[Discussion] Voting majorities

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I cast my vote in favor of Senator Wilkens' new legislation about voting procedures.

In addition to my support, I'd like to ammend Senator Wilkens' proposed bill to include a provision for redoing the plumbing for the Senate washroom. The discharge pipe will now flow to the ceiling of the Hall of Shame, allowing us to more efficienctly and comfortably shit on the plebes.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Also, how about this:

In votong to ban a member: if there is a supermajority, the ban takes place forthwith.

If a supermajority is not present, but there is a majority, then the punishment automatically reverts to "Village Idiot" with a loss of Sig privileges.

If there is no majority, then no action is taken. However, the fact that the issue was taken up for consideration in the Senate should be considered a warning.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

If we're gonna add that language in I'd like to do it as a seperate vote mostly because I am officially leery of trying to change procedures and rules by more than a tiny bit at a time.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven