Ninth Chevron: ST/SG-1 Crossover

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:Need to find some point at which the TOS crew slipped time, and did it with the following equipment:

At least one Phaser Type II
At least one tricorder (science or medical)
At least one med-kit.

It should be an incident where they would either have no memory of visiting SG-1 or an incident which they declined to discuss later in canon.
Let them find the Quantum Mirror(QM) stashed some were in Trek(QM is a device designed to travel to other universes, developed by the Ancients mostlikely). By accidentally activating it they can be taken to the stargate universe.

Then you have the option of them apearing:
1) When SG1 initialy finds it
2) When the SG1 carts it back
3) Before the QM gets carted to Area 51
4) After the QM gets carded to Area 51.

(I'm fairly sure they didnt destroy the sucker, if not you can just handwave that away)

If you use #4, then you can have them apear as resent as you want.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

They haven't destroyed the QM. It would be unwise to try, as it's made of Naquadah, and judging from what happens when you blow up a stargate...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

NecronLord wrote:They haven't destroyed the QM. It would be unwise to try, as it's made of Naquadah, and judging from what happens when you blow up a stargate...
True :D

Using the QM would be better simply bcause you do not have to mash the 2 universe together.

Also it is very easy to activate the QM by accident , Danial Jackson did it by just touching the damn thing(might have fallen on the thing too)
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

Okay, kids -- I think I've got the plot frame nailed down with some help from a friend. Give me a few days to work on some rough stuff, and I'll get Chapter 1 posted by Wednesday... until then, be patient. You shall be "rewarded"... mua ha ha ha ha...!!!
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Okay, kids. Teaser is complete minus revision on Page 1. I need to know the appropriate info to fill in the <> bracketed items, and I need suggestions on visual/cinematic filler material (Gate Room descriptions, etc.)
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Nitpicks:

The Iris wouldn't be closed if the gate was not active. It is only closed when there is an offworld activation.

I don't think Teal'c would know that much about human physiology...

And the gate defense units are not part of SG teams, to my knowledge...
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Oh yeah, if the iris was closed they shouldn't have been able to rematerialize. How did they get through the iris? You'll have to hammer that out.
To Absent Friends

Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Dalton wrote:Nitpicks:

The Iris wouldn't be closed if the gate was not active. It is only closed when there is an offworld activation.
Address that in a minute.
I don't think Teal'c would know that much about human physiology...
I'll have to find a workaround for that. Don't he and O'Neill work out together or something? He must've figured out the deltoid=shoulder thing. I dunno, help me out. Spock caught one in the shoulder, but Teal'C is usually pretty precise in his speech.
And the gate defense units are not part of SG teams, to my knowledge...
That I'll definitely need more info on. I need to know who those guys are supposed to be. From what I remember of the show (and I've only seen a couple handfuls of eps) whenever there's an offworld activation, a bunch of guys with guns file in, but I don't think we ever heard who those guys are.

Regarding the Iris passthrough and Gate inactivity... I need to do some revision. The Gate definitely does not activate, but the alarms are tripped anyway.

This refers back to the plotframe I talked about with you, D -- the BoP passes through a hot-spot during the slingshot maneuver. SG-1 does a time travel Gate passage, and the solar flare they use corresponds (somehow) to that hot-spot the BoP passes through.

The offworld activation that sets off the alarms in the teaser is a reflection of SG-1's offworld activation to return from the time-travel assignment. Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Dr. Taylor, on the other hand, are pulled back along with the offworld activation signal, and... hmm. This is more complicated than I thought.

Okay -- two ways I can go:

1. The Iris is open. The offworld activation alarm sounds, but the gate doesn't activate. Everyone figures, glitch in the system. Then four event horizons flash inside the gate, throwing the TOS characters out one at a time.

2. The Iris is closed, but the computers receive SG-1's "reflected" IDC and the Iris opens. TOS characters are thrown onto the ramp. This really upsets everyone, because SG-1 is on base and can't possibly have sent the signal.

Your call, guys.
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:
2. The Iris is closed, but the computers receive SG-1's "reflected" IDC and the Iris opens. TOS characters are thrown onto the ramp. This really upsets everyone, because SG-1 is on base and can't possibly have sent the signal.

Your call, guys.
I'd go with that option, it has happened in the show before and they did open the iris, albeit with large defence teams standing by.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Yes, I agree with Luke.
To Absent Friends

Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Okay, check out the revisions so far; I think you'll like them. I'm still pretty sure the Gate Defense Teams are composed of Marines, but I'll check that shortly. In the meantime, anyone got suggestions for the detention/interrogation scenes?