality was there.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Hey, Shinn is in on this too...so he would be alerting all of the Anti-Cenintern Pact nations! :P

So not only to we have to worry about the kitties and Space Greeks, but we have to keep an eye out for stealth ships. Yep...Arcadian Sisko has his work cut out for him.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Proposed command staff for Clusterfuck Station/Deep Space Norsk:

Arcadian Sisko: The most badass naval officer in Arcadia, and the only man who could possibly keep this thing running.

Furling Dax: Because that makes sense as his second in command for this kind of station.

Bashir: Secretly an Umerian designer baby/super soldier who ran away and signed on with Arcadia for various reasons and so signed on to the operation furthest from Umeria to hide more.

I start to run out of ideas at this point, beyond the Worf equivalant obviously being Chamarran.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

You forgot about definitely-not-Garak, the scheming Space Greek clothing merchant. Now with 100% more horsehair hat crests and loinclothes!
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

And now we need a Defiant equivalent...hmm...I don't have a ship design that fits that yet. Needs to be really powerful but small...*lightbulb goes off*

I'll just rip yet more stuff from Stargate...the Bilskirnir class cruiser to be specific. I'll need to shrink it, since 1.4 kilometers is hardly small, but that shouldn't be that difficult. Or I could just keep it at full size...that would work too. I'll need to think on that, and how many points it would be worth...

*goes off to think about ARS Trotsiga (Google-fu tellls me that is Defiant in Swedish)*

EDIT: Yeah, you can have the berth Karmic...now this base needs to be expanded. DS9 won't be the best analogy size wise, thats for sure. And I wonder how many more people will want in on this...in any case, I'll start working on diplomatic replies later today. It will just be one big post though, since I would have to do like what...6 or so replies otherwise?
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

We could just scale the DS9 design up, or we could ask the great and mighty Hellenic engineers to build us (Greek Equivalent to Babylon) 5 next door to accomidate the extra people.

Also, isn't one of your ships already designed after the Normandy Skywalker? That'd make a coold Defiant type ship.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yep, that would be the Musai class cruiser. Which we already have that as the flagship of the P-23 Fleet (until we get a better name for it). The problem is, Defiant (in universe) is a ship that is equivalent to the battleships of the time (namely the Galaxy class). The Musai is very strong for a cruiser at 160 points, but hardly a battlewagon. Which is why the Bilskirnir is up for use. Plus, the Defiant is supposed to be the prototype of a discontinued design, and one of my battleships is based off the O'Neill class from Stargate, which is the succesor to the Bilskirnir...which would make the latter a failed design in this game.

In other words, if we are going for the DS9 motiff, might as well go all out. :D
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Ahem.

[Modhat on]

Karmic Knight, as noted you have the berth. Unfortunately, there has been an ambiguity in MultiGlobal Inc. ZLC.'s request. On the one hand, they ask for a volume in the shape of a cube, one hundred meters on a side. On the other, they ask for a volume of one hundred cubic meters, which is rather smaller. Orders of magnitude so.

This lends itself further to humor.

Therefore, I hereby propose that young Skywalker allocate you the berthing space in whatever form he deems most comical and appropriate. Options include, but are not limited to:

-A cube that is merely much smaller than expected, being only 4.64 meters on a side (cube root of 100)
-A berth that is 100 meters long, one meter long, and one meter wide.
-A cube that (somehow!) appears to be 4.64 meters on a side outside but is actually 100 meters on a side inside.
-A cube that (somehow!) appears to be 4.64 meters on a side inside but is actually 100 meters on a side outside.
-Other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

:twisted:

[modhat off]

Of course, this is just a proposal. :D
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Oh man...thanks for the idea Simon...now then, to think up which works best. This is going to be fun :twisted:

(And for future refference...anyone else requesting a berth make sure you get the right size...or you might regret it...)
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Oh man...thanks for the idea Simon...now then, to think up which works best. This is going to be fun :twisted:
Do let me know, because when I write the tortuous experience of the people who fucked up enough to be exiled to Clusterfuck Station, I want to be accurate.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

As much as it is an apt descriptor, can we not outright call it clusterfuck station? I mean, how in the name of the seven hells are you going to justify them naming it that from an in universe perspective without us dragging shroomy in to write the role?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I wasn't calling it that. At the moment, Arcadia just calls it the P-23 Outpost. An actual name is still in the works...though I do like Deep Space Norsk as Omega called it. Or something similar to that.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

I think 'Clusterfuck Station' is just the current unoffical working name (And possibly in universe nickname) while Skywalker works on what he actually wants to call it.

Who knows which name will stick though, we might end up with a Huey situation!
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

A what now?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

The Huey of Vietnam fame wasn't actually called that by the military. It was the Iroqouis (sp?), but the Huey name is what stuck.