My first fanfic...

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Understood, but I've never seen anything said about it on-screen. It one of those things where common sense tells you it has to be happening, but you've got nothing else to go by.

It would also be dramatically heroic if some worthy Starfleet Engineer figured out a way to jury-rig a self-destruct that the Borg didn't detect in time. Replicated chemical explosives on a timer around the AM containment would probably work.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

We saw the Borg move to disarm a torpedo in that one with the Borg Probe Ship, I think it was the one where they go after a transwarp coil, I suppose it would be expected that the Borg would move to disable a self destruct. Although you'd think there'd be some sort of anti-piracy software on board to prevent it from happening... :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

consequences wrote:Understood, but I've never seen anything said about it on-screen. It one of those things where common sense tells you it has to be happening, but you've got nothing else to go by.

It would also be dramatically heroic if some worthy Starfleet Engineer figured out a way to jury-rig a self-destruct that the Borg didn't detect in time. Replicated chemical explosives on a timer around the AM containment would probably work.
Hey, don't go spoiling future chapters for everyone here. :wink:
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Haha, fear my mad psychic skills :D
*small voice* okay,I'll stop now