I'm writing a story

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

I'm writing a story

Post by jaeger115 »

Ok, my upcoming story is about Ivan, a genetically- and cybernetically-enhanced supersoldier with armor (like the Master Chief but with stormtrooper-like armor, not the 2-ton powered armor). He was born in a test tube and relentlessly trained from age five in military theory and tactics, so that he is an elite at age 17. He and his 24 other "Spartans" (not the SPARTANS from Halo) have been trained in ground, undersea, airborne, and spaceborne warfare, kind of like SEALS in space.

Now here's the plot: Mankind and her descendant races are at war with a rival alien race. Due to that, all mankind is held hostage by a central government, bent on selling propangada to the masses to keep them supporting the war. Ivan buys in all this shit, but on his third or so mission, he is hypnotized and captured by the aliens, who reveal what really happened that started the war. It turns out that his government started the war in order to gain power. Appalled, he initates a rebel movement... and so on.

So see you later, because I will be lessening my posts here to write this story. This doesn't mean I'll leave completely - and I'll tell you all when I'm finished!
Concession accepted - COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION
Elite Warrior Monk of SD.net
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
HAB Special-Ops and Counter-Intelligence Agent
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Moved to the FANFIC forum.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Sounds interesting, although it's always a possibility that the aliends lied to him to get him to spawn a rebel agency,which in turn helps the aliens
( HINT HINT :wink: ) fight the 'corrupt' humans.
Just thought I'd point something out. :D
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Jaeger, checkout Stark's War trilogy by John G. Hemry, it follows a similar premise, without the aliens, and is set not-so-far-in-the-future.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Oddity
Padawan Learner

Re: I'm writing a story

Post by Oddity »

jaeger115 wrote:Ok, my upcoming story is about Ivan,
Ivan??

:D :D :D
Supreme Ninja Hacker Mage Lord of the Internet | Evil Satanic Atheist
[img=left]http://www.geocities.com/johnny_nanonic/sig/sig.gif[/img] The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m sec sec.
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

Dammit, I seem to have writer's block... :x
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

Already?!

Okay, don't start writing the story yet. Instead, just write about something else; doesn't even have to be fiction. Prime the idea pump by getting your brain into the writing mode.
Chuck

jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

All right, got the prologue started. Thanks Sonnenburg. :)
BotM. Demolition Monkey