Stuff of Stars, by DF

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Stuff of Stars, by DF

Post by Darth Fanboy »

IT WAS A HIGH SPEED UNIVERSE AND I WAS STUCK IN SUSPENDED ANIMATION
EVENTUALLY I BROKE FREE FROM MY TEMPORAL SITUATION
A STRANGE NEW WORLD ASSAULTED MY SENSES AND FLOODED MY VISION
DID I TRAVEL THROUGH TIME? WAS I RIP VAN WINKLE?
WAS I FROZEN IN PLACE LIKE A TASTY POPSICLE?
FATE IS MY MISTRESS AND DAMN IS SHE FICKLE!

FUCK YOU DISASTER! FUCK YOU CHAOS! FUCK YOU ENTROPY!

In space, no one heard my scream.
In a far corner of an empty black void came the things.
Stuff was invented. Stuff, a crude word but an important occurance.
Zero was once the reality and now it had become the concept.

I awoke in what felt like a moment of birth. Eyes straining against the new sensation of light, and I was compelled by the echoes my ancestors encoded into their chromosomes long ago. From that first moment of self-genesis I became whole. Fully created, no longer an idea, no longer a possibility, but an actual combination. Pretty neat isn't it?

It was at the moment of thought expansion later in life, when I became aware that I had a purpose, not defined by any of the greater beings in this universe nor the powers that be of my own nation. I gave myself meaning when I rose up and challenged myself to become better. NOw I was supreme, although limited by the confines of flesh and bone my mind was allowed to expand and grow limitlessly.

I came of age, and defied the odds and actually did it. I finally did something fucking great!

I wrote this. There was never any beginning or end really. The Stuff of Stars is beyond comprehension. We as mortals define things with beginnings and ends. We use time and treat it as if we are actually running out of it, as a tangible concept. But before there was anything there was nothing, but what came before nothing? Was there something before the nothing and before that nothing at all?

The answer may shock you. But allow me to inform you that I do indeed know the answer. The answer to the great question is not the meaning of life, or the secret to immortality, or the comprehensive knowledge of the universe. THe answer comes in a cryptic and mysterious form of which we must all decipher sometime. Normally in the split second before death, how I have been given this knowledge is mystery.

That which was and that which is came together and became that which were. What that was was nothing more than what it was. It was something that was once everywhere, including here and there before being found nowhere.

Then I say to myself, go forth in this world and seek yet another challenge. It wasn't a hard decision. I figured i'd stop asking myself questions that didn't make any sense and start seeking answers that made even less sense. Which explains what i'm doing now.

Dreaming a little dream, to peek into what could be a different plane of existence. One where I am master of all things and concepts. SOunds nice doesn't it? Of course, but that isn't to say that being unremarkable isn't remarkable either. Its a far greater testament to our species that we conquer despite limitations, rather than dominate with ease. It is to our credit as a complex amalgamation of cellular structures that after evolving from the inferno of our world's birth that we now comprehend the existence unfolding around us.

And you see it with your own eyes. Of the body and the mind. And you know it is ugly, but can't deny it is beautiful.

~Fin~

A little short story for all my friends and my enemies, several of which fall into both categories. Dedicated to the concept of dedication, for without it I could not dedicate. In tribute to tribute, for without it I could not homage homage. With respects to respect and with regards to regard.

Love,

DF

P.S.

If you kiss me, and I enjoy it, i'll tell you a secret.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.