The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Eighty One Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Re: The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Seventy Six Up

Post by Gil Hamilton »

What I find interesting is that if he's part of the same crew as Yahweh and the Morningstar, why then he swallowed Yahweh's "One Above Us All" bullshit. Yahweh pull an older brother "I'll give you this candy bar... if you be my slave for all eternity" trick on Uriel when he was at a REALLY impressionable age?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Jeremy
Jedi Master

Post by Jeremy »

Who is Ehlmas' mother and is/was Ehlmas weaker than Uriel?
• Only the dead have seen the end of war.
• "The only really bright side to come out of all this has to be Dino-rides in Hell." ~ Ilya Muromets
Deebles
Youngling

Post by Deebles »

You know, this whole story arc has one big problem: compared to what has to be the classic war story arc, it's entirely too plausible.
Gil Hamilton wrote:What I find interesting is that if he's part of the same crew as Yahweh and the Morningstar, why then he swallowed Yahweh's "One Above Us All" bullshit. Yahweh pull an older brother "I'll give you this candy bar... if you be my slave for all eternity" trick on Uriel when he was at a REALLY impressionable age?
I'm thinking entanglement (mindrape ftw!). EDIT: But then, it also seemed as if Yahweh himself even believed it. Maybe there's some outside faction who are even better at mind-manipulation than the people we've seen so far. EDIT 2:
Spoiler
Is Ehlmas the man behind the curtain? We already know he's good at entanglement... and there's evidence he was merely playing dumb/stoned, and that he may have escaped the nuke (faking one's death being a classic villainous gambit)
Last edited by Deebles on 2010-07-14 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Nematocyst
Padawan Learner

Post by Nematocyst »

Gil Hamilton wrote:What I find interesting is that if he's part of the same crew as Yahweh and the Morningstar, why then he swallowed Yahweh's "One Above Us All" bullshit. Yahweh pull an older brother "I'll give you this candy bar... if you be my slave for all eternity" trick on Uriel when he was at a REALLY impressionable age?
I bet Satan was the same when he was loyal. Until he got fed up with it.
Note how he also got his son to do the same.

So there are two non-Angelic beings:
Yahweh-class: massive wingless humanoids. Yahweh and Elhmas were this.
Uriel-class: massive jet black winged humanoids. Uriel and Satan were this. Fell in with the existing Angels just fine.

Sounds logic and understandable.
Jeremy wrote:Who is Ehlmas' mother and is/was Ehlmas weaker than Uriel?
Good question here. And I'd say Uriel was stronger.
And HUMANITY said: "it is our duty, not as men or women, not as black or white, but as HUMANS, to defend our species from utter annihilation and damnation. These Beings that for so long believed themselves masters of our destiny finally dropped their facade. HUMANITY will, as one, declare WAR on them. HUMANITY is master of its' own destiny. And we will fight to the last"
Arachnidus
Youngling

Post by Arachnidus »

Stuart wrote:
Arachnidus wrote: Then by that token, Stuart, would you consider Uriel to be an equivalent to Satan/Yah Yah or just a really powerful angel with a unique set of abilities?
A junior equivalent to (and family member of) Satan and Yahweh. That's why his abilities were apparently unique.
Then there CAN be more of "them". Huh. Wonder how many more are out there.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Uriel may have really disliked Satan to side with Yahweh, and once he did that, there's really no alternative since he seems to be the weakest of the three.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
StrikaAmaru
Youngling

Post by StrikaAmaru »

Negativedark wrote:[...]Can Thor get royalties from his comics and upcoming movie?
No, no, no.. that's not how copyright works. They didn't actually contribute to the movies, they didn't participate in any events described, they just had their names in. Thor and the rest of the Aesir wouldn't get more money out of it than Gen. Petraeus would for having his name in this story (*). Hell, they couldn't even probably sue for libel, things are just too far away from mythology.

What they could do, however, is to invite some talented poets over in Asgard for a while, and write The Aesir Edas. Or write them themselves. Then they definitely could cash in some checks.

[EDIT] Do I remember correctly, that the Aesir never actually claimed to be gods? I know that they were specifically said to not be naturally immortal, that their immortality was achieved by eating apples from... some garden.

(*) you are going to keep his real name, right, Stuart?
(youtube) Hate mail with Dawkins. American slurs + British accent = brain-breaking hilarity.
Think "I", therefore I am.
(from a dream of mine)
----
My name is Elizabeth; I use StrikaAmaru as handler, since it's impossible to log in just about anywhere with my name.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Nematocyst wrote: So there are two non-Angelic beings:
Uriel-class: massive jet black winged humanoids. Uriel and Satan were this. Fell in with the existing Angels just fine.

Wasn't Elhmas flying over the Incomparable Legion when it got a can o' sunshine opened up on it? How could he fly without wings?
impatrick4life
Youngling

Post by impatrick4life »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Nematocyst wrote: So there are two non-Angelic beings:

Wasn't Elhmas flying over the Incomparable Legion when it got a can o' sunshine opened up on it? How could he fly without wings?
Don't think it specifically said that IIRC.
ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
(1) Eric Clapton is God.
(2) Therefore, God exists.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Hm. I need to go back and check it. Could've sworn he was flying.

EDIT:

"The angel looked at him. One eye was clouded and blind, the other reddened and inflamed. "The mighty Elhmas, son of He Who Is Above All and leader of our host? He is back there, I think. He was over the column when the thing happened. He is part of the glass and the black rain. Our Eternal Father has no son any more." Then he pushed past Uxhalar and was lost in the shuffling column that wound past him."

"He was over the column" seems to heavily imply that he was flying.
Last edited by The Vortex Empire on 2010-07-14 01:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gogyra
Redshirt

Post by Gogyra »

Does it specifically mention somewhere that Yahweh is wingless?
impatrick4life
Youngling

Post by impatrick4life »

Gogyra wrote:Does it specifically mention somewhere that Yahweh is wingless?
I was thinking along those lines myself...
ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
(1) Eric Clapton is God.
(2) Therefore, God exists.
Erra
Youngling

Post by Erra »

Yeah, this whole concept of Ehlmas or Yahweh being wingless seems to have sprout out of no where with no actual basis in the story.
Pants?
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

"Over the column" could mean that Ellmas was simply watching the Incomparable Host from a vantage point or some sort of ride (if there is a Celestial equivalent to the Wyvern).

Interesting that Yahweh's body was being described as grey. I hope the SAS stop the angels from dumping the body, it'd be interesting to see what we can learn about him.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
CSJM
Padawan Learner

Post by CSJM »

Maybe he just turns grey when he dies, like Optimus Prime?

Though that might mean he'll invariably be resurrected...
Controller Sean 'Jaguar' Mirrsen
Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Grand Master RtD GM.
GM of Multiworld Madness, a Roll to Dodge epic.
GM of Space Whaler Escape!, a Roll to Dodge survival/skirmish.
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Erra wrote:Yeah, this whole concept of Ehlmas or Yahweh being wingless seems to have sprout out of no where with no actual basis in the story.
I was wondering where that came from. :D They both have (or had) wings.
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

Probably because Yahweh is classically depicted as a large male human with a long white beard (no wings).
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

CSJM wrote:Maybe he just turns grey when he dies, like Optimus Prime?

Though that might mean he'll invariably be resurrected...
So let's get the colors straight; Uriel and Satan both seem to be black (Uriel is described as being rather good looking, I don't think Satan was described in the same way. Wonder if Satan was born ugly or the same thing happened to him that happened to the Demons) and Yahweh is apparently grey (or white). Given that the demons' bodies deteriorate once they die, perhaps the same thing happened to Yahweh, or all the released energy just 'cooked' his flesh into a nice rare.
Akalabeth
Redshirt

Post by Akalabeth »

I think the decay thing was due to the fact they were in universe-1. The electric eel-like organ they've got to charge their tridents could sustain them in universe-1, preventing them from leaking energy like the second life humans did. That's how I remember it anyway; I don't think the fast rotting effect will happen in Heaven.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Stuart, what is the day in universe that Yahweh died and the war ended because that should be a celebration day that I wouldn't mind having in a fanfic.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

You mean the end of "major combat operations"... I half-hope.
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Darth Yan wrote:Stuart, what is the day in universe that Yahweh died and the war ended because that should be a celebration day that I wouldn't mind having in a fanfic.
July 14, 2010.
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Stuart wrote:
Darth Yan wrote:Stuart, what is the day in universe that Yahweh died and the war ended because that should be a celebration day that I wouldn't mind having in a fanfic.
July 14, 2010.
You couldn't make it July 4th? :-P
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
darksoul
Padawan Learner

Post by darksoul »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Stuart wrote:
July 14, 2010.
You couldn't make it July 4th? :-P
Don't push it. The British and Russians might not like it.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Hey, for the Brits it'd also let them celebrate both Yahweh's death AND the day they got us Americans to be nominally eternally indebted to the French. :P (Credit to its original poster on HPCA.)
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread