Mistaken Identity (SW/Hitchhiker's Guide Crossover

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DrMckay
Jedi Master

Mistaken Identity (SW/Hitchhiker's Guide Crossover

Post by DrMckay »

Mistaken Identity

A Star Wars Episode III/Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy Crossover:

It is said that, theoretically, history can be altered by the mere flip of a coin, which will in turn create a parallel universe. If that is indeed the case, the Universe as a whole must be an even crazier place than many first surmised. Considering the vast numbers of odd species, hokey religions, and ancient weapons out there, that would make the Universe a pretty crazy place indeed, a place where anything can happen at any time. Here’s a time when it did:

Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker angrily paced the hangar bay, glowering at the engines of the dropship bearing the Jedi Masters to arrest Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. His friend, his mentor in the arena of politics, and a Sith Lord.

The only one who can save Padme`.

He didn’t trust the Jedi to take him in alive, and began to stalk over to his airspeeder, to go after them and do…something, when Fate farted, and the fate of a tiny, insignificant galaxy changed.

A small, saucer-shaped ship descended over the landing pad and began to hover, extending spindly landing gear. In a stunning display of wealth, it was solid chrome all over. To Anakin, this chrome meant one thing- Padme`.

He knew she was still back at her apartment, but this ship could be here to deliver a message too personal for the comm. system. Using the brilliant foresight and good judgment *Cough* that he had displayed several times before, Anakin jogged over to the ship he had never seen before with a grin on his face. He was going to hear from Padme.

Imagine, if you will, his surprise, when instead of a human in Naboo livery, he watched a tall, thin alien with gray skin, in a gray robe descend the ramp.

It looked at a datapad, “Anakin Skywalker?” it asked, with a face suggesting extreme malevolence.

“That’s right,” said Anakin, in a petulant tone, “What do you have for me?”

The alien paged through the datapad, and nodded, letting it drop to his side, and giving a nasty grin.

“Anakin Skywalker, you smell. You’re a semi-evolved putrescent simian with disgustingly pathetic delusions of adequacy.”

Our hero was dumbstruck. “Excuse me?”

The gray alien looked at him quizzically,

“You are Anakin Skywalker?”

“Err- Yes?” he stammered.

“Anakin Renk Skywalker formerly of Distina?”
Anakin’s eyes narrowed. “Anakin Skywalker, formerly of Tatooine.”

The alien turned a paler shade of gray “Oh. Terribly sorry. In that case, I believe I was going to…” it checked the datapad, “Ah, yes. Call you a know-nothing nerf herder with no fashion sense. ”

It turned to go back up the ramp.

Anakin felt his anger rise again, and viciously clamped down on it. After all, to be fair, Jar-Jar was more aggravating.

He unclipped his lightsaber from his belt, but left it unlit. “Just a minute!”

“What now?” sighed the alien.

“I think you owe me an explanation for insulting me-twice!”

It made a rude noise, and continued walking.”

How dare this, this nothing insult me.

Anakin’s blade lit with a Snap-hiss, and the alien turned, an eye ridge raised.

Anakin was dangerously close to losing it, but he decided to apply Jedi negotiating techniques-Translation: Guilt tripping worse than a Chandrilan mother. In a measured, controlled voice, he continued,

“Perhaps I deserve an explanation because you fouled up on insulting me the first time?”

“Oh, very well.” drawled the alien, and Anakin extinguished his blade.

“I am Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, it said, bowing elegantly.

“Infinitely Prolonged-d’you mean Immortal?” asked Anakin, suddenly very attentive.

“Yes,” it sighed, “Thanks to an accident with an irrational particle accelerator, a pair of rubber bands and a liquid lunch. Wouldn’t recommend it though, those who tried it after me had some nasty side effects, and those that have it, and supposedly know how to handle immortality are a load of serene bastards.”

“And you?” asked Anakin, curious, “What did you do with immortality?”

“Well, going to funerals of acquaintances got old after a while, so I decided to keep busy by insulting every living being in the galaxy-alphabetically.”

“I…see.” Mumbled Anakin.

“Take it from me,” said Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, in a world-weary tone, “Immortality’s great for the first thousand years, but after that, it gets bloody boring.”

“You’ve lived longer than Master Yoda, what do you recommend instead?”

