Non-Science Fiction Shows that you HATE...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

That bad, huh? :(
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I really don't care.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Since I rarely watch anything other than sci-fi/fantasy shows, and then only two or three, I could say that I hate almost all TV, although it's really more apathy for the crappiness.

However, I do hold a tiny speck of hatred within my heart for fucking What Not to Wear. I almost wish my high school physics teacher would go on, because, to quote, "I would go on just to make them cry". And he could do it too.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Genii Lodus wrote:There's no point mentioning the volumes of mindless crap put out for the proles eg virtually anything on ITV and the Beeb's daytime schedule since it's not meant to be good in any way. I will make an exception for Big Brother, my sisters both watched this every series but not this one. The show has gone from being mindless reality to rejoicing in cruelty and going against the advice of the show psychologists by putting in people who are mentally ill or just so maladjusted that the experience will ruin their lives. The wankers at Endemol responsible for this must be particularly devoid of corporate conscience.
But haven't the BB contestants always been a bunch of weirdos, freaks and oddballs? And Big Brother has always been unpleasant viewing since both the contestants and presenters are very insufferable people you wouldn't want to sit next to on the bus. And BB has always been a national bear pit; remember Nasty Nick being villified by the media (where's he gone?) and the massive vitriol directed at Jade Goody?

And despite the media bullying and public spite, I wouldn't say Jade Goody's life is ruined since she's now a very wealthy and secure Chavette. :P
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

BB deliberately chooses people who will be entertaining. Only a complete moron would expect a television company to invest millions in a reality show without stacking the deck. In the AU version, you never see any contestants who weren't clearly mouth-breathing morons in life. Many people wouldn't be fazed by the idea of BB, and those people will never be contestants.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Jim Raynor wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:A Current Affair!? That old fossil's still around?! I thought the early '90s came back to pick it up on the Short Bus. Does it still have that annoying intro "deedeedaadodu-WHUMMMMMMMMM!!!" sound?
It didn't actually last that long. The show died, and then was ressurected last year or earlier this year, I can't remember. I haven't watched on full episode of it since it came back.
In Australia, it never died.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

In Australia, it never died.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!