Ever been shot with a b-b gun

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

HemlockGrey wrote:
Well, I know that you were filming some kind of war film, or something, but I must ask:

Why did you guys decide to use bb guns and actually shoot at each other?

And how old are you, by the way?
And why do you have to throw in these sanctimonious dripping-with-contempt lines every now and then? Give the man the fucking benefit of the doubt.
Sorry. It sounded at first like they were doing it on purpose for realism or some shit like that. My mistake, and I retract my harsh comments. I don't usually give the benefit of the doubt to people, because I don't have much trust in others.

The closest I've ever been to getting hit with a bb was getting hit in the head by a fist-sized thrown rock when I was about nine...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Nathan F wrote: I remember hearing about these kids riding around one city a while back that had a high powered (as in one of the professional ones that can knock a man down) paintball gun. They had loaded it with blood-red paintballs, and were driving around shooting pedestrians (young, old, in between), homeless people, and anything that looked like a target, such as other cars. Numerous people went to the hospital because they had thought they had actually been shot. These kids had been filming it all, too, and they were laughing and joking like it was the best thing in the world.

I was sitting here watching the film thinking, 'You sick little bastards, I hope that you sit in jail for about 50 years for this...damn morons.'
They did not have a paintgun that can knock a man down, no paintgun can do that, professional or not. I saw the video, and the punks where jack ass' no doubt about it. At the end of the film you even see the cop car pull up behind them. Im sure some of the people they shot, who where not familar with paintguns where scared shitless, but red paint doesnt even come close to looking like blood. You have to be pretty panicked to think so.

I dont remember what they got as punishment, but their lawyer filmed them being shot at close range so they could "understand" what they had done. Because kids like this do damage to the sport of paintball, Id be happy with a very severe punishment. Especially in light of the video. This was not a couple of kids shooting a stop sign.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Sorry. It sounded at first like they were doing it on purpose for realism or some shit like that.
...hmm, that's an interesting idea...
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
HemlockGrey wrote:
Well, I know that you were filming some kind of war film, or something, but I must ask:

Why did you guys decide to use bb guns and actually shoot at each other?

And how old are you, by the way?
And why do you have to throw in these sanctimonious dripping-with-contempt lines every now and then? Give the man the fucking benefit of the doubt.
Sorry. It sounded at first like they were doing it on purpose for realism or some shit like that. My mistake, and I retract my harsh comments. I don't usually give the benefit of the doubt to people, because I don't have much trust in others.

The closest I've ever been to getting hit with a bb was getting hit in the head by a fist-sized thrown rock when I was about nine...
we weren't shooting each other for realism. Although at first they thought that i was acting like I had been hit
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I remember a class trip in junior high when some guys brought BB guns with all kinds of ammo balls, I got shot by a light ball which stung and hurt for 2 or 3 seconds, a guy got shot on his glasses by a heavy ball and it shattered his glasses, good thing the fragments didn't cause much harm.

IIRC we tried to shoot a can of soda 20 steps away with those heavy balls and it began to leak after 2 or 3 shots.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: Those assholes!!

At least we stayed in doors and aimed at each other's hands and feet...
Don't aim for hands. Back about seven years ago I think my friend and I were out playing in the woods in front of my house with his two pellet guns. Anyway long story short, I ended up getting shot in my right index finger. It was a hunting pellet not a BB so the pellet lodged itself in the joint over my knuckle and would not come out. I went to the emergency room and after theys hot me full of novocaine they stuck tweezers down the entrance hole (behind the knuckle in front of the one it was lodged in) grabbed the fucking thing and pulled it out. It fucking HURT.
Slowhand
Redshirt
Location: Sitting atop Victor's rack. That's good vibrations!

Post by Slowhand »

My friends anf I would play cops and robbers on our respective farms with BB and pellet guns. Pellets cause much more pain and it was our considered opinion that the "robbers" would use the pellet guns because the bad guys' weapons are always better than standard issue police service weapons.

