You Know My Name: A Tale of Gotham Nights

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

... I go away for four days, four. And this happens. You spew out vast amounts of material. Excellent material. Quite the read. Plus there was a Spider-Man reference in their, which was amusing.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Vehrec wrote:I'll bite. How did Steph come back from the dead? And will she celebrate her return by taking Cass shopping?
Stephanie's return is probably a result of the combined efforts of Doctor Excess (the "doctor of human potential" who also creates the partial antidote to Smylex used by Athena) and the Mad Hatter (with his expertise in human brain waves). An earlier outline went into more detail, which included the XYZ in the explanation, but ultimately it was cut as not contributing enough to the story to justify its inclusion.

There was also, as it happens, a scene sketched out with a short encounter between Batgirl and Red Riding Hood immediately before "Hips Don't Lie"/"You Know My Name," with Cass being shocked at recognizing Steph's body language. The effect would have required more set-up to convey properly, and probably would have upset the pace of the story, so it too was cut.
Crazedwraith wrote:... I go away for four days, four. And this happens. You spew out vast amounts of material. Excellent material. Quite the read. Plus there was a Spider-Man reference in their, which was amusing.
The Spider-Man reference was wholly valid. The Batman has crossed paths with Spider-Man on several occasions (and Spider-Man is more than willing to point out the inherent absurdity of a man dressed as a bat not having a sense of humor). It is also a canonical fact that Robin has kissed Jubilee (this while he was dating Ariana Dzerchenko).

Similarly, Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Machine were entirely valid hypertime references, even if the same cannot be said for some of the others like Veronica Mars, Jack Ryan, and Nero Wolfe.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world