Possible Galactica Fanfic in the Works

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Possible Galactica Fanfic in the Works

Post by Junghalli »

I'm thinking of writing a (old) Galactica crossover fanfic. Unfortunately my local video store only has the pilot and a few other eps, mostly from the first season, and I was about five years old when the show aired. I think I have enough background knowledge to be able to write in the setting, but it'd help me a great deal if anybody could direct me to any BSG fanfics or other materials I could use to brush up on BSG. Thank you.
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

Shee-it.

I forgot this one, because I keep it in the Farscape category:

http://www.mnsi.net/~tower/ftlw/main.htm
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
Andras
Jedi Knight

Post by Andras »

Check out your local used book store for BSG novels. They are mostly novelized versions of the episodes. You can usually pick them up pretty cheap.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Do you plan on having material from Richard Hatch's "Battlestar" or just sticking with the original show? Also...who are you crossing BG with? You don't have to answer those questions if you feel like it will spoil your story.

I would start with the BG series bible, if you can find it online. I know I've seen it before. Try to google it. Hell, it's been a long time since I've seen BG myself. I'm searching for episodes right now...
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Thanks for the help you all.
Mario1470 wrote:Do you plan on having material from Richard Hatch's "Battlestar" or just sticking with the original show? Also...who are you crossing BG with? You don't have to answer those questions if you feel like it will spoil your story.
I think I may stick with the original show, since it's been a while since I've seen anything but the pilot.
Actually, the other universe will be my own invention.
I think for now I'll start with that side of the fanfic and bring in Galactica a little later. I'm planning on eventually doing a big battle royale, Earth humans vs. Cylons, and I tentatively made up a couple of new Cylon designs. Can you give me your opinion?

Legionairre: the Cylon MI. A Legionairre (sp?) is bigger and heavier armored than a Centurion, and has built-in weapons. However, it has a more primitive computer and lacks the tactical flexibility of a Centurion. Visually it looks sort of like a Neo-BSG Centurion.

Legionairre Supreme: a bigger, heavier version of a Legionairre, with built in rocket and grenade launchers. Looks sort of like a cross between a Neo-BSG Centurion and a gorilla.

Titan: a massive six-legged Cylon with built in turbolasers and missile launchers. Can serve either as cavalry or an independent strike force.