Tales from Wing City [Later Multi Universe Crossovers]

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Tales from Wing City [Later Multi Universe Crossovers]

Post by Redleader34 »

Tales from Wing City

Who am I? I’m Ryand, from Trantor, one of the Capitalistic Central Planets, but thats not important. Right now I must tell you my story. I was a pilot, my AI and I were just needing to refuel when..

Several months ago…

A small medium transport flew through the blackness of space. This ship was fairly small, only 100 meters long , its nacelles were reminiscent of the classic DC-10 aircraft. Inside the craft, was another story. The single pilot, a frustrated looking man of African decent was cursing at a monitor.

“Dammit all!” he shouted, as a rear panel sparked and the automated warning systems flared. The ship was unstable, and it couldn’t take much more. Back inside the ship, hidden under the smuggling compartment was a computer system. Inside it, if one could “see” data was a mess. The resident AI was fighting off a attack by a particularly nasty virus, and this one was work. The virus stared off by eating every spare CPU cycle it could. Sarah the AI tried her best, but this freshly created AI could not even fathom the hostile, sub touring being. “Its.. in my sou..” were her last words to Ryand would see before the AI panel went offline with red lettering. “Well great, I have NO AI, and my ship is damaged, so I can’t use the computer to navigate through this darkness, but I guess I should use the kit” Looking around, he noticed a glass case. He broke the case, revealing a slide rule, several books, and a digital radiation hardened calculator.

Causally perusing through the books, Ryand noticed one of the planets near him “Terra, Not to be confused with Earth! A standard colony, with repair yards and a large diverse cultures, including magic and psykers…” Ryand looked with glee, as he realized that Terra was less than a light week away, but the AI who calculated his jumps for him was down. He was limited to the task of going STL, a full week with nothing but a barley functioning ship “Fun,” he muttered as he calculated the power to turn towards the star, a standard G2V type. The ship started its first burn, as he placed in a sleep order. “6 days, should be enough to keep me from going mad,” he though, as he striped down to his underwear, “and the pent-2 should easily pilot me to Terra.”

Well, its my first work, what does SDN think?
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."