Need a name for one of my stories

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Robo Jesus
Padawan Learner

Need a name for one of my stories

Post by Robo Jesus »

I've decided to write a few fanfictions. To that end, I need good names for one of them at the moment.

Oh course, it's 3:00am where I am right now, and I might as well be a walking zombie, so while I'm sure I could come up with one or two interesting names, I highly doubt any of them would be useful, or even appropriate.

Know your limits I guess.

Anyways, in order to choose a good name for a story, you need context for what the story is. So, allow me to throw out the context for the story I'm starting on writing, so you can help me find a good name for it.

The Yuuzhan Vong attack. Can Darth Vader save the galaxy?

It's an AU story. I say this with certainty. The end premise is in the above line, but the story I'm writing starts out about a year before the Phantom Menace. Anakin gets sold to a pirate/smuggler, while his mother is still on Tatooine.

It tells an alternate story of Vong attack and conquest, Palpatine using his love of planet killing devices for good (or the closest things that can pass for good in terms of Palpatine), Anakin becoming a terror in his own right, the Jedi trying to survive the Vong and Palpatine's political ambitions, and a Grevious that isn't an asthmatic iron lung.

In short, this is going to be a long story. At least 80,000 words, minimum.

So, any ideas on what I should name this story?
This is sickening... You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Dark Savior. (I got this idea from the live-action 'Guyver 2' movie.)

Blood Sacrifice. (Appropriate, considering the Vong use of biomechanics.)

I Am Become Death... (I can think up more ideas if necessary.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Sidewinder wrote: I Am Become Death... (I can think up more ideas if necessary.)
That's goood.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Sidewinder wrote: I Am Become Death... (I can think up more ideas if necessary.)
That's goood.
Is it a reference to something? Because it doesn't sound right.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

How so? It's an archaic way of saying 'I have become death'.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ford Prefect wrote:How so? It's an archaic way of saying 'I have become death'.
Well, obviously. It just sounds a bit too... archaic for my ears, I guess. Nevertheless, it is a decent title.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That's understandable; most people don't particularly like them (Well, at least four). It certainly sent a friend off when he read an article I wrote about a fictional tank, which had an archaicism in it, while Peregrin Toker got marked down for his use of the archaic in an essay he wrote.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Noble Ire wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:
That's goood.
Is it a reference to something? Because it doesn't sound right.
J. Robert Oppenheimer, director of the Manhattan Project, said "I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds," after the first A-bomb test. The line was originally from the Bhagavad-Gita, a Hindu sacred text. (Source: en.wikipedia.org )

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Robo Jesus
Padawan Learner

Post by Robo Jesus »

I'm definately going to use one or two Oppenheimer quotes in my story. So, thanks for pointing out his name, as I found a good one for the second chapter.

However, anything with the words "Death," "Dark," "Diablo," "Twilight," and "Flannel" I wish to avoid like the black plague. So "Diablo's TwilightDark DeathFlannel" is out people.

We need something else here. :P
This is sickening... You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

'In the Name of Justice' or 'The Price of Victory', considering that Anakin must fall to the Dark Side to become powerful enough to fight the Vong.

Vianca
Padawan Learner

Post by Vianca »

Dead of the worlds.
Or something like it.
Nothing like the present.