What do you like to wank about in your fanfics?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Alyeska wrote:Heavy missile barages that put Macross to shame. Ships with thousands of VLS cells which can reload these VLS cells allowing for staggering missile volley's.
I tend to favor REALLY BIG GUNS, like an Iowa class battleship's 16 inch guns, or the Schwerer Gustav 80 cm railroad gun. The Death Star's superlaser is another example, a concept I borrowed for Death is Never the End, my 'Evangelion' AU fanfic.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hmm...probably the old cliche of 'a small team defeats a massive force through skill/planning/luck' is a theme that repeatedly pops up in my stories.
JADAFETWA
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Whenever I write about fighting I tend to emphasize the damage suffered by the combatants. It first cropped up when I was writing suicide squad, which was sort of a counterpoint to the sanitized little burn marks that you see in the SW movies, books, and games. We know that blasters are extremely powerful, so I portrayed them dealing that amount of damage to flesh--which is admittedly a little gross. I continue to do it from time to time outside that context, though, because I think it's effective imagery.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

On certain individual characters, like a hero, I tend to over-emphasize their capabilities into wankatility. I'm trying to give him some limits so I can actually write the damn thing.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood