Would you consider posing as a messiah?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Yea or nay?

Sure, those suckers were waiting to get ripped off by someone, sometime.
52%
Most of the people I'd be receiving donations from would be dirt poor. I'm not cool with that.
48%

Total votes: 61

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I'd do the Messiah route, sure.

However, prices would be based on income level.

Don't fleece the poor people to the point they are even poorer, as that attracts negative media attention

Fleece the rich instead. They have more money and people like seeing them burned on occasion.
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

Hmmm

Considering how often it happens in pagan groups...

I have much to work to do... :twisted:
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

Elaro wrote:
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:
Just like how telling a guy you'll give him a hundred bucks then shooting him in the knees when he reaches out his hand is a good lesson in not trusting anyone! Hells yeah!

Or stealing peoples' credit cards to teach them a lesson in financial security!

Or robbing people who leave the doors to their houses unlocked!

What an amazing lesson! Sociopathic exploitation and abuse of peoples' emotions is totally moral, right?
Unless you gave the money back at the end of the year.
Are you sure you didn't quote the wrong post, Elaro? :shock:
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

I don't feel comfortable with the possibility of nations committing genocide and other atrocities in my name a thousand years hence based on a heavily misinterpreted and politicized distortion of something I said or posted offhand nearly without thinking. Such a thing is abomination in my eyes.
Image Image