In Memoria (40K)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

is this going into the cleaned up fanfics section?
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Very nice work IO. Would you mind if I start putting this into a formatted PDF file?
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

"This is the end. . . My only friend, the end."

It's been a wonderful run. I hope that we'll see more Maladar in the future, but even if we don't, I think the tale of Jolan Gix should be cleaned up, and put on display all over the internet so that more people can know just how awesome you really are.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

1) Exactly what happens at Ophilia can be found at Librium Arcana Lady T.

2) Yes, I will be cleaning it up and reposting it.

3) Go ahead and make a PDF of it.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Imperial Overlord wrote:And that's it folks, I'm done.
Great story, and I'm hoping/begging for a sequel ;-)

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Hawkwings wrote:is this going into the cleaned up fanfics section?
It would get my vote :-)

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Imperial Overlord wrote:1) Exactly what happens at Ophilia can be found at Librium Arcana Lady T.
Just for that I signed up at LA. But what is the name of that fic?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

As always, I remain impressed by the quality of your work, IO. A more fitting end to In Memoria I could not have possibly conceived. I appreciated the reference to the 41k RPG there at the end, and the (sort of) cameo appearance by Kyra, my second favorite inquisitor in this fanfic.

Now that this is finished, do you plan on completing Maladar's tale, or shall you be taking a break from 40k for a while?
Enigma wrote:Just for that I signed up at LA. But what is the name of that fic?
It's called "The 41k RPG: Into the Eye" I believe. It remains tragically unfinished, however, and has been dead for over a year now.
"There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely." - Legion

"The machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only though the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the machine!" - Paullian Blantar, Iron Father of the Kaargul Clan, Iron Hands Chapter
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Bravo! Well done IO, a fitting end to a great fanfic!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

It's in the RPG section of Librium (in two different game threads and OOC thread).

First
http://libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=710

Second

http://libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1059

Glory to the resurrection of Nathan Talstrem, mourn the destruction of the Eternal Will, gnash your teeth as Petrosjko stops posting and the game ground to a halt! :wink:
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

Imperial Overlord wrote:mourn the destruction of the Eternal Will
I quite seriously hope that Novum offered Jolan some form of compensation for that travesty, as starships are not exactly easy to come by and there was no need for the Eternal Will to be destroyed. I imagine that Gix is now wishing he had the manpower to take Tormentium, no?

Meh. Perhaps my objectivity is clouded owing to the fact that I still like Gix the best out of the Adraxian cabal, but Jolan was the only inquisitor I really liked as a character in the 41k RPG. But that's Warhammer for you. :D
"There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely." - Legion

"The machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only though the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the machine!" - Paullian Blantar, Iron Father of the Kaargul Clan, Iron Hands Chapter
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Dominus wrote:
Imperial Overlord wrote:mourn the destruction of the Eternal Will
I quite seriously hope that Novum offered Jolan some form of compensation for that travesty, as starships are not exactly easy to come by and there was no need for the Eternal Will to be destroyed.
Yeah, some new gear. I wasn't a happy camper.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Hopefully that was just a down payment, and he'll be giving you a former Chaos Battleship to play with after you guys get stuck in the Eye.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Vehrec wrote:Hopefully that was just a down payment, and he'll be giving you a former Chaos Battleship to play with after you guys get stuck in the Eye.
Not exactly.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

What is different between 40K and 41K other than different millenia?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Enigma wrote:What is different between 40K and 41K other than different millenia?
The dates on the calenders change. Life still sucks.