Star Wars fan fic ideas

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

atg
Jedi Master

Star Wars fan fic ideas

Post by atg »

So I'm thinking I'm gonna try my hand at a fanfic, is this idea woth considering?

An Imperial Warlord just after the fall of Coruscant. He was a well respected admiral who now controls about 4 Sectors worth of territory and a number of ships equal to around a third to a half of what would be the normal Imperial sector fleets for that area.

Having a good reputation as a fair man (perhaps having quietly helped the rebellion in freeing slaves and evactuating planets to be BDZ'd by the Imp Fleet) he manages to get a peace treaty with the New Republic, and helps Rogue Squadron fight Isard (who has a larger fleet and access to tie production) and then, probably a sequel, The New Republic against other Warlords or Thrawn.

Basically it will initially be a rewrite of The Bacta War without the Lusankya getting OWNED by a couple of SD's and a x-wing squadron.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

There is far too little, in both official EU and fanfics, about the actual Imperial Civil War after Endor. I would be quite interested in reading something like this.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

IF you're going to rewrite the Bacta war, then what if this alternate timeline actually saw Rogue Squadron being temporarily comissioned as Imperial officers by an Imperial Warlord, like Teradoc or Harsk.

Boy now wouldn't that be an NR propaganda nightmare. "YEah our 12 best pilots defected to a rogue Imperial faction because we wouldn't let them battle oppression!"
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Heres a good one, StarWars/Homeworlds Crossover.

With the plot of the Galaxy of Homeworld losing to "The Beast" in Cata, they form a massive fleet of ships and flee the galaxy. Hyperspacing out and towards the Starwars Galaxy a few years before ANH :lol:
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Eh. just go for straight Star Wars. except with engaging characters, good space battles, and as little as possible fo the bleeding-heart overly merciful Light Side Jedi crap.

Good luck
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link