Israel vs Palestine

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

My soft spot for Israel comes from seeing a new cafia or hospital or grocery store get blown up evey other day, then seeing Palastinians dancing in the streets. My soft spot comes from seeing Israeli leaders assainated, while the Israelis let the Palastinian leader go free when the had him in a one room building. My soft spot comes from seeing the entire world condeming them when they respond to having hundreds upon hundreds of their citizens killed every year.

My soft spot comes from the absolute knowledge that if the Palasinians were doing that to my nation, we would not show even a little of the restraint the Israelis have shown.

The Palastinian people have shown, through their celebration of other people's deaths, that they do not deserve mine nor anyone else's pity, therefore I choose not to give it.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

You see David, that is where you and I differ, my sympathy is for the innocent people who die. Not for a state or a government. My sympathy is for the parents who loose their children to stupidity and arrogance. I mean this for both sides. But to be fair we hardly hear about the little Palastinian boy who was shot dead by Israeli soldiers while huddling by his father outside their house. It is the singal most powerfull image used to recruite sucide bombers and terrorists.

The problem is that in the West we do not see any images that are inherently anti-Israeli, simply because western Journalists are forbidden to video tape when Israel is on the move. For those who try and get footage out it is usually broadcast to Islamic countries in an instant only further inciting the cycle of violence.

I think that this will be my last post on this subject. I really don't want to turn into a troll, but please if you read these posts understand my message. Read both sides of the argument before you form and opinion. Read western press, and Islamic press. Since both are so heavily biased the truth should lie there somewhere in the middle. As my last post, remember when I said that the first sucide bomb attack on civilian targets was in a direct retaliation to the massacre comited on a Palastinian mosque?

Well the simple fact of the matter is that Hard line Israeli parties, like the current government Ludik and terrorist organisations like Hamas, profit from each others succes. Everytime Hamas kills it gives Ludik an excuse to further incite the flame of vengeance. And the more that Ludik has control of Israel's attitude the more Hamas will be incited to retailiate.

People this is not a simple argument, read the history as presented by Both sides and then make your decision. From what I have read here a lot of people don't really want to.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I did see that story about the boy, and as I recall the boy and his father were not the reason the fitght had been started, they had just been in the middle of things. While I did feel sorry for them, thiese kinds of attacks always follow Palastinian attacks. The Israelis always target Palastinian military and government structures, while the Palastinians always target civilian gathering places.

Those images have never been hid or downplayed to me, and yes they are a powerful draw for new suicide-bomber recruits, but to me, if I say Israeli police or military personel kill someone and I wanted revenge, the logical action would be to attack the police station or miliary base. But they don't, bwecause all they care about is killing as many Israelis as possible.
jock
Redshirt

Re: Reality Bites

Post by jock »

Crown wrote:The only reason that Israel still exists as a state is because the United States requires a friend in the region. It has given un-parallel support to a state that is inherently biggoted and discriminates against religious beliefs not their own.

Did you know that the land that the Israeli parliament and the residence of the Israeli Prime Minister are built upon is owned by the Greek Orthodox church? Did you know that currently Israel is refusing to pay rent, because the current Arch Diacise (spelling?) has been deemed too sympathetic to the Palestine cause? Does that sound to you like a government that allows representation of another Ethnic race to you?

Lets forget the fact that the War on Terror is just another excuse for Israel to slaughter and terrorise an already beaten enemy. And why we are on the subject, while I morn the tragic loss of life that occured on September 11, why did it take America 20 years to attack a coutry that human rights organisations like Amnesty International have been critisisng for all those years?

And if America is truely interested in attacking all terrorist activites then why oh why is Israel supplied by America's military arms industry so that it may continue to slaughter residents in it's own country?

I would like to point out that I am not absolving the Palasitne people of any wrong doing, but that pointing out that we all share a common flaw. We are all from Westernised countries and lets face it we have rarely seen any news footage that openly critisises Israel. That is why I thank God every day for SBS, a free to air channel that shows both sides of the argument, without judgement!

The above is just some bad points about Israel, and there are just as many about Palestine, however we must first recognise how much we have been cencored from first before we begin to truely pass judgement.
Well said. The Palestinian people are very flawed, but that doesn't mean they forfeit their right to self-determination.
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."
— George Orwell