Wowbagger, the Infinitely Prolonged scratched its chin, “Find a cute girl, get piss drunk, and figure out the rest later.”
Anakin grinned, “Well, I’ve got the girl. I even married her.”

Wowbagger nodded, “Not bad, you’re halfway there…”

“Anakin!” The voice of Mace Windu cut through the conversation like a lightsaber through butter. (Why one would want to cut butter with a lightsaber is beyond me, but it makes a nice metaphor in this instance.)

The tall, dark skinned Jedi was dragging a very angry-looking Supreme Chancellor Palpatine along at saber-point by the scruff of his neck.

“You’re married?” He said, incredulously.

His grin widened to face splitting levels, “Yup, and I’ve got a kid on the way. Now I’m gonna go home to the wife, get drunk to celebrate a new Skywalker, and go have some ‘me’ time.”

He looked at Palpatine, “Sorry Chancellor, but I’m going to have to refuse your offer to betray the Jedi in order to save my wife from dying in childbirth. Now that I’ve had some time to think about it, the timing of those ‘visions’ was a bit too convenient.”

Palpatine and Windu’s eyes widened.

“Bye, Wowbagger, thanks for the advice. Good luck insulting the Galaxy.” With that, Anakin turned and walked to the airspeeder, to his family, and away from a creepy old man in dark robes.

Palpatine turned, looked at the stranger again, and did a double-take, and stared at the gray alien a glint of recognition entering his yellow eyes.

“You…..” he hissed

“Chancellor Palpatine, you-Oh, I’ve done you before, haven’t I?”

Wowbagger turned to the Jedi Master.

“Mace Windu?”

“Yes?”

“Nothing. See you in thirty years.” With that, Wowbagger, the Infinitely Prolonged turned, marched up the ramp of his ship, and blasted off.

First Star Wars Oneshot. Opinions?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Re: Mistaken Identity (SW/Hitchhiker's Guide Crossover

Post by Kartr_Kana »

ROFLMAO!! I don't know if you have anything else planned, but I'd love to see another story like this

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Funny, especially the bit about Palpatine at the end. But I don't really like Hitchhiker's crossovers, because unlike Star Wars or Star Trek, I fear Douglas Adams has a style that cannot be immitated. Take that however you wish. :)
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Well, thanks for the input. I tried harder to introduce the character of Wowbagger than to ape (Or Vogon) Douglas Adams' inimitable style. I just loved the idea of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged in the Star Wars verse.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

I wouldn't mind seeing Marvin start bitching about his liffe to Chewie.

Marvin, "Oh drat, now I've got no arms..."

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Quick question:

This story has gotten an even better reception than I had hoped, and my twisted little brain had the idea of crossing Wowbagger into various other sci-fi and fantasy universes.

I'd like to know if you folks think this idea is this idea workable.
AO3 Link | FFN Link
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

DrMckay wrote:Quick question:

This story has gotten an even better reception than I had hoped, and my twisted little brain had the idea of crossing Wowbagger into various other sci-fi and fantasy universes.

I'd like to know if you folks think this idea is this idea workable.
Well I've already made my reservations about Hitchhiker's crossovers clear, but if you want to write it, why not? It fits the character well enough, since Wowbagger's "mission" is to go across the universe (or all universes?) insulting everyone.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

DO IT! Please :D

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I'd love to see this be the start of a series of Wowbagger insulting other Science-Fiction realities.

I can imagine the reaction of him showing up and insulting say, the crew of a Klingon Warship.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Even more so, Wowbagger insulting the right person at the right time to fundamentally alter the future of the universe in question. I APPROVE!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Hilarious. Enough in fact for it to be saved to my hard drive.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Alright, you've convinced me. I have some ideas, Probably going to kick it off with the Stargates, Farscape, nBSG, and maybe some Trek as well.

Does anyone have any ideas for book/tv/movies or characters from the same in the Sci-fi and Fantasy realms I can use? (Commonly known a plus, if it's obscure, the jokes are less funny.)

If you have Ideas/suggestions, Please PM me, so the surprise can be maintained. If I use your Idea as inspiration, I will credit it, here, and on FF.net.

Is anyone interested on perhaps collaborating on some of these?
AO3 Link | FFN Link