Star Trek - The Temporal Wars

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

atomic danny
Redshirt

Star Trek - The Temporal Wars

Post by atomic danny »

Nevermind - The Fan Fiction is Crap...
Last edited by atomic danny on 2007-06-08 05:57am, edited 2 times in total.
atomic danny
Redshirt

Post by atomic danny »

Last edited by atomic danny on 2007-06-08 05:57am, edited 2 times in total.
atomic danny
Redshirt

Post by atomic danny »

Last edited by atomic danny on 2007-06-08 05:57am, edited 1 time in total.
atomic danny
Redshirt

Post by atomic danny »

Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

I like it, post more! I would post more, but I am about to head off, so ill post more stuff tonight :)
Admiral Cross|USS-Executive
atomic danny
Redshirt

Post by atomic danny »

Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

atomic danny wrote:201 Views and only one reply, i didn't realise it was that bad :(
Knowing this board if it was a bad story you'd get a ton of replies saying something in the vein of "THIS SUCKS!" :)
Sabastian Tombs
Youngling

Post by Sabastian Tombs »

I personally find the story rather hard to read with the way you change from present to past tense in the same sentence. Also, you tend to be repeat information that you don't need to. For example, in the first chapter, you spend a couple of paragraphs telling what the USS Sovereign found during it's mission. Then you go to the captain repeating the same information into her log.

On the other hand, it seems like an interesting premise. With some editing, it could be a good story.
atomic danny
Redshirt

Post by atomic danny »

Junghalli wrote:Knowing this board if it was a bad story you'd get a ton of replies saying something in the vein of "THIS SUCKS!" :)
True, though to be honest i was expecting more of the lines of being to generous to Star Trek (since apparently the power of a photon torpedo is accepted here as 0.675 tonnes or something similar)
Sabastian Tombs wrote:I personally find the story rather hard to read with the way you change from present to past tense in the same sentence. Also, you tend to be repeat information that you don't need to. For example, in the first chapter, you spend a couple of paragraphs telling what the USS Sovereign found during it's mission. Then you go to the captain repeating the same information into her log.

On the other hand, it seems like an interesting premise. With some editing, it could be a good story.
its that bad, is this in all of the chapters?(or in is it in every sentence?) looks like i might as well rewrite most of the chapters :)(and removing a lot of the repeated parts) Though as for the Captains log, you would expect the captain to say whats on her mind though wouldn't you? Though thanks for the nice part at the end :)

edit- i've updated chapter one, and altered the part you mentioned. Its still not very good (since this was my first fan fiction :)), though i think i've changed it enough so that it removes part of the repeated parts. Though what would you suggest? I re-write the parts that are "repeated" or re-write all of it