Why is Ikea so popular?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

There once was (or still is?) a bed for children called "Gudvik". THe hilarious thing was, that spoken out, it sounds quite like "Gutfick" in German, which basically means "Good fuck" :)
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Dahak wrote:There once was (or still is?) a bed for children called "Gudvik". THe hilarious thing was, that spoken out, it sounds quite like "Gutfick" in German, which basically means "Good fuck" :)
The town of "Fucking" likely loves those beds.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

ìkea rules bacause they´re chap and have a bunch of good designers.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Howedar wrote:What the fuck is Ikea?
It's probably the best place in town for watching MILFs, the one near my house is filled with yummy mummys every day.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Psycho Smiley
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Psycho Smiley »

Leave it to Aerius to come up with that definition of Ikea! :P

I find people either love Ikea or despise it. Dunno why. I love it, myself.
An Erisian Hymn:
Onward Christian Soldiers, / Onward Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam, / Fight 'till you're deceased.
Fight your little battles, / Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory / of Dis-cord-i-a!
Yah, yah, yah, / Yah-yah-yah-yah plfffffffft!
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

aerius wrote:
It's probably the best place in town for watching MILFs, the one near my house is filled with yummy mummys every day.
Lucky bastard. I don't have an IKEA nearby, unfortunatly.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Because Dalton's sister works there!

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Get teh Milf Huntar on the case
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
The Aliens
Keeper of the Lore
Location: hovering high up above, making home movies for the folks back home.

Post by The Aliens »

I love IKEA- its got such suave furniture that's both attractive and utilitarian. Most of my home furnishings are IKEA, with names I can't even pronounce, but bloody hell is it well made.
| Lorekeeper | EBC |
| SEGNOR | Knights |

..French....................Music..................
|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|
.................Comics...................Fiction..
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

When I got my new TV, I re-arranged my room and bought new bookshelves from Ikea for my increasingly large DVD and manga collections. 3 65" tall, 30" wide bookshelves for just $120 (plus a cut-in-half-style shelf for the end of the row for another $50). You might get comparable deals at Walmart, but their cheap furniture is much lower-quality.
I've also got 11 other wall-mount shelves in my room, which barely cost $120 altogether.

The fact that damn near every bit of it can be assembled with an allen wrench (included), a phillips-head screwdriver, and a hammer is just icing. :D
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

aerius wrote:
He makes a point.

Ikea scares me, it's a giant one way maze, once you enter, you can't go straight out, you have to follow the track past every piece of furniture there. And the colours, it's like they spilled paints and created a theme.

And God help you if you don't own an Allen key.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Dalton wrote:I'm going to have to get my sister on this thread...she's working for 'em.
I said they are popular because your sister workds there? :D 8) :twisted:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pulse
Redshirt

Post by Pulse »

The only IKEA I have ever been in is the one in Croydon, South London. I'm not sure if they are all like this but once you go in you have to go all the way through it to get to the exit. Also it was built on the site of an old power station, so they left the chimneys in the car park as a landmark. :lol:
This space is open to any inquiries at the moment...