Any Andromeda vs Star Wars fanfics out there?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Any Andromeda vs Star Wars fanfics out there?

Post by Dark Primus »

I think the Andromeda universe has displayed a wealth of possible stories that could be told are equal to that of Star Wars in my opinion :) To bad the last three seasons of it wasn't equal to the quality to the two first ones.

I am wonder if there are any Andromeda vs Star Wars fanfics out there that is well written?
Maybe even a possible Andromeda vs Yuuchan Vong story could be interesting. :)
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

....... Come-on, now, lets' be serious. Andromeda was a ship that survived the event horizon of a Black Hole. One of her crew was a Living Star. And you're throwing that against StarWars?

Sorry, Andromedia was Wanked. StarWars is at least semi-believable tecnology-wise
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

LadyTevar wrote:....... Come-on, now, lets' be serious. Andromeda was a ship that survived the event horizon of a Black Hole. One of her crew was a Living Star. And you're throwing that against StarWars?

Sorry, Andromedia was Wanked. StarWars is at least semi-believable tecnology-wise
Force Crystals and the Vong :wanker:
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Master of Cards wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:....... Come-on, now, lets' be serious. Andromeda was a ship that survived the event horizon of a Black Hole. One of her crew was a Living Star. And you're throwing that against StarWars?

Force Crystals and the Vong :wanker:
The VONG do not exist in Cannon. :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

Except that Andromeda puts out, high end, a few gigatons per second of fire total. A Star Destroyer does 40 times that with one (1) barrel of one (1) heavy gun, low end. And c'mon, with given Star Destroyer shield strength, even if Trance summons a star/becomes one, what's it gonna do? Sit there looking menacing? Furthermore, I wonder what the Death Star's main gun would do to this living star. It certainly wouldn't help it any.

I admit that the Empire could only curbstomp 1/3 of Andromeda-verse (It's spread over three galaxies IIRC), though the Empire would still be able to hold on to whatever it had to via the little-known bit known as planetary shields.

And you say that Andromeda is the one doing the wanking here? :roll:
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

The Andromeda was actually just outside the event horizon. It never entered. SW firepower and shields for the win.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Imperial Overlord wrote:
The Andromeda was actually just outside the event horizon. It never entered. SW firepower and shields for the win.
I'm going to watch this show now, because you seem to think it's good. Or at least had potential in the first couple of seasons.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Harrison Ford > Kevin Sorbo

Star Wars FTW.

And just for the record, if any one of these fics feature Chewbacca ripping that annoying kids limbs off (y'know, the Andromeda version of Wesley Crusher) i'd be more than happy to sing its praises.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Stofsk wrote: I'm going to watch this show now, because you seem to think it's good. Or at least had potential in the first couple of seasons.
Only the first two seasons. The others will make you cry. The show was far from flawless, but there was a lot of good stuff in there.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

There are few good episodes in the third season but for the love of JMS don't watch the fourth or the fifth season. Avoid it like the plague it is.

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Harrison Ford > Kevin Sorbo

Star Wars FTW.

And just for the record, if any one of these fics feature Chewbacca ripping that annoying kids limbs off (y'know, the Andromeda version of Wesley Crusher) i'd be more than happy to sing its praises.
Tss C'mon now :) Shamus Harper didn't have that level of annoyance did he? Wesley Crusher is holy DAMN annoying, above Jar Jar Binks, Nelix and many other annoying SF characters. :wink:

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Dark Primus wrote:There are few good episodes in the third season but for the love of JMS don't watch the fourth or the fifth season. Avoid it like the plague it is.
That's true. "Invincible Man" was pretty good and answers a lot of questions.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Dark Primus wrote:
Tss C'mon now :) Shamus Harper didn't have that level of annoyance did he? Wesley Crusher is holy DAMN annoying, above Jar Jar Binks, Nelix and many other annoying SF characters. :wink:
Jar Jar isn't bad enough that I won't put in my DVD of Episode I every so often, Nelix was bad but he was just one fucking idiot in a crew of fucking idiots. But you're right, at least Shamus at the wherewithall to build himself a robotic girlfriend while being annoying as hell while Wesley crusher ran around in his grey rainbow suit performing experiments that, had they taken place in the TOS era, would have been depicted slaughtering redshirts.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Mr. Sinister
Padawan Learner

Post by Mr. Sinister »

Stofsk wrote: I'm going to watch this show now, because you seem to think it's good. Or at least had potential in the first couple of seasons.
Watch everything up to Oroboros(sp?). That was the point they kicked off Wolf and everthing went down the shitter.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I still struggle to see how the Executive Producer could be kicked off by one of the show's actors. I mean... that just doesn't make any sense. What the hell is the story?
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Stofsk wrote:I still struggle to see how the Executive Producer could be kicked off by one of the show's actors. I mean... that just doesn't make any sense. What the hell is the story?
I don't know the whole deal, but what I've heard was that Sorbo and the production companies wanted to go with a more episodic formate to try and pick up more casual viewers. So they forced Wolfe out and slit their own throats.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

The story arch Wolf had laid out was very similar to B5, it was going to be a war among giants, war between NSC and the Neitcheans (sp) and several other races was going to play major roles in the bigger upcoming conflict against the Magog, like the Pyrians, the Borg look alike creatures...

Tyr was going to play a important role in the fourth season... but that didn't happen... *Feel great dissapointment over Andromeda* It could be as good as ST: DS9 but they fucked it up big time...

If they could have make it a succesful serie like ST then there could have been a following up serie.