SDN SN

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Frank Hipper- Americanised Franz von Hipper, my avatar.

Overfiend of the Superego- Corruption of a description of a Frank Herbert entity from the novel "The Jesus Incident", Overmind of the Superego.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: SDN SN

Post by His Divine Shadow »

CrimsonRaine wrote:That stands for StarDestroyer.net Screen names. I look around on boards sometimes and just wonder, "I wonder why they picked that name." Some I do, some I don't.
Well, I think I shall keep you wondering.

Assuming you did that to begin with ofcourse, and if you didn't, you'll hurt my feelings.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

There's an ancient MUD called LambdaMOO. A girl I knew some years ago prodded me onto it. I cycled through a number of screen names there as interest came and went in it, but that's not where I got my current name.

There was stories in the RPG section of the MUD of a thing called the "Lagmonster" and it was essentially the ultimate creature (really it was just players dying in the game due to lagging out, so they blamed it on a non-existant creature).

Anyway, at the time I thought it was tremendous comedy and, later on, seeing the number of players in online gaming complaining about dying due to 'lag', it seemed the perfect compliment. I became well enough known under the handle that I kept it for recognition's sake (although the novelty has long since worn off).

I use the handle 'Queue' elsewhere.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Pretty straight forward. I'm a fan of SW and MST3K. Can't you just see our little hoverskirted friend (who's arms don't work) swinging a lightsaber around? :D
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

I had been reading Starcrossed, and I wanted to sign up and comment. I happened to have my Thrawn Duology books along (SPectre of the Past, Vision of the Future), and I found the passage detailing Thrawn's full name. I typed it in, and a month later I could almost type it to login without having to refer to an old post I had made under that name.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

I came to this site when I was REALLY into Godzilla. This, combined with by Star Wars facination, made my decison. I've also considered Polimex and Lord of the Band-Aids.
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN SN

Post by PainRack »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:That stands for StarDestroyer.net Screen names. I look around on boards sometimes and just wonder, "I wonder why they picked that name." Some I do, some I don't.
Well, I think I shall keep you wondering.

Assuming you did that to begin with ofcourse, and if you didn't, you'll hurt my feelings.
Ooh, ooh, can I tell???!!!! I remember recording that show so as to drool over it the next day. :oops: Too bad the movies were just too..... riscue to be shown here :evil:

Contary to what many think, I am not a sadist. The name orginates from a province I created in Utopia. I wanted something that was btech, yet fit in the Utopia universe and planet names like Outreach, Avalon was taken. So, I analagamated the names of Pain and The Rack, bases for the pirates Morrison Extractors into one.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

"Durran Korr" is just a Jedi-sounding name I had been using on multiplayer Jedi Outcast. I used it to sign up for this forum thinking I wouldn't be posting too much, but I was wrong. In hindsight I wish I had picked something else, because it sounds kind of silly; I'm thinking of switching to "Joe," if Mike would change it for me.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.