No votes
No votes
No age of consent at all
8%

Total votes: 40

aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Age of Consent here in Louisiana is 17. I took full advantage of this and had sex with a 39-year-old guy a bunch of times. And if anyone tries to arrest the guy for that, I'll ask the charges be dropped!

Its stuff like this im glad i dont know, and when i do know, it quickly puts a wrinkle in my forehead, and a gray strand in my hair. :)
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

If there's grass on the field, play ball!

But really, Florida's system seems all right. According to that page Duchess linked to, Kansas is fucking fucked up:
State Age of Sexual Consent Laws wrote:KANSAS [age of consent:] 16
Kansas law prohibits various sexual scenarios, and has a special category
for sex with a person between 14 and 16. Adults breaching this criminal sodomy section face harsh penalties, but Kansas lawmakers carved out some breathing space for youthful miscreants, provided they are 18 or under, and within four years of age of their consensual partner. Called the "Romeo and Juliet" law, the provision limits the penalty for teen sex to 15 months in jail, and does not require the perpetrator to register as a sex offender. But the "Romeo and Juliet" law only applies to heterosexual teen-agers.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: Age of Consent

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Darth Wong wrote:The high rate of teen pregnancies in the US has nothing to do with the age of consent,
Yes, that was my point infact, by showing that lower ages of consent do not cause high teen pregancy rates and such I think it's clear that the problem lies elsewhere, which you pointed out.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

I'm rather fond of the 16 age of consent. It lets kids in high school screw around, while protecting young freshman, fresh out of an extreemly protected envirnment.

I can't help but feel odd about mid twenties and up nailing someone under 18. I begs the question, how were you able to meet, people that young and people that old are not in the same peer group. Don't you feel odd about having sex with someone that young. Of course I look on this as a male=older, female=younger, perspective. It just seems wrong for me for some reason.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Zed Snardbody wrote:I can't help but feel odd about mid twenties and up nailing someone under 18. I begs the question, how were you able to meet, people that young and people that old are not in the same peer group.
Not? Well, I guess we're an exception then.
Don't you feel odd about having sex with someone that young. Of course I look on this as a male=older, female=younger, perspective. It just seems wrong for me for some reason.
I wouldn't know, but I do know that my cousin(16) is dating one of my friends who is 25, just looking at the two ages here I spose one would react in a fairly predictable manner, but as I got a firsthand view of the situation, I have no problems with it, nor have I seen anyone else having any problems with it.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

I guess coming from a home where abuse occurred skews ones view of such things. I'm sure that a great many of age gap relationships are meaningful and for the most part pure. But its the small minority of such relationships that are wholly inappropriate that makes these laws necessary. If there's nothing wrong going on then the law shouldn't be an issue, but if something inappropriate does happen, nail the bastard to the wall with every law you can throw at them.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.