Are you like George Lucas?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Have you ever made significant revisions-- more details, new scenes, different endings, etc.-- to stories you've already posted?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 22

Anomie
Padawan Learner
Location: Between the begining of time and the end of the universe

Post by Anomie »

I generally try to write an entire story and due all the editing before posting it anywhere. But if I do end up doing a rewrite, like crazy 9000, I'll leave the original there as well for people to read.

On fanfiction.net, there have been several instances of people going back and rewriting their stories after deleting the original, and got feedback that some people liked the original better.
although the newer Greedo scene is an improvement over the SE edition.
What new Greedo scene?

And can someone tell me how to change "Quote" to "_______ wrote" as I can't find how to do it in the Board FAQ.
You shall be the instrument of my vengence. Through you I shall scream out my wrath unto the heavens.
"Explosions fix everything" - Nabeshin - Excel Saga
"When you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss comments on how you have no social life."
"We jumped the shark AND took its wallet" My friend commenting upon our groups dinner conversation.
CoVD:We are all but a part of a dream that Vin Diesel is having.
Church of Perverts: As the Lord commands, so shall we do. And do. And do.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Oh yes I have! The edition of The Wormhole War most of you know is actually the second draft because the original was not that good.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"