SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Who plays Soccer with Byzantium next? Note that the Greeks and Turks love Soccer and it is big in Byzantium.
It's big in PeZookia, to! We can negotiate with people to get Byzantium and PeZookia into the finals and have a clash of the titans!!! :D

Or not. Whatever suits your fancy ;)
Well, that depends how many soccer teams there are? :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I'm just assuming everyone sent one team apiece for each event, if no one makes an effort to specifically mention their teams doing anything I might make a brief comment that they're there and just go on the assumption that they perfromed 'average'.

In the end, unless there's any objection (and if you're willing to trust e) I was thinking of giving out gold, silver and bronze based on dice rolls, with some +1 or +2 advantages to some rolls for events in which I think certaion nationals would excel. For example, I'm giving extra points to, say, Bear Republic for Archery; and to Shroomania for beach volleyball.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coyote wrote: In the end, unless there's any objection (and if you're willing to trust e) I was thinking of giving out gold, silver and bronze based on dice rolls, with some +1 or +2 advantages to some rolls for events in which I think certaion nationals would excel. For example, I'm giving extra points to, say, Bear Republic for Archery; and to Shroomania for beach volleyball.
I agree with that ; It will be faster than individually negotiating losses and wins with everybody, like we did with Mangka. And pretty fair :)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Of course, I had to post ROCKY IV.

Hey, PeZook, could SOFIA Director John Baylor contact your RIS men in Coilburg to find out a way to ruin this Real Rocker shit? :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So it looks like the FUN will be welcomed to CROSSHAIRS '11, whenever, whatever, and wherever it ultimately is. :)

One caveat though: you gotta leave the calendars at home, Shroom. We try to maintain some level of decorum in our military forces. :P

Remember, in the MESS, military training is srs bsns. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We'll just have our submarines surface and have our sailors dance atop it to the music of In the Navy... :lol:
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:We'll just have our submarines surface and have our sailors dance atop it to the music of In the Navy... :lol:
Ah... Target practice for our Marines. :twisted:
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Of course, I had to post ROCKY IV.

Hey, PeZook, could SOFIA Director John Baylor contact your RIS men in Coilburg to find out a way to ruin this Real Rocker shit? :)
I currently have no real RIS presence in Coilerburg ; The embassy is just being built, after all, and Kulinsky had just started assembling his residenture.

And, of course, the Real Rockers have not been in the crosshairs of the RIS untill now. Naturally...now that you have that Real Rocker guy with you, it's just a matter of interrogating him and getting the name of that Lonestar DJ.

Then the Lonestarians bag him and it's over :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

A lot of FUN things has happened since i last checked the game... :D

Stas, thank you. I like the name.

Roque, since we are doing the whole you train my guys thing( :) ), can my special forces guys(The Black Hand) train with your special forces dudes? They need experience.

And dudes my soccer team will KICK YOUR ASSES!!! :lol:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:Roque, since we are doing the whole you train my guys thing( :) ), can my special forces guys(The Black Hand) train with your special forces dudes? They need experience.
Sure thing. And that's a G in my name, not a Q. :wink:

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Roque, since we are doing the whole you train my guys thing( :) ), can my special forces guys(The Black Hand) train with your special forces dudes? They need experience.
Sure thing. And that's a G in my name, not a Q. :wink:
Ups. :oops:

Sorry, i'm tired and in need of sleep.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hay! You could've bought MY F-18s! :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT:

And TOP GUN! :cry:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hey the only reason we have such good archery teams is that we make a remake of Robin Hood every couple of years, not to mention Rambo, Those Good Ol Boys, etc.

now if only you had an event for coreographed gun-fu.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce: Just how much do those F-100 frigates displace?

Also, if no one objects, given that I spent about 5-7 billion a year on shipyard expansion (out of the funds about 20billion a year that I allocated to the Ministry of Trade and Development), have 2 drydocks for aircraft carriers (up from the original 1 I had when I started) and since I started out stating that I wanted Shipbuilding to be a major industry, I will state my shipyard capacity should be about the size of the upper end of a Tsardom or slightly larger. So say I have approximately 1500 DWT. I should hit 1800-2000DWT assuming there's enough orders to saturate my yards.

Should be more than enough for my needs, and allocate some to ICSA. Currently, I am building 5 WCT and 5 4000 TEU vessels for Constantinople Shipping, and 5 F-100 frigates, and 13 corvettes. There ought to be about 10-20 drydocks of varying size at Athens and Nicae and Trepizond and Antioch to accomodate ICSA orders.

EDIT: Note also that there are probably some other drydocks not used, because these have to be allocated for the occasional ship repairs etc. Note also that the orders are for this year. The 5 frigates are expected to complete by June-July and will make way for another 5.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-10 10:18pm, edited 3 times in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

F100 displaces 6250 tons full load.

Also, for those of you who were selling me the Halifaxes, is that deal still on?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

phongn wrote:F100 displaces 6250 tons full load.

Also, for those of you who were selling me the Halifaxes, is that deal still on?
How many was it again? 4-6?
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I was hoping to purchase eight from Bean, four from you, for $50M each. If you're willing to sell more, I'll buy more.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

phongn wrote:I was hoping to purchase eight from Bean, four from you, for $50M each. If you're willing to sell more, I'll buy more.
Ok, at this stage, I'm willing to let go 4 for now. I might sell more later when I start replacing the frigates with newer F-100. Also, I might retain some Halifaxes to be reduced to ASW roles only.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just a random thought/proposition: in this world it seems that the great majority of players are very interested in peace and even one of the major "rogue nations,' Sadaamistan, stays pretty much to itself. When war does loom, it promises to be a nuclear affair. Looks like no real conventional conflicts are possible, unless some minor state becomes obnoxious enough to be invaded. I've got all these contingency plans but they will likely never see use.

What we need is a nazi continent to attack! ( I kid. Or more seriously a major international peacekeeping operation somewhere.)

Eh, enough commentary for now. Maybe I'll ProTec involved in some sort of serious shit.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Actually, I'm thinking of... something. Heh.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I've got all these contingency plans but they will likely never see use.
Annoy someone big long enough and they will crush you like a bug... if that's what you want :lol:

But you are correct, conventional war is unlikely between equal opponents. Too draining for such small economies. Only large aglomerates can risk such a war, and only against a single adversary.

Coyote, if you are thinking about a large offensive in Neverhood... :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

And the ISCA family grows.

I know Wilkonia comitted 750 thousand DWT. How much capacity can we count on from Byzantium? I estimate around 500 thousand, going off the figure of 10-20 dry docks.

Also, are you guys going to chip in to the ISCA fund? We'll use to money to design new boats, and re-invest them into smaller nation's shipyards.

To all ISCA: What do you think we should R&D now? We have the entire nuclear series done and ready to produce ; The FCS-A is also done.

How about undersea habitats and/or research submarines?

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sure, we can do that.

How about sea-based space launch systems?

Or tender ships for our navies?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sure, we can do that.

How about sea-based space launch systems?
That's something to consider ; Also, off-shore drilling platforms!
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Or tender ships for our navies?
I'd rather avoid building warships with the ISCA. They're about sea commerce, the coast guard cutters and heli tender FCS are dangerously close to killing tools as it is (The large cutter is almost a small frigate without any missiles).

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hay! You could've bought MY F-18s! :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT:

And TOP GUN! :cry:
Sorry dude. Maybe i can buy some more from you, whats the price?

Stas i want some SCUDS.
To all ISCA: What do you think we should R&D now? We have the entire nuclear series done and ready to produce ; The FCS-A is also done.

How about undersea habitats and/or research submarines?
Undersea habitats sound great to me.