Air Force Drill Team or Pershing Rifles?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Infidel7
Youngling

Air Force Drill Team or Pershing Rifles?

Post by Infidel7 »

I am a Cadet in AFROTC det. 645 at Ohio State and am interested in pledging to one of these organizations. I was simply curious if anyone on the board has had some personal experience in this area or knows someone who has. I only have time/energy to do one of the two and both are very intense programs from what I understand.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil—you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself. –Dan Barker
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Pershing Rifles. But my point of view is that of an Army Grunt; anything with the name "Pershing Rifles" sounds inherently more acceptable to me than "Air Force Drill Team", which conjures pictures in my mind of young boys in leotards and sparkly blue vests doing flag dance routines with their sharkskin leather man-purses flying.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!