killingforfun.doc

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lindar
Rabid Monkey

killingforfun.doc

Post by Lindar »

He eyed her as she laughed across the room. Her face seemed to glow, almost as if she was a candle and those that flocked around her were moths. The fact that he knew her kind more than well enough didn't matter. It actually made him want to pursue her that night. So quickly downing his drink he got up, tipped the bartender, and then swaggered over examining her even more as he got closer.

The fact that a whole entourage circled her didn't bother him. He forced his way through them, and when he finally reached her, he smirked coyly, almost as if he had a secret that he didn't want to tell. Around him, the others still buzzed about one thing or another, trying to catch her attention in hopes that they might. None of them were succeeding though. He thought that her dark attire didn’t really cover enough of her olive skin, but he didn’t care.

Reaching over to brush a strand of dark hair out of her face, he startled her, he could tell because she’d pulled away slightly. After turning her eyes away from the ones she’d been talking to, she let them quickly scan this new bold prospect, assessing his potential, as well as how threatening he was. Quite honestly she saw him as the usual sort, nothing unusual in his height or appearance, which was a good thing for her, but might prove to be a bad thing for him before the night was over. She decided that he was harmless and just smiled at him, deciding that, since he was so bold, yes he would do well enough.

The others that had circled her wandered off disappointedly as she leaned up and whispered in his ear. Quite frankly, what she had to say startled him. Which was her intent. He paled quickly, and she smiled wryly as he ran a hand through his own dark hair nervously, showing clear unhindered disbelief as though he didn’t believe what he’d heard. So, motivated by that she whispered the same thing yet again without any hesitation.

He opened his eyes wide in surprise. Had she actually said what he thought he had heard? A sweet smile spread across her face and she slipped off the top of her barstool, her feet hitting the hardwood floor without a sound. He wondered if perhaps she had been a cat in another life, but he didn’t think about that for long, because she grabbed his hand and led him out onto the dance floor.

He shivered when her ice cold hands touched the back of his neck, but he didn’t say anything seeing that the others were watching. Besides, wasn’t this what he had wanted? He pulled her closer as they danced, and he whispered things to her, none of them affecting her as her earlier comment had affected him. She ran a hand through his hair, and hummed to the music, seeming to pay no mind to him.

While they danced she asked him one thing, and only one, in a voice that seemed to hide something, just what he didn’t really know.

“What would you do for me?”

He only thought about it for a minute or two before he answered. “Anything, Lady. I’d do anything.”

“Are you sure that you would do anything though?” She asked quietly, almost as if the question was a secret.

“I would do anything, and give anything for you lady.”

His response seemed to please her because she went back to humming, and playing with his hair. He personally found the question to be boring, and it reminded him of the other girls he had known.

The song ended sooner than he would have liked it to, and she took his hand again, this time leading him outside. Outside the night air was cool and warm, and the smell of fall leaves hung in the air. For a few moments he believed he could smell pumpkin pie baking somewhere, but it was only his imagination. She smiled at him, her teeth shining like white pearls in the pale moon light.

“Isn’t it nicer out here?” She asked her voice low, and almost in-audible. “It was getting stuffy in there all those eyes watching. It was almost like they’re waiting for something to happen. Isn’t that absurd?”

“Not really,” He said startled by the sudden change. “But then again one can never be too certain about anything I suppose.” He wondered if she was going to go through with what she’d suggested earlier, but he wasn’t going to ask.

“True. But even so it’s no fun to be watched. It’s better to have the situation to myself. That way the only ones deciding the rules are those present and self judging.” She started walking towards a darker area and he followed silently. Eventually they came to a gate that swung in with a groan as she slipped through it, waiting a few moments for him to catch up. “That’s why we’re going where there won’t be any…disturbances.”

Her momentary hesitation made him suddenly feel a wee bit uneasy. Where were they anyway? The moonlight hardly made it through the canopy of dead branches and leaves that rustled over head in the slight breeze. But even with so little light, he almost swore that he saw tombstones or were they demons? He wasn’t sure for some seemed to move in the dark, while others did not. He also noted that she seemed to be slightly pre-occupied in choosing the path that they would be taking. Where were they going? He wanted to ask but he bit his tongue giving himself over to lust rather than rationality.

Eventually they arrived at a monolithic building that had candles burning in each of its windows. They went up a few stone steps, which had edges that were crumbling slightly, finally arriving at a pair of wooden doors that were reminiscent of those a child would envision a castle having. She pushed one of the doors in and the hinges protested loudly. Since he had no idea how much further they were going he followed, though a small voice inside asked him what he was thinking. He just blotted it out, having already decided this was something he wanted to play out regardless of what might be the end result.

Inside the rooms everything fit like the pieces of many different puzzles all cut to the same design. Things looked crowded and shabby, but at the same time appeared to be kept in a meticulous manner reminiscent of a hospital laboratory. The candlelight that was prevalent in the rooms, shone off of various metal pieces and mirrors giving the rooms an ethereal look. She had him take a seat, and he sat down in a worn stuffed seat running his fingers over the threadbare spots contemplatively as she wandered off. Her excuse was that she had to change into something more comfortable being home and all. He personally saw no cause to protest.

She came back dressed in what one can only call a white shift, and he raised an eyebrow the change having effected almost her whole appearance. She laughed, heading towards a bar that stood in the dark corner of the room. She opened it, mixed a few drinks and then offered him one as she sat down across from him in another chair. She pulled her feet up under her and sipped her drink examining him. He wasn’t sure if drinking from the glass was a good thing or a bad thing from the way she watched him. But ignoring his better judgment he drank.

He couldn’t recall ever tasting anything like the liquid that burned his throat. It was sweet, sticky, obviously some sort of alcohol, but he couldn’t identify just what it was. It took all he had not to cough and throw it up, but he didn’t dare do that. If she could drink the vile concoction he could too. At least he hoped that he could. He noted that she almost seemed to be laughing at him as she quaffed her own vile drink. After setting his empty glass on the floor, following his hosts’ fashion, he felt slightly dizzy.

“So Lady, what are we going to do now?” He asked in a voice he hardly recognized. Had the drink really been that strong? “The night isn’t going to last forever you know.”

“Aye, I know that. But that’s why we’ve come here. The night never ends here. That, I can almost assure you.” She played with some of her hair watching him, as a hawk would watch its prey. “Are you really in such a hurry?”

He felt sick, and shifted in his seat, but he didn’t answer her. He remembered what she had said back at the bar. But he also remembered her question, as late as it might seem. The part of him that had brought him this far had grown weary of the wait, and was slowly letting the rational side take over. Or it was going to let it, until she stood up and approached him.

“So are you so sure that you would do anything for me?” She asked in a voice that had a slight lilt in it, and all the notes were bright, it reminded him of a calliope.

“Yes I would do anything to appease you at this point lady.” He answered, his voice hardly hiding the frustration he was suddenly starting to feel.

“Appease me? Now that is something that I do like to hear. But to appease me may take more than you are willing to give. Are you sure that that is what you would like to do?”

He nodded, getting up from the chair and taking hold of her. “If it wasn’t would I be here now?”

He only made her laugh, and he was astonished at how quickly she disentangled herself from him. It made him think of sand going through a sieve, but he didn’t understand how that could be possible. After all, she seemed so small and delicate compared to him.

“There are few things that will appease me, and there are only two. Blood and the spirit, are you truly willing to give up both? It is a lot to ask surely, but you have offered. I simply ask whether you are certain or not.”
this is incomplete... but...*shrug*
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Nice, when does he die? :twisted:
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

Ace Pace wrote:Nice, when does he die? :twisted:
not soon enough honestly......*shrugs*
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Lindar wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:Nice, when does he die? :twisted:
not soon enough honestly......*shrugs*
Hehe. Sounds good. :D
d(-_-)b