Drakafic: Timeline.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

woah. absolutely fascinating.

whats draka? this is the first indepth thing Ive read on it.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Best alternate history I have ever read. It is quite amazing to see the entire world put their differences aside and come together to oppose the Domination. Especially so given the time period it takes place in.

Heh, I'd like to see Rommel fighting alongside Patton. That would be an interesting relationship.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

so these african neitzcheian crazies actually unite the planet against them?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Well that seems to be the way it is going according to the timeline. Hell, the Pope enacted a crusade against them!
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

The idea of finding every single piece of classical literature is incredibly unlikely.

These links will help with implausible sections:
www.alternatehistory.com/ gateway/analyses/Drakaproblems.html
www.alternatehistory.com/ gateway/analyses/Stonedogsproblems.htm
www.geocities.com/hentaihelper/StoneDogsproblems.htm
frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

The whole bloody idea is somewhat implausible.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Battlehymn Republic wrote:The idea of finding every single piece of classical literature is incredibly unlikely.

These links will help with implausible sections:
www.alternatehistory.com/ gateway/analyses/Drakaproblems.html
www.alternatehistory.com/ gateway/analyses/Stonedogsproblems.htm
www.geocities.com/hentaihelper/StoneDogsproblems.htm
We decided to keep those sections because quite frankly we were having enough difficulty explaining how such a completely sociopathic society could develop that we needed everything that we could get to justify it. It's implausible, but then so is the whole timeline, even our's, admittedly. Our basic principle is to retain as much of the original Drakian timeline as possible with the proviso that we must be able to somehow rationalize it. Essentially being given a fixed set of data that we can't change (the Draka being as they are socially and culturally in 1918, since we decided to work from that point) we have attempted to more rationally explain how they got there. That said, we aren't changing the basic concept because the entire point of the stories is to demonstrate how the Draka (within the barest of sane limits) could be defeated and how it would take place.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

I have some other ideas about the timeline, but the papyrus sack is the most glaring problem. I have a suggestion: what about just a few key papers, inspiring an overall trend of thought? The American revolutionaries in our timeline thought of the great classical Greeks and Romans much in their gov't; maybe for some avant-garde reason the Draka had their own revival prior to the recovery, and then the fad becomes a whole cultural force. The Draka think they were meant to find the papers.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

thats a pretty neat idea, actually.
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW