Among the Naked Stars (Star Trek AU)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Sidewinder wrote:Overall, a good story. But will there be an epilogue showing how the Lancer, her crew, and her prisoners will be received by the Klingon High Command in their universe? Or how Admiral Ross will deal with the fallout from the destruction of so many Starfleet vessels?
The next story will deal with Lancer's fate. Ross is left with mystery, a Klingon ship that appears, kills, and vanishes never to be seen again. Eventually the possibility that Lancer was from a parallel universe will be considered and accepted as the most likely explanation for the incidents. Starfleet will suck down the loss, having endured much worse from the Dominion and the Borg.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Janeway incinerated by the same type of weaponry she used on a certain array long ago and far away?

Delicious :twisted:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

I seem to recall tricolbot weapons aren't effective against shielded ships. I don't rember where I got that idea though.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

dragon wrote:I seem to recall tricolbot weapons aren't effective against shielded ships. I don't rember where I got that idea though.
Even if so, Lancer's Alpha Strike obliterated Tycho's forward shields before the drones were inbound to finish the job :wink:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Spiral Jacobs
Redshirt

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Burak Gazan wrote:Janeway incinerated by the same type of weaponry she used on a certain array long ago and far away?

You could argue that Lanceder did Starfleet a favour, true they also killed off a competant Captain, small price to pay to get rid of Janeway though.

I wonder how Chuckashtray will deal deal with the loss of his true love.
I think it's about time we evened up the average!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

dragon wrote:I seem to recall tricolbot weapons aren't effective against shielded ships. I don't rember where I got that idea though.
Tricobaltg devices first show up in TOS "A Taste for Armaggedon" where they are strongly implied to be a form of nuclear weapon (and in the 60s, the theoretical cobalt bomb with extra nasty long lasting nuclear fallout was one of the scary ideas been kicked around. Tricobalt, three times the scariness. Bugga bugga! You get the point). Nukes definitely work on shields.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Spiral Jacobs wrote:
Burak Gazan wrote:Janeway incinerated by the same type of weaponry she used on a certain array long ago and far away?

You could argue that Lanceder did Starfleet a favour, true they also killed off a competant Captain, small price to pay to get rid of Janeway though.

Nothing since He's boinking 7.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Enigma wrote:
Spiral Jacobs wrote:

Nothing since He's boinking 7.
I thought everyone from Janeway on down but Kim was! :lol:
Image Image
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

great story, perfect way to wrap it up. I assume that Kai Kassai means something like All Hail (insert victorious warrior) or something to that effect

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Kartr_Kana wrote:great story, perfect way to wrap it up. I assume that Kai Kassai means something like All Hail (insert victorious warrior) or something to that effect
Almost exactly that. Kai means "Hail", kassai adds emphasis. Where a Starfleet officer might say "well done" a Klingon one might say "kai the helm."