2 Quick Height Questions (Malazan- Karsa Orlong + Samurai J)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

2 Quick Height Questions (Malazan- Karsa Orlong + Samurai J)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Quick question, can anyone give me an estimate of the height of "The Scotsman" from Samurai Jack & that of the Thelomen Toblokai "Karsa Orlong" (From the Malazan books of the Fallen)?

I know that estimates of one of Karsa's "Progenitors" (An ancient Thelomen Toblokai Teblor from their prime) have the height as near 22 metres (The "Demon" in the pit from "Chain of Dogs" or "House of chains"?), but I'm not sure as to whether he'd be massively larger/taller than the Scotsman (Who I'd estimate is around 2.2 meters tall at a wild guess).

We know that a Toblokai child is the same size as an adult human male of average size, but The Scotsman is much larger than most humans, so the size difference while in Karsa's favour is questionable in its degree (And ability to affect a fight due to range). :?:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I think you missed a decimal place there DEATH.

Karsa's height is never given exactly that I know of. Somewhere between 2.5 and 2.8 meters is my best guess, given that mixed blood Toblakai are still larger than humans, but signifigantly smaller than Karsa.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Imperial Overlord wrote:I think you missed a decimal place there DEATH.
Doh
I thought that read as Meters not feet (and confused 18 with 22).
Still gives a height of 5.4864 meters for a full Thelomen with Karsa at (A low end) 8-9 feet = 2.74meters.
Thanks for the help, matches up quite well with my 2.2 meter guesstimate for The Scot (Gets back to writing Chapter 10 of 4th war).

I suppose a guess as to the length of Karsa's Flint "As long as a lance" Uber-sword is out of the question? :angelic:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.