Sanity

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Sanity

Post by Crazedwraith »

Star Wars/ Star Trek: Sanity.
By David ‘Crazedwraith’ Cutter.

Disclaimer:
Star Wars and all Associated icons and characters are the property of George Lucas.
Star Trek and All associated icons and characters are the property of Paramount Pictures (A Viacom Company)
No profit is being made from this.

Aaron Kirk, Captain of the Imperial Star Destroyer Eraser looked out of his window in solemn silence. His bridge of course was not silent. The usual white noise of chattering crew, beeping consoles and the barely audible thrum of weapons fire crashed around him. He paid it no attention.

Beneath him, Earth burned.

Aaron had joined the imperial starfleet for many reasons; mass murder was not one of them and especially not this: the mass murder of innocent humans. Regardless of what galaxy he was in it was wrong.

Why? Why did he have to do this? These people posed no threat to the lowliest Frigate let alone the empire as a whole. They had proved that well enough in their defence of their world. Theirs ships lay shattered around their home–world like a gruesome halo. The good men and woman who had crewed them had been defiant to the last. Now they were entombed metal coffins as their families were cremated.

It was so…pointless. There was a reason this galaxy was so hideously under developed. It was completely lacking in any of the resources that were essential for the development of any civilised technology. There was so tibanna gas here, no bacta and no way for hypermatter to be obtained.

Quite simply this galaxy was worthless.

I don’t want to be here and do this. But what choice do I have? These were my orders. Orders have to be obeyed.

But that’s never been a winning defence against a war crimes trial.

War crime trial? What the hell are you thinking? Who is going to be able to call war crime trials? The shattered federation? The Rebels? No. Only the empire would be in such a position of power over me. Not that it’d ever come to an actual trial. I’d meet an unfortunate accident long before a court martial convened.

I can’t continue doing this but what’s the alternative? I continue doing this I die inside but if I don’t chance are I die on the outside as well. If I ask for assignment they’ll wonder why I don’t want such a high position they’ll come after me, if I resign they’ll know they should come after me. There is no way out.

Well there is the Rebellion. The mere thought raises my hackles. Me good son of the empire run with a pack of smelly sub–humans and whacked out order less liberals?

Then again what is the use of being a good son of the empire? It was basically synonymous for mass murderer. I heard the rebellion welcomes Imperial defectors and what that attack at Endor cost them they’d properly welcome me…

Maybe that’s why the Emperor had orders so many base Delta Zeros…the was so pissed that the Rebel almost got him…

After all their war was even spilling through to this galaxy now. Though I certainly can’t see why. Sure they’ll have no end of recruits but that wormhole is one massive choke point.

So my two choices: One stay where I am try to cope with mass murder or two defect to a group who may or may not accept mass murderers like myself. Which also happens to be a cause that’s as about as hopeless as trying to kill swarming piranha bugs with a fly swatter.

Great choice, now I wonder where I left my sanity?

15 minutes later Aaron Kirk left the Eraser is personal shuttlecraft
20 minutes later the Eraser exploded.
2 months later Aaron Kirk fought his first battle in the milky way for the New Republic…
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Problem A: Point of View, it changes from third to first person around half way through. Pick one and go with it. We don't care if it's first person, third person, or even second person. If you can figure out how to do fourth person, all the better. Pick one, and stick with it.

Problem 2: Showing vs. Telling, we want to see how Aaron Kirk over-rode the Imperial paranoia equipment of doom and self-destructed the Eraser. We want to see Aaron Kirk hunting down a Maqui-esque Feddie resistance force. We want to see Aaron Kirk convince them that, even though he is a Mass Murderer, even though he helped exterminate all life on Earth, that he should be able to help the Feddies fight back.

Other than that, it seems alright.