I want your help!!

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Well is this agood idea and are you willing to perticepate in it?

Yes
No votes
NO!!
No votes
it looks alright
67%
Give up now before you fail
33%

Total votes: 6

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

I want your help!!

Post by Dartzap »

Hi everyone!

I need your help on a project, which hopefully will get a few GSDA’s Next December! i want everyone to help do a huge SW vs. ST Fanfic! :D

I’m thinking of a few titles at the moment so ill post them later
I want all of the Budding authors to join up for one ultimate fanfic .Pm me if you have an idea i want this to works please!!

---------------------------------------

"We have fought many battles over the millennia and wee have lost many battles. But we had never been so unprepared as to when this tale comes to play. It came from the darkness of the middle systems and it came in force, numbers, and above all-powerful weapons that kept all our might at bay.
The years of darkness fell upon us like a tidal wave killing all that opposed them.
We fought back and we won some battles but more we lost and there was none who dared lead us for the fear of the enemy coming for us, one last time. “

The old man sat down in a hover chair and stared at the young man who looked at him in amazement.
“So how have we managed to survived then?”
“That’s the point.” He said to the young man.” We haven’t survived, we are dying and there’s none who will lead us. The Empire has killed all who are prepared to lead Starfleet and the other powers of this galaxy against them.”

“But what is this to me?” “I am nothing to these people am I not?” The young man was starting to look nervous at the man in white.

“That is where you are wrong.” “You are the one who must lead us against the Empire only you can defeat them.”

“Me How? “

“You must lead the forces of both the Federation and all our allies against these aliens “

“The Federation lies in ruins as do our allies how can I defeat them ships that are so old that my grand father would have used them”?

The war started at the main filling ports for the invaders the first shot was fired by the federation .

Thus begins the Age of Conquest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a Prototype .If this fails, It fails so i dont mind :D

im putting a vote to see if you want this to happens if not ill get a mod to delete it.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

What is it you're suggesting....a round robin type thing? I've worked on a few 'tales' for SW's RP's in the past....it was always intresting because every character had a different mind directing it so they did interact in a much more dynamic way than in average round robin stories....
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Yess!! thats what im suggesting and why is it that every time i respond or post something none replies its really annoying!

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

First off, get any idea of awards out of your head. It's fun to dream but when you sit down you've got to get all that kind of stuff out of your head or you stop being an artist. Art is about having something to say, not about what people want to hear. To put it in simple and vulgar terms, if you focus on the orgasm you'll miss out on the sex.

If you're going with a round robin, the first thing you've got to be willing to do is completely relinquish control, because that's what it's all about: sharing. When your part is over, it's over, and whoever writes the next part is going to do what they want no matter what you think should happen. You have to be willing to accept several things, which aren't always easy:

1) It will probably suck. As a work, I mean, even though individual parts may excel. You aren't likely to have a cohesive whole which will cause all kinds of weaknesses to emerge in the work.
2) It probably won't have a good ending, if it even ends.
3) Someone's going to do something that'll piss you off. You just have to swallow your guts and accept that not everyone will have the same artistic vision.

My advice:
1) Don't give it a title until it's done.
2) Collaborate with the members on the basic premise rather than writing one of your own.
3) Do it for the fun rather than for hopes of accolades.
4) There is an "I" in "round robin," but it's small and near the end. Keep that in mind.
Chuck

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

yea thanks for the advice thats truly helpful :) . at least someone replied!

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

can a mod delete this please cause no ones interested :( :cry:

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

It'll die, just made it survive a bit longer.... oh well.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Would a round robin be something like this?:

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/print ... perpage=60

Oh, and antitrek, you can use that link as an example to study if you wish.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

No offense but everytime I've seen someone try and do a round robin its always some writer who wants the awards but doesn't want to put in any of the effort by himself. This way he does 1 chapter of a large story and gets even more credit since he/she/it organized the whole thing.

I didn't like the introduction/teaser you have up either, it needs a lot of work.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.