Jon Stewart @ Columbia, Md

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lancer
Sith Marauder

Jon Stewart @ Columbia, Md

Post by Lancer »

Just heard this on the radio earlier today (grr, really short notice) and I bought tickets right away.

Jon Stewart's got a show on Saturday at the Merriweather Post Pavillion on Saturday, Sept 16th. Anybody else in the area going?

linky: http://www.merriweathermusic.com/
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I might be, depending on how much the tickets cost. I'll check prices and get back to you.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Infidel7
Youngling

Post by Infidel7 »

Not there, but I've heard the daily show is coming to Columbus, OH for the elections this November. Something about us being in a very heated gubenatorial and house race.
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil—you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself. –Dan Barker
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Awesome,

I work literally 200yds from where it will be and damn if I am not going.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I might go, but $50 (at Ticketmaster) for "general admission lawn," which probably means standing room only, seems a bit steep.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Discombobulated wrote:I might go, but $50 (at Ticketmaster) for "general admission lawn," which probably means standing room only, seems a bit steep.
No the lawn really does mean lawn unless its incredibly sold out. Usually even for well attended concerts you can spread out a blanket.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Infidel7 wrote:Not there, but I've heard the daily show is coming to Columbus, OH for the elections this November. Something about us being in a very heated gubenatorial and house race.
Fuck yes! Hey, what side do you live on? I'm northside, south of Worthington.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Infidel7
Youngling

Post by Infidel7 »

Originally from Upper Arlington (NW Columbus) you've probably heard of us and hate us. :wink: I'll be on south campus this fall though, starting school at The Ohio State University.

I am hoping I can get tickets to the show. I think you have to send an e-mail or something. *crosses fingers that they aren't already gone*
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil—you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself. –Dan Barker
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

*bumpage*

So, who else is going?