Kill Bill (possbile spoilers)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Montcalm wrote:Did anyone see the entertainment news apparently The Texas Chainsaw Massacre kicked Kill Bill to second place this week-end. :?
Yeah, but it's TCM's first weekend, and it was Kill Bill's second...no surprise there.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Just got back.. HOLY MOTHER OF JOSPEH AND MARY!! SWEEEEEEEET!

A few people griped about the Volume I and II thing, but I was happy.. I had a bad stomachache and barely sat through the film squeezing my ass cheeks together and then making a mad dash to the restroom, and fuck cleaning the toilet seat, just unbuckled and let 'er rip.

Anyways, back to the movie. First, Uma Thurman has these monstrous feet that somehow made me feel more quesy watching than all the blood and limbs. But Uma Thurman CAN look pretty.. sometimes.. when she wants to.

Second, anyone else think that little black girl is her daughter? I mean, at the beginning she was alluding that bill's the father. But the black girl was just too disconcerting and the "Bang, Bang" song's lyrics "he wore black, I wore white.." or something to that effect.

The swordmaker scenes are just TERRIFIC. I mean, he's both serious, a badass, and funny.. and his apprentice as well. There were some great dynamics as the master would constantly get pissed at his laziness, but when it came down to it.. the guy seemed like a complete professional.

The ANIME! YAAAY! Though I felt pity for Lucy Liu's character as opposed to making her a villain. She died inside at an early age. Sad.

That being said.. when Lucy Liu went off on a rampage towards the Yakuza bosses! OMFG WAS THAT SO FUCKING FUNNY!!!

Well, that being said.. Gogo was great.. the Crazy 88's were great. Was the kid that got spanked the guy from MadTV? Oh man, the movie was great. But in all seriousness, yeah.. I felt pity for both Lucy Liu's character and Sophie rather than cheering Uma Thurman on.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

HemlockGrey wrote:Yeah, it appears the Japanese underworld is lagging a few decades behind the Mafia when it comes to their choice of weaponry.

Still, while fully automatic weapons may be cool, katanas are cooler.
I don't know about Japan.. but in Korea the mafia use knives, swords, and about every sort of mannerisms of weapon outside of guns. Guns are extremely difficult to obtain, and EXTREMELY illegal (as in.. prepare to die if you're caught with one).. that's why kids can run around on the streets with realistic BB guns and no one gives a damn. And I'm assuming Japan's laws on crime are probably equal to Korea's where it's just about instant death on everything.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Trytostaydead wrote: Second, anyone else think that little black girl is her daughter? I mean, at the beginning she was alluding that bill's the father. But the black girl was just too disconcerting and the "Bang, Bang" song's lyrics "he wore black, I wore white.." or something to that effect.
IIRC Bill is a white guy and Uma is definately white so the chances of her being her daughter are pretty slim IMO.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

This movie was just plain fun. I went in without very much expectations. I had not seen any previews in the theatre and had only read a paragraph or so in print. Im glad I didnt cause everything was a surprise except for Uma's cool yellow motorcycle suit.

When they showed the 70's "FEATURE PRESENTATION" bit I knew I was in for a treat.

When Vivica Fox fires the gun from the cereal box I jumped out of my seat? Anyone else do that? Seeing children's cereal and a dead women in the same scene carried an emotional punch for me. I was like, that is so wrong.

I felt bad for Lucy Lui's character. She was born from terrible tragedy. Yet, when she cut that fuckers head off for questioning her heritage I cheered inside.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

OMFG THIS FILM IS UBER FUCKING COOL!!!!!

The Shaw Brothers title in the opening almost made me whisper "DAMN!"

The music was fucking cool throughout the film. ESPECIALLY THE SCENE WHERE HANZO GIVES THE BRIDE THAT KATANA.

The fighting action sequences ROCKED. Period

Can't remember how many times something funny suddenly popped out. Gotta see the movie again...:)

The wu-xia feeling of the film and storyline was also expressed here and there. A very good appetite. Fucking long time since I watched a good wu-xia. And mixing it up with Samurais and Westerns....what else could I ask?

Go-go Yubari playing cute was a bit awkward, good thing there wasn't much of it. Her 'cell-phone decor' on sheath was funny. And she kicked fucking ass! Seeing her wear a uniform (And thank god it wasn't a sailor!) using a "shooting star" with that cool expression is fucking eye candy.

The anime was also very, very well done. When I heard of the anime I was preparing to see some bad things I hated about anime. THERE WASN'T!!! The action was done clear and to the point, as well as powerful. Damn the music used was also great. That killer who set the house on fire was fucking awesome! DAMN THEY SHOULD MAKE A WHOLE STORY ABOUT O-REN WITH THAT ANIME!!!

Small disappointment: The Asian colored version wasn't released in Taiwan. Doesn't matter much. Seeing that slaughter in B&W is 100 times better than seeing the Neo vs. 100 Smiths in color.

AND FUCK I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE "REAL" HOMAGE TO THE SHAW BROTHERS IN THE SEQUEL!!!!!!

Edit: Oh and the Green Hornet theme was fucking funny.

The characters written on Hanzo's restaurant is a phrase, literally "Drunk alive, dying in dreams." Roughly used to describe those who live their lives "like" a drunkard. Which was funny to see.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Out of intrest, loads of people bitch about how the "sword" fights in Star Wars are unrealistic and any competant swordsman could have skewered <mister X> straight away.
What about the fights in KB? are they realistic?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

nah ... but who cares ... its an old school ninja movie :)
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

has there ever been a realistic gun fight, no

all of them were sniping, and shots from the back fests, fuck the OK Corral lasted seventeen seconds with five fatalities on the cowboys side. Wich means Wyatt and Co. Shot from suprise.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin