Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

FireNexus wrote:Why not just have Kirk get ass raped. You're hell bent on making it impossible for him to win. :)
That's Gary Mitchell's general idea. He is not like other villains that give heroes even odds or gaping holes to walk through...he's pouring it on because he wants to make sure Kirk loses and loses badly.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I knew before I even checked Fanfics that you were going to give us a happy Turkey Day. Thanks Stravo!
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
ViciousMink
Youngling

Post by ViciousMink »

Whoa... Stravo, another good one!

Okay, Kirk's now got a Sith Lord, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Boba Fett after him. You're right, Gary Mitchell is *not* being a Bond villain. =)

And here I thought Wesley as a character would actually be redeemed! (Wil Wheaton himself is not a bad guy, it's just the character of Wesley who's been assassinated by his own writers....) Instead, he's about to become Darth Crusher. Still, it's very interesting about the origins of the doomsday machine. Since I'm running an SW game set in the Great Hyperspace War era *swipe* think I'll borrow this.... ;)

I guess the only thing I'd take exception to is the portrayal of Mara Jade. I guess I can't really see her swooning that much over Nemesis. But, then again, in the EU, she eventually *married* the little dirt-farmer from Tatooine, so, hey, who can tell? =)
The Jedi asked, "What is balance for me as a servant of the Light?" The Master replied,"Balance is not what you seek. For you it is accepting that destruction is a part of the universe."
-- from Koans of the Silver Master
Founder, the Cult of Wilhelm. "Praise be to Wilhelm. AAAAIIIIUH!"
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

FireNexus wrote:Why not just have Kirk get ass raped. You're hell bent on making it impossible for him to win. :)
Maybe but then again isn't it scary to see your opponent just smile at you when you are throwing everything at him, including the kitchen sink?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I cannot believe this Borg Alliance thing. ABSOLUTE MADNESS! LUNACY!

Janeway deserves to DROP DEAD.

She'll get what's coming to her I hope :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Vympel wrote:I cannot believe this Borg Alliance thing. ABSOLUTE MADNESS! LUNACY!

What's new about that?

Good chapter.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Vympel wrote:I cannot believe this Borg Alliance thing. ABSOLUTE MADNESS! LUNACY!

She'll get what's coming to her I hope :)
Oh Vympel...never you worry...her fate is soooo sealed. I plan to punish her for all the pain I endured watching Voyager. :twisted: :twisted:

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

*Mr Burns*

excelllllennnnnnnnnnnnt.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Stravo wrote:Oh Vympel...never you worry...her fate is soooo sealed. I plan to punish her for all the pain I endured watching Voyager. :twisted: :twisted:
I got SUCH a nice shiver when I read that... :twisted:
JADAFETWA
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Can RML help you with that Stravo??? the Jar Jar Binks technobabel experiment could use a new vic..I mean test subject
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

That was one kick-ass chapter, Stravo! :D I salute you!

Just too bad that much of the byplay on the ST side goes right past me since I haven't seen almost any of the ST series, just a season or two of TNG and half a season of DS9 and a couple of Voyager episodes (*shudder*). Not that I've missed all that much by some accounts, but it would still help...

Edi
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

WOW, great chapter,

now let's see here, Khan, Thawn, Nemesis, and now Boba Fett, I wonder if there is anyone else Gary Mitchell wants to hire?

btw, in your Battle for Earth chapter, Tom Paris is told that the Empire can caculate attack pattern, but in TESB, Luke says "use attack pattern Omega"

So, is that why they lost the battle of Hoth, or just you goofing up?

Also, the Delta Flyer has joysticks, Tom uses them to pilot the ship, and as a devout fan of that ship, I needed to inform you on this. Its two black handles, (I guess its the same way you woulduse a playstation :lol: )

Man, Wesley is starting to creep me out, is he going to go postal on the Excalibur?
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

FaxModem1 wrote:WOW, great chapter,

now let's see here, Khan, Thawn, Nemesis, and now Boba Fett, I wonder if there is anyone else Gary Mitchell wants to hire?

btw, in your Battle for Earth chapter, Tom Paris is told that the Empire can caculate attack pattern, but in TESB, Luke says "use attack pattern Omega"

So, is that why they lost the battle of Hoth, or just you goofing up?

Also, the Delta Flyer has joysticks, Tom uses them to pilot the ship, and as a devout fan of that ship, I needed to inform you on this. Its two black handles, (I guess its the same way you woulduse a playstation :lol: )

Man, Wesley is starting to creep me out, is he going to go postal on the Excalibur?
The attack pattern issue is explained this way. According to WEG Luke says :"Attack pattern Delta - go now." Delta was an attack stratgey that essentially put the speeders in a position where they could get a clear shot at the AT ATs heads. The pattern was not a rigid thing like you see on Trek. Sisko in the Mirror Mirror episode describes attack pattern Omega as simply wiggling the ship from starboard to port as they attacked. This seems more rigid to me than just, get to the AT AT's head. The rebels allowed more flexibilty in their attack patterns that Imperial predictors would not have an easy time locking on them. (Considering their losses at Hoth I would hazard a guess that Imperial predictors were still deadly accurate.)

The Delta Flyer Tom flew in Voyager was a custom job. When the Delta Flyers went into mass production Starfleet simply built them the way they've built all their previous small craft, touch pad controls. BTW don't think I'm knocking the Delta Flyer - I LOVE that thing, its sleek and beautiful and the way a space ship should look. In fact if you think about it how in the hell did Starfleet mass produce so many Flyers in the six month time frame after Endgame that this story takes place in? Author's licensce so that one of his fav ST ships gets mentioned and used often. :wink:

Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Excellent chapter Stravo..cheers

Loved this scene... :D
“Is it me or do the folks in this time speak slightly differently in technical terms than I’m accustomed to?” Kirk whispered to Scotty out of the corner of his mouth.

Scotty rolled his eyes.

“Sair, you don’t know the half of it. Most of the time I have to guess what my engineering team is telling me. It’s mostly useless technobabble as best I can tell.” Scotty replied wanly.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

OK, I didn't mean to nitpick, butI thought those things had to be mentioned.

btw, if that as Tom's flyer, wouldn't it have had he handles, or is it just a standard flyer?
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Yay! Boba Fett! I thought that you'd decided not to do him. :D
Great chapter(of course).

P.S. Whilst rereading the beginning, I noticed this:

Chapter 20, Page 19
Stravo wrote: Q felt it. The death of a planet. The rodent things as he called them, the Xalev as they called themselves died in an apocalyptic flash of energy. He shook his head.

“Have you no sense of decency? You slaughtered the inhabitants of a world that did you no wrong, that could never harm you. The poison you experienced would later be used by your scientists to cure Bergman’s Plague, but it was native to that world so millions will suffer needlessly. They sang songs as their primary way of language, one of those songs would later inspire a generation to look to the stars and join the brotherhood of space farers, no longer. Many years from now, one of them would go on to be the greatest artist this galaxy has seen in millennia, no longer so.” Q said evenly, a dangerous edge in his voice.
8)
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

“The problem, your highness is that you’re not the one with overwhelming firepower in this fight.” Archer noted with a grim smile.
My favourite line of the chapter ;)

Great work all along, Stravo. Iive been following Star Crossed from the beginning, and can't really describe my awe for your talent with words.

Ok, it sounded a little pompous, but you get the idea.

Cheers,

PeZook
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Gary Mitchell is *not* being a Bond villain. =)
Well there where SOME

Do you expect me to talk?
No Mr Bond I expect you to DIE

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Mr Bean wrote:
Do you expect me to talk?
Ah, Mr Bond, let me tell you my entire, evil plan, then put you in a pointlessly overcomplicated death machine that doesn't work.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Vympel wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Do you expect me to talk?
Ah, Mr Bond, let me tell you my entire, evil plan, then put you in a pointlessly overcomplicated death machine that doesn't work.
Tst, Tst, Tst. You see Goldfinger was the one that had Bond by the balls (pardon the pun), and he did not reveal his entire plan to him!
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Excellent. Fett Kahn Vader and Thrawn. It could only get better if he adds in Actually I cant top that... :D
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Stravo, you do out-do yourself with every chapter. I like the references to LotR, but the way that you craft each sub-plot before hand shows. The care that you put into this in the beginning is paying off. I am anxiously awaiting the full fruits of your labor.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

MoO, your words of praise are always welcomed and appreciated. I'm glad people have picked up on the LOTR reference, one of my fav lines in the books. I think it fits Mara perfectly.

I was worried that there may be too may subplots but the juggling act seems to be working.

Thanks again MoO!

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

As always, Stravo, you continually fail to produce anything other than superior work. ;)

Keep it up.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

My God man....Khan, Thrawn, Vader, AND Fett.

What the hell is Kirk gonna be pulling out for this one?! Q?!?!

Well, a damned good chapter Stravo.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator