Fate-Another Score (TYPE-MOON AU)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

I'm on chapter eight. It's interesting so far, but I'm curious about the setting. Where the hell is New Geneva? Is it the rebuilt Geneva, which was destroyed in some war, like Tokyo-3 in 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Holy shit. I didn't expect to see a comment on this, certainly after having let it lie fallow for so long. Thanks very much!

As for where New Geneva (the capital of the EU, by the way) is, it's an artificial island in the English Channel. The original Geneva is still around, however.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

I just finished Chapter 15. Sorry for the late reply-- I didn't become interested in 'Fate/stay night' until a week ago.

Regarding Saber's affection towards Rin-- does she also express such affection in the original visual novel? (I don't have a copy myself, and I haven't seen the anime adaption.)
Ford Prefect wrote:Also, I came across a picture on 4chan which struck me as being perfectly Thérèse.
I recognize the woman in this picture-- it's Maria Tachibana from 'Sakura Wars'. (Appropriate, considering that 'Sakura Wars' is a dating sim.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Sidewinder wrote:I just finished Chapter 15. Sorry for the late reply-- I didn't become interested in 'Fate/stay night' until a week ago.
No problem.
Regarding Saber's affection towards Rin-- does she also express such affection in the original visual novel? (I don't have a copy myself, and I haven't seen the anime adaption.)
Not really, no. However, the simple fact of the matter is that Rin can tell Saber to love her, and Saber will do it; it is ultimately Rin here who holds all the affection (which has basis in TYPE-MOON canon), and Saber is merely satisfying her Master. It helps somewhat that Arturia had an actual factual queen back when she was alive.
I recognize the woman in this picture-- it's Maria Tachibana from 'Sakura Wars'. (Appropriate, considering that 'Sakura Wars' is a dating sim.)
Indeed; I had this pointed out on another board.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.