Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:I moved this to the SW vs ST forum and back to the Fanfic forum to get rid of the shadow topic.

Grr...
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:I moved this to the SW vs ST forum and back to the Fanfic forum to get rid of the shadow topic.

Grr...
Although I appreciate what you did GAT, WHAT exactly does that mean? :?:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Ha Lire
Youngling
Location: The poor guy's in the middle of outer space. Pick him up please.

Post by Ha Lire »

Stravo wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:

Grr...
Although I appreciate what you did GAT, WHAT exactly does that mean? :?:
Ha Lire still sees the shadow topic. =P
Ha Lire has decided to post in third-person untill he is a padawan. He hopes you have a nice day. He also asks you not to taunt him. You may also kick him if he messes it up.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Next Luke may ask Kirk what does he think he is tryingh to do to his sister?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
ViciousMink
Youngling

Post by ViciousMink »

It's worse than that. At this point, Luke and Leia don't know that they're siblings....
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

ViciousMink wrote:It's worse than that. At this point, Luke and Leia don't know that they're siblings....

:twisted:

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Stravo wrote:
ViciousMink wrote:It's worse than that. At this point, Luke and Leia don't know that they're siblings....

No. I know you're not thinking what I know you're thinking. NO WAY.
JADAFETWA
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

IG-88E wrote:
Stravo wrote:

No. I know you're not thinking what I know you're thinking. NO WAY.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

OH, SHIT!!!! *bangs head on wall* NO, NO, NO!!!! Stravo's lost it!
JADAFETWA
willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

::LOL::

Oh, boy... Well, here's to a faceless Imperial soldier by the name of Han. ::tosses back shot::

Any hints on when / where the Shadow Fleet is going to strike again? :wink:
"Fleet admirals have it made. They only have to worry about the success of their subordinates, their Moff, and guys whose name beings with Lord."
-Captain Seledrood (deceased)
"Iron within! Iron without!"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Hahaha, I KNEW Leia had the Falcon!!!

On another point, very good chapter, and do I see a smiliarity between Andor and Endor?...Or was that just something that happened?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Thought I would sneak this one in right before the weekend. I hope you enjoy it....

Chapter 24: Where Angels Fear Tread Part 1

Nemesis floated serenely in his meditation chamber. He was alone in the cool darkness. He ignored the part of him that wished that Mara was with him. He missed her eyes, the way they regarded him with a confused mix of anger suspicion and growing attraction. Those thoughts were shoved away like so much flotsam into the void of his mind.

His thoughts were focused on a search.

His will was loose, moving through the stars like a predator, stalking among worlds, silently creeping through nebula. He would find his prey, the dark side was not be denied. There was no one left to hide them, no one that could oppose his will. The last of the Jedi was gone.

“Why wish you become Jedi, hmmm?”

“Mostly because of my father.”

“Father? Hmmm..powerful Jedi was he…POWERFUL Jedi.”

He flashed through a binary system, passing over a barren lifeless world. Only mounds of fine yellowish sand and harsh granite mountains.

“You know I think my eyes are getting better, instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.”

“You’re not missing much, I used to live here you know.”

“You’re going to die here, you know. Real convenient.”

He paused. This was not a memory.

“Always in motion is the future.”

He continued, feeling the light pulling him close, calling to him now. He was very close. He passed through a maelstrom of comets in a thick cloud of primordial gases. He could feel it moving now relative to him and his eyes pierced the interstellar distances.

“Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.”

He froze at the cold reptilian voice. It was so close. Closer than he had ever felt it. Why?

Suddenly he found looking at a man he had never seen before. Light blue skin and red eyes, red like blood glowing in the darkness, a pressed white uniform, so white it hurt to look at it.

“Lord Darth Nemesis I presume.”

The stranger was lost in a whirl of fire and smoke and he was thrown clear into another dark void where he heard a soft singing, like a child’s.

“This one a long time have I watched.”

“Something about this place…like something out of a dream.”

“Always looking away, never his mind on where he was…”

“If there’s a bright center to the universe, you’re on the planet that it’s farthest from.”

“I hate the sand.” Something about that voice.

“What he was doing.”

“This is Red Five I’m going in.”

“Master Qui Gon told me to stay in this cockpit and that’s what I’m going to do.”

The singing stopped and he heard a soft voice speak in the shadows.

“Must they be separated?” the sorrow was palpable and there was something soothing in the voice, but there was steel there as well. Why did he think of Leia when he heard this voice?

“It is for the good of us all, senator.” he KNEW that voice. The lying one, the old wizard without honor.

Then he felt her. Closer than ever, close enough to touch and his eyes locked on the light. It was sailing through the stars like an angel. He approached.

“Why are you moving Leia? Where are you going?” he asked softly.

His vision focused on her, she was standing in the void moving quickly, stars flashing around her. She was not alone. He stood in the center of a swarm of fireflies, they were all moving as one through the darkness, racing to a destination. He looked around himself, bathed in their eerie light. They flashed by intent on their target.

“Where are you going?” he asked. She seemed to hear him and turned her head slightly. She was so beautiful. He wanted no harm to come to her.

“You will have to kill them all. They lied to you, they tried to forge you into a weapon of patricide. Their fear ruled them and in their fear they made you hate your own blood. They all must be made to pay.” the cold voice whispered to him as he stood before the throne, his father at his side, the hand still fresh, he kept clutching it reflexively, uncertain that it could be real. It felt like his old hand. His father’s hand on his shoulder. His father’s black gauntleted mechanical hand. Like mine.

“She never lied to me.” he thought to himself, they would all pay, the lying old wizard, the half crazed Jedi master in his awful muck encrusted world, the leaders of the Alliance that used him like a puppet. Everyone but her.

He held on to this through all the training, throughout his descent into anger and darkness. Her face always hovered just within reach.

“Aren’t you a little short to be a stormtrooper?”

“Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.”

“Who is she, she’s beautiful.”

He paused, realization slowly dawning as the swarm of light shifted vectors and closed in on a world, a harsh arid world. A world firmly in control of the Empire.

“You don’t dare!” he hissed and snapped out of his meditative trance. He dropped down from his floating position and his bare feet slapped against the cold metallic floor as he raced to the comlink. He punched the combutton.

“Admiral Kittaine!”

“My Lord?” The Admiral’s face flashed up on the screen.

“Have the Adjudicator, Executioner and Inexorable jump to hyperspace immediately. Tell them to set course for Vulcan!” he snapped.

“Immediately my lord.” Kittaine replied without hesitation and began issuing the recall orders for the fighters and shuttles.

“No Admiral! Do not issue recall orders, just tell them to jump NOW.”

“But My lord, they will need their full fighter complements, it is standard procedure.”

“Admiral if the triumvirate is not in hyperspace by the time I come up on the bridge you will be replaced…permanently.”

Kittaine swallowed softly.

“At once My lord.”

The screen winked out and Nemesis cursed to himself. Damn them. Damn Starfleet. Didn’t they know when they were beaten?

“All systems are go. We have a lock on Vulcan’s nav beacon. Picking up a single Imperial warship tentatively identified as the Relentless, also picking up a fleet of Romulan warbirds, tentatively identified as the 47th Tactical fleet.” Data reported.

“One of the elite Romulan fleets, they butchered the Dominion in the few engagements they were in.” Riker warned Kirk.

Kirk nodded. He glanced down at the tactical display on the armrest of his command chair. It certainly beat leaning over to look at the display by Sulu’s station back on his old ship. Sulu was at the helm, Chekov at the navigational station. It was comforting. His men had been trained for their stations with the new displays over the last two days. He would not go into battle without these men.

“Send to commanders of tow wing, have them drop out of warp and deliver their payload.”

“Acknowledged.”

Even Uhura was at her post. Kirk suspected that no one wanted to say no to a request from his crew to take their traditional station even though this was not his ship. He could feel the ship’s power rattling slightly in the frame of his chair. It was not the same as his Enterprise, where the deck plates creaked with each warp factor, this ship was far more solid.

A dozen starships dropped out of warp, their tractor beams immediately winked off and their payloads slowly coasted through space at a set speed and trajectory. The starships immediately went back to warp, eager to stay with the rest of the fleet. One of the ships, a Nebula had a large painted message on its sensor pod. THE FEDERATION LIVES. At this point, even the Captains were quietly giving permission to the men to do as they wished with the signs.

“Payloads delivered.” Riker reported proudly. So far the fleet was gelling together like clockwork, despite the fact that they were currently comprised of a hodge podge of three different fleets. Kirk had drilled them mercilessly over the last two days, and word had it that the engineering staff was completely exhausted but exhilarated. They felt like they were finally accomplishing something.

“Time to attack?”

“One minute, sixteen seconds.”

“Spock?”

“All systems are nominal. The Relentless has picked us up on her scanners, they are going to red alert, I am detecting fighters scrambling.”

“Alert all commands, deploy our own fighters.” Kirk ordered.

Riker nodded and inputted the command codes. Along the wall of moving ships, hangar bays opened and Delta Flyers and Runabouts suddenly swarmed out in organized wings.

“Picking up tachyon emissions, I believe that there are more Romulan ships cloaked in near orbit, perhaps another wing at least.” Spock warned.

“Makes the party much more interesting. Signal the Reckless Hope, they are to crash the party as scheduled as soon as we transmit relevant telemetry.”

Riker nodded. This was a different command style then Picard’s. Kirk’s mind was working on several levels at once yet focused on the overall goal. There was a quiet confidence from him that put Riker’s mind at ease. Despite the fact that they were going right into the teeth of Imperial defenses.

“Picking up heavy weapons fire from the Relentless.” Spock glanced up at Kirk with some alarm. “They are heavily saturating the space of our entry point with heavy fire.”

“We adapt our plans Mr. Spock, we come out on the far side of Vulcan.”

“Captain, we don’t know what’s on the far side of Vulcan.” Riker warned.

“I do know what’s waiting for us at the insertion point.” Kirk countered.

The fleet continued on and emerged from warp space on the far side of Vulcan. Hundreds of starships wheeled around and released a devastating volley of fire all concentrated on the warbirds nearest them. They erupted in a storm of dying warp cores, plasma clouds expanded outward.

The fleet quickly formed up into attack wings, the fighters moving out in aggressive pincer like formations.

“Relentless is slowly turning to engage, her weapons fire however is switching to us quickly.”

“She looks hurt.” Riker noted.

Kirk nodded slowly watching the massive warship turn slowly, one of her large engine nozzles was completely dark and the other two were flickering strongly as she moved. Green turbolaser bolts streaked from her numerous turrets which were swinging around and acquiring the fleet far faster than he had anticipated.

“Let’s get into the action, wings 4 and 6, begin attack on Romulan left flank, fighter wings gamma and theta move in support, keep their fighters away from our big guns. Galaxy wings commence long range attack on Relentless.”

“Acknowledged.”

“Copy that Enterprise.”

“Spock, do we have a clear picture of the battlefield?”

“Yes sir, I have the site locked in.”

“Uhura, tight beam transmission to the Reckless Hope, tell them to standby on my command.”

“Yes sir.”

“Captain, a wing of warbirds is coming around from the other side of Vulcan. They are engaging rear elements.” Riker reported.

“Have rear guard elements engage, detach the Venture and the Farragut from our Galaxy wings for support.” Kirk glanced at his tactical display, noting the quiet ballet unfolding as ships began moving in intricate patterns to his plan. The Romulans were collapsing around them quickly.

“I see they haven’t changed their tactics much in a hundred years.” Kirk mused softly.

“Sir?” Riker asked.

“They’re using a variation of the Typhon englobement, I hear that they even used this type of strategy back during the Earth-Romulan war. It works wonders but when you know it’s coming…” he paused. “Uhura, signal the Reckless Hope. All Sovereign and Nebula wings, target lead elements in sector 1138.”

The fleet elements engaged the Romulans closing the englobement, walls of torpedo and phaser fire exploded among the lead elements of the Romulan wing. Warbirds exploded under the withering assault, as they tried to regroup, the Reckless Hope, guided in by the precise telemetry from the Enterprise, flashed into position directly in the center of the reforming lines. Her weapons fire rained down on the Romulan fleet elements as Rogue squadron raced through the hole and began engaging smaller Romulan ships with proton torpedoes.

“Okay, they now have to make a decision, continue the englobement, or try to drive the Reckless Hope off before our lines can get through their defensive perimeter.”

Riker watched Kirk’s mind at work, his eyes casually drifted down to the strange object clipped to his belt. The silver handle gleamed softly. When asked about it, Kirk shrugged and said it was a lightsaber. Whatever it was, the Alliance troops and pilots seem to react differently to it. they seemed to respect Kirk more, sit up straighter, many began looking on him as many in the Federation fleet did. Whatever this lightsaber was, it worked wonders for the Alliance morale. many had privately told Riker that they had little hope the Federation would survive for much longer, now they kept asking him who Kirk was.

“While they’re deciding,” Kirk glanced over at Spock.. “What’s the status of Falcon 1?”

“They have begun to enter the atmosphere of Vulcan and are beginning their descent to the target area.” Spock reported.

“Whoa!” Tom Paris exclaimed as the Millennium Falcon bounced hard on an air pocket. Chewbacca seated next to him grumbled something as he adjusted a few switches.

“You know, the universal translator works now, I KNOW what you said.” Tom replied tartly.

Chewie barked something obscene.

“Yeah, well no one told you to come along!” Tom retorted. Chewie turned to reply when his eyes widened and he jabbed a big hairy paw at the cockpit window. Tom turned and his own eyes widened. The Falcon was descending fast, right into the path of a weather station suspended on antigravity beams.

Tom yanked the controls hard and the Falcon skimmed by the surface of the station and continued down to the planet surface, the Vulcan capital was looming up on the screen. White puffs were appearing far off to their starboard. At first they seemed like clouds but they were far more ominous.

“My word, those look like plasma bursts.” Threepio commented as he stuck his head into the cockpit.

“You’re perceptive. Those are planetary defense batteries.” Tom clicked a comlink button. At least he thought it was a comlink button. In fact pressure dropped in the starboard plasma conduit sending an alarm signal buzzing incessantly in the cockpit. Chewie snorted and switched it off.

“There’s a lot of buttons and switches in here. If you had a computer interface or an ergonomic cockpit, maybe these mistakes wouldn’t happen.” Tom replied slightly embarrassed as he flipped the right switch.

“Mr. Scott, is the cloak working? We’re getting some planetary defense fire up here, that tells me that they at least suspect we’re inbound.”

“Lad, this cloak is nearly a hundred years out of date, even with Spock and my calibrations, military sensors are going to pick something up.” Scotty replied.

“You’re a comfort.”

“Sir, if I may be so bold, perhaps if you attended more of the briefings over the last few days, this would not be an issue for you.” Threepio suggested helpfully.

Tom turned his head back and glared at the protocol droid.

“You know…I DON’T like you.” Tom spat and turned his attention back to the flight. The Falcon’s steep descent leveled off now as they approached the city low and fast. The puffs of plasma bursts were slowly marching down to them.

“They have a bead on our position, they’re adjusting fire AND it looks like Wedge was right, the Impies have set up plasma anti air batteries around key sites.” Tom muttered.

Chewie reported something as he adjusted engine power and began cycling transporter controls. It was a new system installed on the Falcon and Chewie knew that the Falcon was never thrilled about having anything new installed. Scotty nearly had a fit when he was first shown the inner workings of the Falcon. Aside from being a little overwhelmed by some of the systems he was unfamiliar with, he was astounded at the amount of cross wiring and modifications. Scotty even pointed out that some of the power leads were feeding through the same junction into seventeen different systems. A military grade shield generation was cross wired with a black market sensor network, junctioned to the waste reclamation network. Scotty stated quite seriously that he did not think the falcon would fly.

He was very nearly right.

When the transporter was first installed the Falcon’s hypermatter reactor went into an uncontrolled scram. The second time they brought it online, everything shorted out and they nearly fried the sensor net. Third time was the charm, but Chewie was watching everything, because he knew that when things got hairy, no one had a CLUE what the amalgamation of Starfleet technology and the Falcon’s systems would do.

“Transporter is online.” Scotty reported. The plan had called for the transporter to be controlled by Chewie or Tom at the moment of truth. After installation, Scotty insisted that he be along for the ride. As they crossed into the city under an increasing cloud of fire, Tom was thankful for Scotty’s foresight. The falcon began shaking.

“Chewie, I’m going to try and take us lower, keep the facility sighted, we’re going to need to get right over it if we’re to overcome the transporter scattering field.” Tom stated as he eased the Falcon down, mindful of the responsiveness of the craft. When he was first shown the ship Tom nearly guffawed. He had seen decommissioned Ore freighters with more grace. When he first flew her, only the Delta Flyer was more responsive, and now after more hours in the cockpit, he realized that this ungainly beast could probably out fly any ship in the Federation.

Chewie noted with some approval how low Tom took them. The Falcon’s belly was nearly scraping over low rise buildings and they kept underneath the descending cloud of plasma flak. The facility was just growing on the horizon, the main science center of all of Vulcan.

Chewie noted something and his eyes narrowed on the warning display. He barked a warning and the Falcon shook violently as green laser bolts snapped by them.

“Fighters?! They vectored in fighters?” Tom snapped the right com switch. “Wes, it’s your show.”

“I’m on it, Tom. As you’re fond of saying in this galaxy, I got your back.”

“Scotty, this cloak is officially a stinker.” Tom added.

“Without this cloak lad, we would have been scrap back a few hundred kilometers during our descent. Now stop whining and fly this ship while I tend to our coming guests.” Scotty replied.

The guns of the Falcon came to life, Wes Janson was in the dorsal gun bay, and he swung the quad laser cannons over at the two pursuing TIE fighters. They were obviously not clear on where the Falcon was. The fighters were firing down a blind pattern in the hopes of hitting the Falcon.

Wes carefully lines up his shots, he knew that if he started spraying blindly, the TIEs would simply lock in on his weapon signature. He needed to preserve his advantage as long as possible.

His first shot was right on the money. The TIE disappeared in a cloud of fire and debris. The second TIE quickly peeled away and took cover behind some buildings as they continued their flight down one of Vulcan’s promenades. He could see crowds slowly gathering along the streets and people standing on roof tops to see the battle unfolding in the stars above, oblivious to their own mission.

“Okay Artoo, time for you to do your stuff.” Tom ordered with a grin. He was getting the hang of this as he sent the Falcon pirouetting over a steep embankment that led into a crevice. A long spindly bridge spanned the crevice, considered a landmark of the capital, the bridge stood since the time of Surak. Tom sent the Falcon spinning around the bridge in a spiral. Chewie eyed the young Federation pilot.

He grunted something. Tom did not look away but a soft smile came to his lips.

“Thanks, Chewie, couldn’t do this without you buddy.” He replied.

“Tom, we got more fighters inbound, as well as Vulcan atmospheric shuttles. Do we have permission to fire on the Vulcan craft?”

Tom blinked for a moment. He had not been told what the rules of engagement were on Vulcans. He decided that there was no other choice.

“Wes, hit 'em if you have to.”

“Roger that.”

Artoo beeped a long string of tones.

“Artoo says that he has penetrated the Vulcan science facility’s mainframe and is trying to bring down the scattering field.”

“Never mind that, what about the targets?”

Artoo whistled a short reply.

“He says that they are just all returning from a briefing. Interior scanners account for all of them,” a short sing songy snort from Artoo. “As well as six more life readings that are most likely Imperial troops.”

“The more the merrier.” Tom replied as the Falcon crossed a large open park. A plasma cannon squatted in the center of the park.

“Oh my g-“

The plasma cannon began firing laying down a thick flak nearly on top of itself and the Falcon nearly shook itself apart as some of the blasts exploded directly in the Falcon’s path. There was no time to do anything but Tom grit his teeth and sent the Falcon through the thick cloud of plasma.

The Enterprise shook from more heavy fire as the Relentless advanced in support of its Romulan allies.

“Galaxy wing 27 reports heavy damage, they’re requesting to remain in position to clear the retreat of attack wing 4.”

“Tell Galaxy wing 27 to fall back, it’s time to release the hounds.”

“Aye sir.” Riker replied with a grin.

From the center of the fleet a horde of small starships suddenly leapt forward and raced away from the main fleet formation. They were a mix of Steamrunners, Sabers and Defiant class ships making their way through the shattered Romulan lines and attacking all targets of opportunity, their small size and speed their greatest asset at this point. A wing of the smaller ships, led by several Defiants made a direct attack run on the Relentless.

Sovereigns reigned supreme on the Federation left flank, decimating any Romulan warbirds that dared challenge the Federation left. On the right, The Galaxy’s anchored that line, taking withering fire from the Relentless and the Romulans, but they were holding. The center stood strong, the smaller ships congregated near the center, waiting to exploit opportunities that only the big ships could open. As soon as a hole opened in the Romulan lines, a wing of the ‘hounds’ screamed through the hole and attacked the Romulan rear and flanks.

The Relentless continued closing on the Federation fleet, firing into the lines. The incoming wing of small craft suddenly began attacking the stardestroyer along the areas with least weapons coverage as the rebel pilots had trained them. The Defiants in particular bobbed and wove their way through the Relentless’ superstructure, firing their pulsed phasers in unison at the ship and unloading with quantum torpedoes.

The attack runs were having their desired effect as the Relentless was forced to divert some of its staggering firepower to the small gnats swarming around her.

“Relentless attack wing, this is the Reckless Hope, we’re picking up shield fluctuations along the tower. Concentrate what attacks you can on the tower.”

“Copy that Reckless Hope.”

Kirk watched as a Nebula slowly dropped out of fleet formation, it’s starboard nacelle gone and part of its sensor pod sheared away by turbolaser fire. An Excelsior class ship erupted into a small sun on the lower right flank as a small wedge of fighters and TIE Bombers flashed by.

“Have reserve fighter squadron Epsilon drop off and engage the fighters in our midst. Bring the Tac fighters in closer, tell them to concentrate their attacks on Romulan squadron 12 and 14. Have Captain Jesen fall back to cover the Tac Fighters.”

“Aye sir.”

“Sir, Falcon 1 reports they are in position.”

“Tell them to commence operations.” Kirk glanced up at the screen as a Galaxy class ship, heavily damaged, most of her saucer section on fire and port side nacelle reduced to a flaming wreck, rammed into a warbird that was trying to outflank her. Both ships exploded, but the blast wave and debris caught several more warbirds that were moving to exploit the breech.

“The Romulan fleet is beginning to pull back to the Relentless’ position.” Riker glanced up at Kirk, smile on his face. “They’re going into a defensive stance.”

“We need to exploit that immediately, this battle is for nothing if we don’t inflict more casualties, have reserve wings 9 and 10 commence immediate attack on the retreating Romulan elements, I want more fire brought to bear on the Relentless.”

“Sir, receiving tight beamed transmission from Princess Leia.”

“On screen.”

“Captain, we’re picking up fluctuations from the Relentless’ shield grid. She is more heavily damaged than we thought, we can press our advantage now.”

“Not yet, princess. This was not exactly what I had in mind.”

Leia looked confused.

“They’re shields are failing, we can take her down.” she stressed.

“I understand that, now follow my orders and have the Reckless Hope commence immediate attacks on the Relentless but withhold Rogue squadron, I need them to provide the fleet with a fighter screen.”

“Understood.” Leia replied, uncertain about this strategy. Someone warned her of something right before the transmission was to cut out. Leia turned back to the screen in alarm.

“Jim, we’re picking up multiple hyperspace emergence signatures. It looks like-“

Three stardestroyers emerged from hyperspace directly behind the Federation fleet. They exited hyperspace firing, their turbolaser fire rippling up the line of Federation ships, dozens exploded in waves.

“We have Imperial ships in our rear!” Riker exclaimed.

“Reorient fleet elements, attack vector sigma-Kirk. I want the Sovereigns front and center, tell the hounds to continue their attacks on the Relentless.”

“Sir, we’re receiving a signal from the Stardestroyer Adjudicator demanding that we stand down and surrender.” Uhura reported as fighters began to disgorge from the stardestroyers.

“Give them this message Uhura. From commander of Federation Task Force to commander of Imperial invasion fleet. Nuts.”

Sulu hid the smirk on his face. Riker’s face was twisted in confusion.

“Aye sir.” Uhura replied with a smile.

“Captain, we’re under heavy attack, I recommend immediate withdrawal to position 3 and cover the fleet as we go to warp. We did not count on facing four stardestroyers.” Riker whispered to Kirk as the fleet began to quickly reorient itself to Kirk’s new found orders. No one complained, or asked why. They simply did as they were told, confident that James Kirk would pull them through.

Kirk smiled at Riker.

“That’s where you’re wrong, number One, this is precisely what I’ve been waiting for.”

Riker blinked.

“What?”

Kirk frowned slightly as more starships exploded under the horrible fire of the stardestroyers.

“The only question becomes, can we hold the line long enough?”

“Woo Hoo!” Tom exclaimed and dodged another laser blast from a pursuing TIE fighter as they flashed between two enormous buildings on final approach to their objective. Chewie was busy keeping track of the various systems that needed an eye on them as they prepared for the most difficult part of their mission.

“Are they still there Artoo?”

Artoo whistled his reply.

“Artoo says that the Imperial security net has locked them in the main chamber.”

“Excellent, keep up the good work Wes! Scotty, it’s just about your turn to shine.”

“Ready.”

“This is going to get hairy in a second Chewie.” Tom glanced at his copilot for a moment. “No offense.” Chewie smirked. “We’re going to have to drop the cloak to start transporting.” The falcon roared over a weapons emplacement recently built on one of the science center’s observation towers. Tom frowned. “And they’re going to be able to get a good bead on us for a few seconds. So let’s try to keep this thing together.”

Chewie growled something as he began working some switched over his left side.

“Angle the deflectors? You can do that?”

Chewie went into a brief explanation as the Falcon finally coasted over the science center.

“Sir! Artoo has managed to disrupt the scattering field.”

“Well then, we’re in business.” Tom pulled a switch to his right and the Falcon suddenly shimmered into view hovering over the science center.

“Scotty, you’re a go!”

“What about the shields?”

“Chewie angled the deflectors to allow you to transport but still keep us covered.”

“Commencing transport.”

Suddenly the Falcon lurched to starboard with two hammer like blows that drove Tom into the cockpit’s side and Chewie howled in despair as the Falcon lurched again with another pair of hammer like blows.

“Defensive batteries aren’t wasting any time!” Tom exclaimed.

“Keep it still up there, I’m trying to energize the transporter.” Scotty shouted.

Another pair of hammer like blows and sparks jumped from one of the controls over Tom’s head.

A flashing caught his eyes.

“What’s that flashing?” he asked pointing to the warning light. Chewie slapped his hand away and howled something as he desperately got up and started flicking banks of switched to his left.

“That’s not good.” Tom replied and stared out the window as the defensive battery prepared to fire again.

“I’m having a problem with the transporter!” Scotty yelled.

Tom shook his head.

“It never rains but it pours.”

“Oh my, this is getting dangerous.” Threepio exclaimed in dismay.

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

FIRST ONE!!! wHOOO HOOOO!!!

Now to Read............

man.....can't wait to see what Kirk is going to do.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

WOO HOO!

"Nuts."

That's a beautiful touch, Stavro. Good job.
"Fleet admirals have it made. They only have to worry about the success of their subordinates, their Moff, and guys whose name beings with Lord."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Agreed. Excellent reference to Bastogne. Good one to THX, too.

I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. Keep up the good work, Stravo.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Stab Stab STAB the first one(Thanks for not warning me Stravo! :D)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

After reading...

Mmmmmmmm fanfic....

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

BOY! Everyone really liked the "Nuts" line. I really thought about putting it in there or not right up to when I was about to hit the submit button because I was afraid folks would think it was too hokey. I've always thought that was one of the high points of WWII.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Bean, sorry about that... :wink:

willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

Kirk's message - "Nuts"

Admiral Kittaine - "Nuts... What is nuts?"

Where's Patton when you need him? - "A man that eloquent needs to be saved."

And what about that Shadow Fleet? :D
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Incredible...

Good reference (or rather, homage) to the Battle of the Bulge.

Please don't kill off the Relentless! After watching that ship take beating after beating and yet coming through, I've grown kind of attached to it.
JADAFETWA
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Oh, I cannot believe I missed the reference to Brave New World, the first time around. Sorry, Stravo. Should have caught that one.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

After seeing your post before reading the chapter, it was pretty easy to find BNW references.
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Over at ASVS a couple of the guys have pointed out that Kirk seems unbeatable in the story and that I have given him character shields above and beyond his normal level. I am curious as to whether anyone else here agrees with that sentiment as I have tried my best to balance out everything in the stories, the warsies may not be happy because the Federation is still kicking around, the Trekkies may be unhappy because the Feds haven't won any victories and keep losing and running, (Although I have to admit I haven't recieved a single crttique by a Trekkie yet, I wonder if they're reading this?)

I'm sensitive to these valid critiques, Kirk and Luke have always been my favorite characters in both series and I just want to make sure that alot of that favortism hasn't made reading this story a little fanboyish.

Just a thought.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Kirk, prehaps he should get a bit of a flesh wound.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Unleash the Thrawn and Kirk's Charater shields will melt away like the morning mist Stravo :D