Yea, it hurt. It sucks to be shot. But it blanced out when you would riccochet a BB of a friend's shin bone. *cackles gleefully!*
Once it was known as the Codeine Hippo, but so as not to influence a legion of teenage fans, it was renamed the Cosmic Hippo. Most often seen flying through the depths of space, to catch one is to be near the Flecktones themselves.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Update. Went to the Hospital. Turns out the BB was still in me. They took x-rays and saw that it was stuck in the soft tissue. They decided to leave it in because it is hard to remove something like that.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Yeah, I got shot in the ass. Bounced off but it hurt like hell. Stupid Daisies...
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I used to shoot BBs at stuff against a wall in this garage. One BB riccocheted off the wall and hit me in the toe. Hurt a little, nothing major.

But it must've been one strong BB to bounce off and hit me like that. They were metal BBs too.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Ever been shot with a b-b gun

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Agent Fisher wrote:So has any one else been shot before?
Many times, doesn't hurt that bad, unless one happened to get in the way of my BB pistol, godamn thing shot right through the door of an old rusty Dodge.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Aren't the metal pellets made out of lead?

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Pu-239 wrote:Aren't the metal pellets made out of lead?
The one that hit me was a lead pellet I guess.
What's her bust size!?

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I use to play war games in the local parks & forest with bb guns when I was younger. We'd use plastic practice pellets with our guns though, but it still stung when you got shot on bare skin. I got shot right between the eyes once and had one of those "Paki dots" for a few days.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

I got shot once, a BB richocheted off of something, and hit me in the face from about 10 ft away. Didn't penetrate, but really stung.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Generally, but the risk of lead poisoning isn't significant unless ones lodged underyou skin for some time.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Ah yes, twice. Both times at my cousin's fine establishment up north. Both times were in the torso, and didn't do any significant damage, but they sure hurt like a bitch.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Generally, but the risk of lead poisoning isn't significant unless ones lodged underyou skin for some time.
Well then I am fucked. The ER docs decided to leave the BB in because it would be too bloody and messy to try and bring it out.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Kyle wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote: Those assholes!!

At least we stayed in doors and aimed at each other's hands and feet...
Don't aim for hands. Back about seven years ago I think my friend and I were out playing in the woods in front of my house with his two pellet guns. Anyway long story short, I ended up getting shot in my right index finger. It was a hunting pellet not a BB so the pellet lodged itself in the joint over my knuckle and would not come out. I went to the emergency room and after theys hot me full of novocaine they stuck tweezers down the entrance hole (behind the knuckle in front of the one it was lodged in) grabbed the fucking thing and pulled it out. It fucking HURT.
Ouch... ouch....

Hmm*note to self, never shoot anyone with a hunting pellet, or metal bbs
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Agent Fisher wrote:Well then I am fucked. The ER docs decided to leave the BB in because it would be too bloody and messy to try and bring it out.
Do they know it's made of lead?
What's her bust size!?

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Agent Fisher wrote:
Well then I am fucked. The ER docs decided to leave the BB in because it would be too bloody and messy to try and bring it out.
Wait, its pullets from a pellet gun, which are sometimes lead, metal BB's from a BB gun are not. There steel. You'll be fine unless it gets into an artery and reaches a joint, but if that was going to happen it already would have. So dont worry about it.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:
Wait, its pullets from a pellet gun, which are sometimes lead, metal BB's from a BB gun are not. There steel. You'll be fine unless it gets into an artery and reaches a joint, but if that was going to happen it already would have. So dont worry about it.
Thanks I thought I was screwed.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Ever been shot with a b-b gun

Post by Alyeska »

Agent Fisher wrote:So has any one else been shot before?
Yeah, I shot myself in the hand with a BB at pointblank range with the rifle being fully charged. I have permanent nerve damage on part of my hand and when I press on the scar it makes my middle finger hurt like hell.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Agent Fisher wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:
Thanks I thought I was screwed.
I wonder what would happen if you put a speaker magnet up to your chest??
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:I wonder what would happen if you put a speaker magnet up to your chest??
I can no longer have a MRI because it would shift the BB around and it might damage something.

A MRI uses powerful magnets to scan the body.