White is the stuff to get
19%
I am to young to drink
10%

Total votes: 21

GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

Call me an uncultured barbarian but I really can't stand the taste of wine. I've always been a spirits drinker, good russian vodka or a nice malt whisky or whiskey. Failing that I'll settle for a good pint of guinness.

Damn now I really want a drink...
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

GonK wrote:Call me an uncultured barbarian
OK. You're an uncultured barbarian :mrgreen: *

And it's not about the wine thing. I agree to an extent. But drinking bourbon? Talk about evil american inventions...

.*Mind you, coming from a rose-drinking heretic that propably loses some of it's sting
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I like red wine. It has more body to it, and it goes in the big, manly glasses, not the thin, girly ones. :D
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

*points at GonK's location*

You're an uncultured barbarian!

*runs and hides behind Hadrian's Wall*
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

innerbrat wrote:*points at GonK's location*

You're an uncultured barbarian!

*runs and hides behind Hadrian's Wall*
And people wonder why Appalachia rednecks are they way they are....

It's the Scots! And the Irish!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

The poll needs an option of "yes, please" or "both".

I burned out on beer a while ago, but I've always dug wine. As a youngin' I'd get into my mom's bottle of Lancer's she always kept in the fridge.

A nice late bottled vintage ruby port is enough to send me into paroxysms of ecstasy.

Warre's Warrior is a cheaper, yet tasty one.
Fonseca Bin #27 is really great.
Taylor Fladgate First Estate Special Reserve is my absolute favorite though. Really outstanding. And all three are about the best wines 15-20$ a bottle will buy, it may seem a bit stiff to you, but they are great!
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Italian family. Red wine all the way. Mmm...lasagna, meatballs, garlic bread, tomato salad, and a nice red wine, followed by rum cake, canoli, and coffee. <drool>

Speaking of food, it looks like I get to make dinner tonight. Will it be cold cereal, a ham sandwich, or shells 'n cheese?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

RedImperator wrote:Italian family. Red wine all the way. Mmm...lasagna, meatballs, garlic bread, tomato salad, and a nice red wine, followed by rum cake, canoli, and coffee. <drool>

Speaking of food, it looks like I get to make dinner tonight. Will it be cold cereal, a ham sandwich, or shells 'n cheese?
Seafood is allways good food.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Faram wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Italian family. Red wine all the way. Mmm...lasagna, meatballs, garlic bread, tomato salad, and a nice red wine, followed by rum cake, canoli, and coffee. <drool>

Seafood is allways good food.
Even if I liked seafood, the list of possible choices above would indicate, I assumed, a certain deficiency in my skills in the kitchen that would preclude anything more complicated than frozen fish sticks, and it's even money odds I'd defrost even them wrong.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I don't drink.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hm, it depends really....
I mostly drink red wines....nothing quite as nice with doritos or nik-naks as a good bottle of shiraz, but when having a fun evening of drinking the real stuff to have is a few bottles of Cairn O'Mohr's range of fruit wines....they do what it says on the tin ;) and taste damn good to boot.

At family gatherings or meals, its usually both, though it's normally me and one of my somewhat inebriated aunts dueling it out over the red while everyone else makes do with the white....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Ahem. I don't drink wine all that often....but I do prefer red. 8)
Baron Scarpia
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Scarpia »

Red all the way. I can't stand white wine, I don't understand how people drink it. First, it's COLD. Wtf? And it's like drinking vinegar. Bleargh!

Seriously, I am a big red fan. Cabernets and Chiantis are my favorite, followed by Merlots and Shiraz. I don't care for Beaujoulais too much, however.

I usually have at least one glass a week with a good meal. Mmm-mmm!
I believe in the Holy Trinity: Bach the Father, Beethoven the Son and Brahms the Holy Ghost.